GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,262
0 members and 1,262 guests
No Members online

Old 02-02-2009, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

More Phi Mu results

Christopher Newport (Lambda Epsilon) = 21 Phis
Elon University (Gamma Nu) = bid matched 36, COB 4 = 40 Phis
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-02-2009, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Bentley University
Jan 30-Feb 2
Phi Sig-unable to take
Alpha Phi-13
DPhiE-17
Gamma Phi Beta-7

Last edited by InseparableDI; 02-03-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: COB
Old 02-02-2009, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Denison University

Delta Gamma - 25
Delta Delta Delta - ?
Kappa Kappa Gamma - 20
Kappa Alpha Theta - 23
Pi Beta Phi - 24
Tri Delta took 23. Quota was 24.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Not trying to open up a can of worms, and I admit that I don't understand most (all?) NPC policies: but, if total is 85 and all but 1 chapter are almost double the total amount, shouldn't total be raised or expansion considered?
It's a matter of the college panhellenic, but I happen to agree with you. IMHO, once every or the vast majority of chapters have reached 20% or 25% over total on a regular basis, the college panhellenic needs to take a hard look at themselves and realize that their campus is ready to add another sorority. Of course, there are extenuating circumstances, and those should also be taken into consideration.

ETA: Didn't see KSUViolets' post. Perfect example of an extenuating circumstance!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Depauw's bid day was yesterday. Typically they post the names a few days later in The Depauw, but that website has not been updated since December 9.

I was reading something yesterday that they school is "down to" 68% Greek.
The DePauw's website hasn't updated in awhile because they haven't released a paper in awhile. They should have the numbers on the website tomorrow-ish, when the first new issue comes out.

From what I have heard, every sorority hit capacity except for Delta Gamma who apparently missed by 3.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Thanks. We all know what happens at DPU when one chapter closes. This makes me sad. I have three friends that were DGs in the 80s at DPU.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
Do you know if the the other chapters are at total? Or just Kappa Alpha Theta and Kappa Delta?

And since a chapter may not go over 100, it seems like it might be normal for chapters to be just under total. Is that the case here with just two chapters possibly at total?

Ahhhhh Ohio State... anyone who knows anything about this campus knows it has been quite the interesting case for the last few years. OSU has had a "hard" quota and "hard" total since 2001 I think (give or take a year or 2). Quota was ALWAYS 25, no matter how many women signed Preference cards and total was ALWAYS 100. So if a chapter went into recruitment with 80 women, they could only take 20 - not 25.

This year, however, the Panhellenic Council voted 2 days before recruitment stated to move to the "true" quota/total system - YAYYYY!! The campus used this method during recruitment and quota ended up being 22. Total is still at 100, and yes, at the end of recruitment only 2 chapters were at total. Most others were in the 90s, and the smallest chapter sitting at 60. I hope all chapters continue to COB to total either this quarter or the spring quarter since many are so close!!

Side note - since the campus is now using "true" quota/total, groups will be able to go over total (100) during formal recruitment next year!
Old 02-03-2009, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InseparableDI View Post
Bentley University
Jan 30-Feb 2
Phi Sig-unable to take
Alpha Phi-13
DPhiE-15
Gamma Phi Beta-6
Quota was 11
Old 02-03-2009, 04:25 PM

According to their national website, Alpha Delta Pi pledged 122 women for their new colony at Wake Forest University.

http://www.alphadeltapi.org/newseven...iew&newsid=227

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 02-03-2009, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyAlum View Post
Ahhhhh Ohio State... anyone who knows anything about this campus knows it has been quite the interesting case for the last few years. OSU has had a "hard" quota and "hard" total since 2001 I think (give or take a year or 2). Quota was ALWAYS 25, no matter how many women signed Preference cards and total was ALWAYS 100. So if a chapter went into recruitment with 80 women, they could only take 20 - not 25.

