GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,224
2 members and 1,222 guests
LaneSig

Old 09-23-2004, 02:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmathreebaby Send a message via Yahoo to sigmathreebaby
Question COB Ideas

Does anyone have any good COB ideas for me because our recruitment officer is brand new(our former stepped down) and she is so stuck on ideas. She needs a little help and I told her I'd post and ask. So please anything would be great. Our chapter is small and we need some more great sisters to add to our Gamma Psi family.

SLAM,
Susan
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-23-2004, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlondeGurl
Lightbulb

Give us some more info. What kind of ideas are you looking for specifically? Decorations? Conversation starters? Icebreakers? Songs? What are you looking for? Have you COBed before? What did you used to do? Do you have a house or do you usually take girls out to dinner? Etc....
SLAM
Old 09-23-2004, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmathreebaby Send a message via Yahoo to sigmathreebaby
Here at morehead state the sororities do not have houses so we would not be able to do COB in a house...In the past our COB's have gone fairly well. We have games or go to the movies, but we seem to repeat the same events every year. We would like to do something new that we've never done before.

Other things we've done:
Picnics
Slumber Party
Mary Kay Party
Movie Night
Karoke
Attending of other Greek's events

SLAM
Susie Q
Old 09-27-2004, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sigmathreebaby

Other things we've done:
Picnics
Slumber Party
Mary Kay Party
Movie Night
Karoke
Attending of other Greek's events

SLAM
Susie Q
Those are all GREAT ideas, we do ALOT of the same ones. We've invited PNM's:

*bowling or ice skating (call around to rinks and allies for group discounts)

*over to our house to watch popular TV shows (Sex and the City, 7th Heaven, etc)

*our philanthropy event (bowling), spa parties (buy spa kits from Target)

*board game nights

* and cookouts @ our house (if you don't have one, try a local park).

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I think this is really cute! you could take the girls on through a maze! this place http://www.cornfieldmaze.com/sites.p...ername=kywaddy has built corn mazes and the one in kentucky has a bunch of school mascots in it! Like the Eagle for Morehead!! I think it would be cute to take the girls through the maze and it would be something different and give you something to talk to them about! It looks really interesting and it would let you really get to know the girls.

Also I dont know what your budget is, but do youever take the girls out to dinner? One of the chapters used to do this at teh school i used to go to and it was very successful for them. They would go to a local restraunt (that most of the college kids in the area frequented) and have dinner witht the girls. this was more of a preference thing though. At our campus we did COB a little differently. There were usualy 3 parties and kind of like formal recruitment each party got a little more serious about the girls they were taking. so this was usualy what they did for their "preference" night.

I have also heard of Pajama Party at IHOP. i think that would be cute! Since you have alread had slumber parties I am sure you would have a good idea about how to pull this off nicely.

Also you could go to a football game together...have a tailgate party and invite the girls to come and sit with ya'll during the game! Then have a post-party (if you wanted) by going out later that night togeher to celebrate a win or console a loss. this is very good for freshmen because usualy they have a lot of school spirit! Plus it shows that you get out and have spirit too!!

i know there is more stuff, but I gotta study right now so when I think of moer I will post again!
Old 09-27-2004, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok so I was jsut looking att eh Morehead Chamber of Commerce web page and I see that you girls have a LAKE there! That is so exciting why dont you do something there? Is it maybe too cold? Not the season? How about Horse back riding!!! I saw this super cute link (http://www.dhresorts.com/articles/catview.asp?catid=203 ) that offers horse back riding in the area! I love horses .... what girl didt want a pny when she was 10-14 ! Seriously you should take advantage of unique stuff that your community offers ike this. If you call these places usually they will hook you up with a discounted rate for your group!

Also here is the link to your chamber of commerce (http://www.moreheadchamber.com/the_c...ity_highlights) you should check it out or stop by. They will have a ton of stuff for tourists and visitors to do, but it is also good for fun little adventures for yiour girls to go on.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Thanx sistas for all your great ideas...i'll let the ladies of gamma psi get something together!

Slam,
Susan