GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,125
1 members and 1,124 guests
Low D Flat

Old 02-15-2000, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Tweety
Lightbulb I am trying to start a sorority--please help me

I wish to start a sorority for mathematics majors and minors at my school, but am not sure how to start. I have been trying to find some sort of a mathematics oriented sorority out there to start a colony, but so far have been unsuccessful.
I know that at least four people in my department will join if someone else does the ground work first. I have not talked to a lot of people on campus, so i am sure that there are more out there....Please help, If you know of a math oriented sorority out there, please reply, or if you have any pointers.
Thank you all in advance, Irina.
Old 02-15-2000, 09:22 AM
luvbvr

Your counterparts are lazy!
Old 02-15-2000, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Irina -

There are some groups that are specifically for women in engineering, science or related fields such as math. Please do a web search on:

Phi Sigma Rho
Alpha Sigma Kappa
Alpha Omega Epsilon

------------------
Fraternally,
Barbara
Zeta Tau Alpha Alumna

If you have to go around telling everyone you're in charge you're not much of a leader.

Old 02-15-2000, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Tweety
Thumbs up

Barbara--

Thank you for your advice, I did the research, now I just need to present it to my friends, and see if we can start something here. Once again, thank you

Irina
Old 02-15-2000, 10:03 PM
Artimis

If interested, I can assist in answering questions on Alpha Sigma Kappa. Feel free to email me if you like.

Jenn

------------------
Beta Chapter Alumna and Founder
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
http://alpha-sigma-kappa.ou.edu/
Old 03-11-2000, 11:52 AM
Ladybug

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Tweety:
I wish to start a sorority for mathematics majors and minors at my school, but am not sure how to start. I have been trying to find some sort of a mathematics oriented sorority out there to start a colony, but so far have been unsuccessful.
I know that at least four people in my department will join if someone else does the ground work first. I have not talked to a lot of people on campus, so i am sure that there are more out there....Please help, If you know of a math oriented sorority out there, please reply, or if you have any pointers.
Thank you all in advance, Irina.
It will never work! Being in a sorority is all about UNITY. Your counterparts obviously don't want it bad enough. Trust me it won't work unless you are all willing to work to meet this goal. Yeah....I pledged.

Old 03-24-2000, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to you! Others have already told you about some of the sororities available to women in related fields, you may want to check out the Professional Fraternities Association homepage at www.profraternity.org. They have links to other groups like the one you're interested in creating, and can be an excellent resource. - B. Fulton, Sigma Alpha Professional Agricultural Sorority
Old 04-10-2000, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Wow, it's amazing that someone beat Artimis to posting not only about us, but about AOE and the PhiRhos! We may be small, but we're growing, getting our name out, and making some real progress!

Quote:
Originally posted by PnguinTrax:
Irina -

There are some groups that are specifically for women in engineering, science or related fields such as math. Please do a web search on:

Phi Sigma Rho
Alpha Sigma Kappa
Alpha Omega Epsilon

[This message has been edited by equeen (edited April 13, 2000).]
Old 05-05-2007, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Let's get it started

What college in Cali do you attend? I am going to attend CSUS in Fall 07 so if you are still interested in starting the sorority then you have another member. I have been looking online for information about starting my own sorority also. It is a lot of work but with a lot of dedication and heart you can start it. Let me know where u @
Old 05-05-2007, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB1120 View Post
What college in Cali do you attend? I am going to attend CSUS in Fall 07 so if you are still interested in starting the sorority then you have another member. I have been looking online for information about starting my own sorority also. It is a lot of work but with a lot of dedication and heart you can start it. Let me know where u @
The original post was like seven years ago.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
The original post was like seven years ago.
Lol. Good for AB1120 using the search function, but ummm... yeah. The OP has graduated college by now and is probably done with a graduate degree as well.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post
Lol. Good for AB1120 using the search function, but ummm... yeah. The OP has graduated college by now and is probably done with a graduate degree as well.

LMBO! I read the post and reply and didn't even realize that!