This year, however, the Panhellenic Council voted 2 days before recruitment stated to move to the "true" quota/total system - YAYYYY!! The campus used this method during recruitment and quota ended up being 22. Total is still at 100, and yes, at the end of recruitment only 2 chapters were at total. Most others were in the 90s, and the smallest chapter sitting at 60. I hope all chapters continue to COB to total either this quarter or the spring quarter since many are so close!!

Side note - since the campus is now using "true" quota/total, groups will be able to go over total (100) during formal recruitment next year!

Wow! I missed that memo. The Panhellenic Bylaws actually don't state the hard numbers. They have a formula (I think I copied it somewhere on this thread) that bases the quota on past few years of performance. Considering few chapters made quota last year and one of the top chapters had to snap bid half of the pledge class, it wouldn't surprise me that they finally changed it.

This is a shame. With nearly 60,000 students you would think they could fill 14 chapters of 100. In my years there, nearly all 18 chapters reached a total of 105. My pledge class had 36.

I just hope that with allowing the larger houses to go over quota it doesn't push the smaller ones out.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Spring formal recruitment at Gannon University was last weekend.

AFAIK, 67 PNMs went through, and quota was set at 7.

The only group I have actual numbers for (at this time - I've messaged the alum relations coordinator and she said she's going to get back to me) is Alpha Gamma Delta, who took 9 baby squirrels. This makes 18 for the school year, which is almost half the chapter (if total is still at 40, which I think it is).

The other good news coming out with no other numbers is that Phi Sigma Sigma had a great year as well - when I was there they were one of the smaller chapters on campus but the Greek Advisor is very proud of them - they're not in any sort of number trouble now! I'll probably post again when she gives me more information.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
According to their national website, Alpha Delta Pi pledged 122 women for their new colony at Wake Forest University.

http://www.alphadeltapi.org/newseven...iew&newsid=227
Thanks for posting that! I've been so focused on our W&L colonization, I clean forgot about Wake Forest! Does anyone know which society that was, way back when?

Quote:
Wow! I missed that memo. The Panhellenic Bylaws actually don't state the hard numbers. They have a formula (I think I copied it somewhere on this thread) that bases the quota on past few years of performance. Considering few chapters made quota last year and one of the top chapters had to snap bid half of the pledge class, it wouldn't surprise me that they finally changed it.

This is a shame. With nearly 60,000 students you would think they could fill 14 chapters of 100. In my years there, nearly all 18 chapters reached a total of 105. My pledge class had 36.

I just hope that with allowing the larger houses to go over quota it doesn't push the smaller ones out.
I have to admit, when ADPi closed there (I think AOII has the ADPi house), I had mixed feelings. They had a decently sized chapter, but only three would live in the house - which means more about the housemother than the chapter to me. On the other hand, my chapter got the lion share of their furniture - which was very much needed at the time!
Old 02-04-2009, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post

I have to admit, when ADPi closed there (I think AOII has the ADPi house), I had mixed feelings. They had a decently sized chapter, but only three would live in the house - which means more about the housemother than the chapter to me. On the other hand, my chapter got the lion share of their furniture - which was very much needed at the time!
The FIJIs are in the old ADPi house and the AOPis are in the ZTA house. I know the Zeta housing corp still owns that house, but I'm unsure about the FIJi/ADPi. I feel bad because the ADPi house was always kept up until the guys moved in.

However, the old FIJI house (which was enormous) are now apartments as are the old Phi Mu, SDT and ATO houses. A lot has happened since the 1980s.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Benzgirl,
Have you been in the former ADPi house lately to know that it isn't being kept up now? I know the Fiji's House Corp. did a lot of work before they movie in, and it still looks pretty good on the outside. Just wondered what it is like inside at this point.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
Benzgirl,
Have you been in the former ADPi house lately to know that it isn't being kept up now? I know the Fiji's House Corp. did a lot of work before they movie in, and it still looks pretty good on the outside. Just wondered what it is like inside at this point.
I haven't, but a friend of mine (who was an ADPi) has. I think a lot of it has to do with the pristine look of a sorority house where all furniture coordinates with the wall coverings and furnishings vs. walking in and seeing guys with their feet up on the furniture. I know that is stereotyping, but she said, "it's really sad".