GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,417
2 members and 1,415 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 10-26-2012, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

New local here.

Hello!

I am one of the founders of Sigma Kappa Xi. We are currently Building our numbers and expanding our oak family trees If you would like to know more about us and what we do, feel free to message me. We have come a long way in under a year, and I cannot wait to see what all our siblings can do in the near future!

Last edited by ΣKΞFounder; 09-24-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-26-2012, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
OP, sorry you won't get this...

But did any other Old Schoolers just have SKEPi flashbacks?!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDaisy128 View Post

No I do not get this. Do you mind explaining to me since I am not an old schooler?
Old 10-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Oh come on.. don't be so cynical. Old schoolers will probably also recall how they fawned all over whats her face who started that local out in California which apparently never went anywhere.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-26-2012, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Oh come on.. don't be so cynical. Old schoolers will probably also recall how they fawned all over whats her face who started that local out in California which apparently never went anywhere.
I am a bit confused considering I have no idea what you two are talking about, but I do assure you that I have nothing against any of the chapters here, just did not feel like I belonged in any of them. And I discovered other people felt the same way, so we got together and hatched this idea to start a local. In the process we also happened to pick up three other schools wanting to start a chapter, but we are waiting to see how our first year goes before approving the opening of other chapters.

Last edited by ΣKΞFounder; 09-24-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Quote:
Not being cynical at all...just all the SKEPi stuff came rushing back from some long forgotten part of my brain! Gave me a little giggle.

OP, a long, long time ago, someone came to CG discussing a local that they started called Sigma Kappa Epsilon Pi. The symbol was a dove, the colors were basically lavender and maroon, etc. All the symbol stuff was taken from the NPC sorority, Sigma Kappa. She was adamant that she was not stealing SK's stuff...because her group was called Sigma Kappa Epsilon Pi. It was just one big train wreck.

I wish you the best of luck with your group - I'm sure you group very much has it's own identity -- not like SKEPi! It's just SKEPi and SKXi sound similar.

Last edited by WhiteDaisy128; 10-26-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: mo
Old 10-26-2012, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Not being cynical at all...just all the SKEPi stuff came rushing back from some long forgotten part of my brain! Gave me a little giggle.

OP, a long, long time ago, someone came to CG discussing a local that they started called Sigma Kappa Epsilon Pi. The symbol was a dove, the colors were basically lavender and maroon, etc. All the symbol stuff was taken from the NPC sorority, Sigma Kappa. She was adamant that she was not stealing SK's stuff...because her group was called Sigma Kappa Epsilon Pi. It was just one big train wreck.

I wish you the best of luck with your group - I'm sure you group very much has it's own identity -- not like SKEPi! It's just SKEPi and SKXi sound similar.

Oh! Well that explains it well. No, our group has started from the ground up and decided on the letters not because we thought they looked good together, but because of what they stand for to us. I'll probably post all our symbolic things on here soon. We are debating on two pins right now that we have had designed for us; it's an oak tree!!! As well as fighting over what we want our coat of arms and flag to be. But we do have all the simple things down like colors (royal purple for both, turquoise for the women and royal blue for the men), mascot(St. Bernard), flower (white lily), ect. I'll be posting more when we have everything down in stone in about two weeks because that is when we are submitting everything to Greek life and Student organizations.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:55 PM

Several coed groups have flourished at my alma mater. It can be done ... All the best to you, ΣKΞFounder.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Old schoolers will probably also recall how they fawned all over whats her face who started that local out in California which apparently never went anywhere.
Hey, remember the part where a certain NPC was considering coming to their campus, and some GCers were telling members of that NPC to let their headquarters know that they should definitely absorb this local, on account of its awesomeness. Good times.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post
Hey, remember the part where a certain NPC was considering coming to their campus, and some GCers were telling members of that NPC to let their headquarters know that they should definitely absorb this local, on account of its awesomeness. Good times.
Actually, it was kind of sad that they didn't succeed, but at that point, it seemed their local was kind of floundering to the point that an NPC group would probably prefer a fresh start using their tried and true methods of colony starting.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-23-2013, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

This was EXACTLY where my brain went!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh I forgot all about this thread! I guess I will give an update. We currently have one chapter in New York, and one Colony here at Hanover. But, we broke away from the school for personal reasons. We would have had to alter our constitution to the point where it no longer meant what we wanted it to stand for, so we are going though the town rather than the school. But, our chapter at NY is doing great and is affiliated with their school! And, we have a prospective colony at another NY school that we are working on now. Our one year anniversary is coming up and we are very excited about the progress we have made in so little time.

Friendship. Growth. Protection.