GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,439
1 members and 1,438 guests
MSKKG

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2007, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Local Sorority Looking to Merge with a National Chapter

At my university greek life is looking to expand its amount of national sororities on campus and decided to let my local sorority merge with a national in place of their planned extention (if we so choose.) We've formed a reseach committee and have spoken with the head of greek life to gather as much information as possible about various procedures that would have to occur for this to happen. However, we haven't found very much information about many things our members are asking about such as costs of national dues, the actual process for merging/ colonization, length of the colonization process, etc, due to NPC rules. While I'm not asking for specifics on what particular ogranizations do I was wondering if anyone here could give any general information about their dues, how national chapters feel about not being able to get a house soon after a charter (currently there's not enough room near campus for another sorority house), general merging process/ timeframe, and anything that you might feel would be helpful for us. Also, from my understanding, Panhellenic here would like to have this new chapter participating in formal recruitment in Fall 2008, does anyone know if we were to vote to begin the merging process as soon as possible, is this feasable? I hope this all makes sense, thanks a lot for your time and input!