GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,204
1 members and 1,203 guests
aradativanovay8

Old 03-10-2004, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

In need of help

I was told of AI through a member of greekchat. So I am asking how to go about doing this. I want to join a sorority. I am in a unqiue situation. As I was reading the info that was on here I saw where someone wrote about a girl not going through the initation program becuase of other circumstances. Well guess what that is me. I tried to join tri-sigma about 2 or 3 years ago but my father lost his job and I had to come home from school. Now I am trying to get back into sorority and I am looking for any ideas on how to do this. I have contacted 2 headquarters (different ones) but I am trying to find one. The headquarters are giving me names but when I call I get no response from the chapters. If you have any ideas, please let me know. My mom and her whole side of the family (woman wise) have been in sorority but I am not who they are I am looking for a group of my own. Any ideas would be great.

MS
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-12-2004, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

mshoole

if you still want to be a part of the sorority that you were in college, I would say your best bet is to contact HQ, explain your situation and perhaps they can give you contact information about the local AC and perhaps you will see some of the people that you knew back in college. You may have a leg up or not.

If you choose not to go with that organization, I would contact HQ again and ask for some suggestions on contacting the locals AC, in your letters of introduction to the local AC explain your situation (leaving out the name of the group that you pledged) and state that you've missed that close connection and would like to be a part of it again. You may want to hit on there mission statement and perhaps why you feel a close connection to their philanthropy or what that connection is to that particular group.

Ask perhaps if they have any upcoming events that you could participate, be very clear that you are an AI and not a member, because they may think that you are one.

Be sure to point out that you know that the organization as a whole does AI and wanted to know if that local AC does this or knows anything about it, they may not know or be open to it.

It all comes down to geography for AI. I know that the group that I'm pursuing informed me that one area AC does not do it and if they do, its rare and only for female family members.

I hope this helps and I hope that you find a home.

Ms. Gwyn

Last edited by ms_gwyn; 03-12-2004 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

To let all know...I have decided to look at sororites all over that deal with AI...I have found that since I started talking to my sorority sisters in Beta Sigma Phi that alot of them are in sororites as well that are collegiate/alumna chapers..maybe there is a place out there for me after all...Please see my other thread..it will give you some insight on who I am,a nd if you figure out who I keep talking to it will help in alimnating the process, of who I am looking at.

Last edited by mshoole; 04-22-2004 at 02:37 AM.