GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,043
2 members and 1,041 guests
LaneSig, PGD-GRAD

Old 03-05-2013, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I wore my golden anchor! No questions, though...
Old 03-05-2013, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I wore my new badge with the alternating emeralds and pearls! And a student asked me what it was so I got to talk about it, even better.

I didn't know you got your limited edition badge, yay badge twin! (you got white gold, right?)

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 03-05-2013, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Wore my fab new opal badge today. Got asked about it by 4 students (which must mean they're blinded by the opals, or that they're slow - as I wear a badge at least twice a week)

I'll get it fixed someday when I come across a great estate jeweler, but for now, I love it as is

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDAlum View Post
I thought I'd started a thread on that very topic, but I just searched and couldn't find it.

It took me I don't know how long to figure out the progression from the Arc to the Crescent to the Circle for our awards.
Yeah - it's confusing.

There is no progression, really. The Arc track is totally separate from the Crescent track.

Arcs are for any level of service to Alpha Gam.

Crescents are for International service - at the Director, Chair, or Council level.

Circle is only awarded for creative, distinct, unusual service - 25 or so have been awarded total.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I wore my new badge necklace. I picked up an emerald-with-diamond-points pin in yellow gold on an auction site. It's not very old, but it's shiny. For Christmas, my husband had it put on a badge holder and bought a rope chain for it.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I received it when Doctor D did and our badges are pretty much from the same era, but this is mine, with my Crescent.

The Arc with Diamonds has two diamonds, spaced on the arc so one is near each end of the arc itself.

The heart dangle is a Heart of Alpha Gamma Delta award that an alumnae chapter or club can get for a member they want to recognize locally. The Honors of Epsilon Pi require a petition and are awarded based on those petitions. The Heart of Alpha Gamma Delta is a less formal process.

Last edited by AGDee; 03-05-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
I didn't know you got your limited edition badge, yay badge twin! (you got white gold, right?)
Yep, white gold! It's my profile picture on facebook right now. :-)
Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I love that Crescent, Dee.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post
I didn't wear my badge. Sadly, I discovered my fingers didn't work well enough to work the clasp. Stupid RA, but I wore it in spirit!
you need the necklace holder so you don't have to deal with the dang clasp. Hope your flair goes away quickly!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
I love that Crescent, Dee.
Thank you I do too. My heart and soul went into earning that Crescent! Each sister who received a Crescent at Convention this summer is someone for whom I have much love and respect and have worked with for over a decade. It was a very special night that is in my top 10 Alpha Gam memories. It is a more rare and special honor and I got to share that night with sisters who are very special to me.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I was proud to sport my key to class and to see other girls who took the time to dress up and put on their badges. We had a Zeta, Gamma Phi, Alpha Gam and KKG (me!) wearing them in my 8 am Econ class where we were thrilled to learn our professor was a KD!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyplayer View Post
I was proud to sport my key to class and to see other girls who took the time to dress up and put on their badges. We had a Zeta, Gamma Phi, Alpha Gam and KKG (me!) wearing them in my 8 am Econ class where we were thrilled to learn our professor was a KD!
Did your prof have her Badge on?

I truly envy you ladies who are allowed to put their Badges on holders and make necklaces out of them. I would get a lot more use out of my Badge if I could do that!
Old 03-08-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillarneyRose View Post
I truly envy you ladies who are allowed to put their Badges on holders and make necklaces out of them. I would get a lot more use out of my Badge if I could do that!
Same here. I would love to be able to wear my badge as a pendant (I don't think it would work as a ring) and I think my NM pin would look great as either a pendant or a ring - but we are expressly forbidden to turn either badges or NM pins into any other type of jewelry.

Yup, I still have my NM pin. We had to buy them, but we got to keep them after initiation - at least that was the way my chapter did things. But it's gathering dust in my jewelry box. I haven't been a NM in *mumble* years, so if I want to wear official jewelry, it's gonna be my badge. I would sooo wear my NM pin as a pendant if I had the option, though.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillarneyRose View Post
Did your prof have her Badge on?

She was wearing her KD badge! It was so cool to see how much the sorority meant to her even twenty years out of college and I think it gave us a great perspective that our Greek affiliations last beyond the four years of undergrad.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

When I wore my badge to class, I found out that one of my graduate students is an advisor for the Alpha Sigma Alpha chapter on campus, and one of the other students is the mother of two Alpha Xi Deltas...one of whom is currently chapter president of their chapter. The professor teaching in the room next door is also a Gamma Phi Beta...but she didn't know it was International Badge Day.