GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,263
0 members and 1,263 guests
No Members online

Old 09-07-2013, 09:44 PM

I am curious. I can't imagine anyone (sister or PNM) being able to put her best foot forward and be impressive after fasting for a full day!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Hm...I wonder too..today before rounds I'll ask our president. Maybe she'll know.

Edit: just a small update about something kind of unrelated...one of the chapters on campus (I will not say) has been caught dirty rushing. They had a warning and still continued to do it. Not sure what will happen but I will keep you posted. This is very upsetting to everyone. I hope they finally got the hint and stopped.
🌙
BGSU

Last edited by GammaPhiAud; 09-08-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry for double posting, but I just wanted to update you all for this round!

This round was sisterhood and house tours round. After mutual selection, we were told an extremely large amount of the women that came through first rounds were returning to Gamma Phi Beta, which is fantastic! There were 9 groups that came through today, each with around 20-30 women in them, and out of the 9 groups I only picked up one girl I already knew at the door. But it was very great to meet some of the women that came through today! All in all, it was a great round and many, if not most, of the ladies were very happy to be there and excited to learn more about our sisterhood.

I also had a girl ask one of the best questions I've been asked so far during recruitment: "what single moment do you feel was the most strong point in Gamma Phi Beta's sisterhood so far?"
I shared a kind of personal (but not creepy personal) story and it really impressed her. I think many of the PNMs were very impressed with our house and our sisterhood.

Now we wait until Friday for round 3 - Philanthropy!
🌙
BGSU

Last edited by GammaPhiAud; 09-08-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Ahh just one more day until weekend 2 of recruitment starts!! My sisters and I are so excited, we really feel confident that we will recruit some quality women. We had a meeting tonight where we played games and talked about what will be going on this weekend. We also saw the final product of our bid day shirts - they are ADORABLE. Can't wait to meet my new sisters in just a few days!! <3
🌙
BGSU
Old 09-12-2013, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck with your chapter recruitment, looking forward to hearing how it goes!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all!! Your thoughts and well wishes have been very much appreciated!!!

Well today was Philanthropy round, and we had an AMAZING return rate today. A SUPER high percentage of the women we invited back came back! So far our chapter is doing extremely well in recruitment and we're very confident that some wonderful women will be joining our chapter on Sunday. Tomorrow is pref rounds, so we're all very excited but very anxious as well. I'm crossing my fingers that all will go well!!!
🌙
BGSU

Last edited by GammaPhiAud; 09-08-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:29 AM

Congratulations! I hope those women have a wonderful time today, and that you have a blast yourself!
Old 09-14-2013, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Best wishes for a fabulous New Member Class!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all!! Well today (er...yesterday now I guess) was pref parties, and they went extremely well!! Once again we had a super high return rate and the girls did seem to love our ceremony. Not sure how tomorrow will work out, because of course I can't read the girl's minds...but we're hoping for the best!! I will not lie, our chapter has struggled with numbers for years, but we're hoping to change that!

Thoughts and prayers are appreciated!!
🌙
BGSU

Last edited by GammaPhiAud; 09-08-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! Then, don't forget to keep rushing those pledges!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Snaps to your chapter! Sounds like you're having a great recruitment!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck to you! Have they set quota yet? How is Phi Mu closing affecting everything?
Old 09-15-2013, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Today was bid day!!! I'm not sure what quota was (no one told me haha) but I know it was a bit lower than in the passed. Today Gamma Phi Beta welcomed 11 beautiful new members into our sisterhood!!! This was the best formal recruitment we've had in a long time (we usually do better during open recruitment) and I'm so proud of my chapter! I know my new sisters will do wonderful things in Gamma Phi!! <3

We are going to be doing open recruitment events for about a month...I will keep you all updated! =)

So proud to be a GPhiB!!!
🌙
BGSU
Old 09-15-2013, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations. If you can keep all 11 of those and have a strong informal, you can be within shooting distance of quota over the year. It's an attainable goal!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

It certainly is! I have complete faith in my chapter that we can get more girls through open. It's always been our strong suit.
🌙
BGSU