GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,103
2 members and 2,101 guests
Xidelt

Old 03-11-2001, 08:22 PM

Hey Nole,

I've read a number of your posts recently.

Are you just trying to be provocative in some misguided way, or do you really believe the junk you write?

If you do, then God help your chapter and Nationals. This is the kind of stuff that perpetuates stereotypes. It is what all of the GLO's I'm aware of are trying to overcome.

Nobody should be subjected to any kind of hazing in this day and age. They don't have to put up with it.

Those times are past. Thankfully. We don't need to go back there.

DeltAlum
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-11-2001, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum:
Hey Nole,

I've read a number of your posts recently.

Are you just trying to be provocative in some misguided way, or do you really believe the junk you write?.

DeltAlum
DeltAlum has a very good point. Sounds suspect to me...too many people like to come here and start fires and then run before they get burned.

Old 03-11-2001, 10:33 PM
Unregistered-

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Destiny00:
DeltAlum has a very good point. Sounds suspect to me...too many people like to come here and start fires and then run before they get burned.

I think this guy often believes what he posts. I know this because he actually comes back and tries to defend the stupidity of his posts.

------------------
"Talk doesn't cook rice."--Someone smart

Visit Alpha Gamma Delta-Delta Sigma chapter!
Old 03-14-2001, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaChiGirl:
Since when does hitting someone make them a better member? What sort of warped logic is that?

I don't appreciate the comparison of this form of hazing to parentally-administered corporal punishment. There's a big difference. You all are (hopefully) mature enough to know the difference.
Although I consider myself to be of fair maturity, I don't see a gigantic difference - for the same reasons given above, neither should be the most effective, correct?
Old 03-16-2001, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

If you want tomake your process better, bond with your lb's/ls's(if this is concerning a BGLO), know your history, and be productive if you cross. The real work starts afterwards...
As far as wood is concerned...suck it up 'cause pain is more mental than physical.

Only a few cross those burning sands...
Old 04-14-2001, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Your brain can tolerate more than you ever thought possible. So just suck it up and deal with whatever, then when you finish do the same thing when that community service project is interfereing with some personal plans suck it up and deal with it. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2001, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

I think the wussy fraternities started this whole anti-pledge program BS to make themselves feel tough. Some of the people on this board complain about the most trivial things. At my school Sigma Chi is probably the weakest fraternity, but even they get to feel hardcore because they "haze" pledges by making them interview the actives and memorize a stupid book. It's insulting that weak houses with no traditions get to think they're breaking the rules. Save your arguments for the real hazers, the guys who OWN their pledges. Now THEY'RE hardcore.
Old 04-18-2001, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

They are not hard-core.
They are weak people who have a pathetic need to feel superior to other people.
They are lacking in self-esteem or common sense or both.
They are people who have forgotten that it is not possible to "own" any other person and it is wrong to try. (I believe our country has fought a war or two over ideas like those).
They are a disgrace to the modern Greek system.
Old 04-18-2001, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by dopenick:
I think the wussy fraternities started this whole anti-pledge program BS to make themselves feel tough. Some of the people on this board complain about the most trivial things. At my school Sigma Chi is probably the weakest fraternity, but even they get to feel hardcore because they "haze" pledges by making them interview the actives and memorize a stupid book. It's insulting that weak houses with no traditions get to think they're breaking the rules. Save your arguments for the real hazers, the guys who OWN their pledges. Now THEY'RE hardcore.

Oh so that's who started the anti-hazing program. I was wondering about that (please hear my sarcasm). It couldn't have been the large number of deaths and the countless number of court cases, could it? I truly hope that you guys don't really believe what you post. I personally know a gentleman who is having his wages garnished for the next 20 years because he was involved in a little "harmless" hazing. But at lease he "owned" his "pledges".

Or am I complaining about "trivial" things again?
Old 04-18-2001, 09:13 PM

DopeNick,

If you really believe what you said, then your name really fits.

Hazing is ILLEGAL.

DeltAlum
Old 04-19-2001, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow I am a Man, I took Wood!
What an assinine thing to say or do!!! The only time I took wood was to show a moron what an ass he was for thinking that the Fraternity he joined was great. Finally someone broke us up before one of us ended up in the hospital.
I want my Brothers not automotans who carry on the beating of other people.
I know there are Fools who still feel that it is the way to show brotherhood but DA, it is against the law and if someone dies then not only the local chapter, the National, the school, but the whole Greek Sociaty suffer for STUPIDITY.

I love to see MORONS ON THE GC to show the rest of us the light!!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)