GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,267
0 members and 1,267 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2001, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Wink Re: Today's the day!!

Quote:
Originally posted by UFgirl
alright, so pref night is over and what an emotional night it was!! All of the ceremonies were so beautiful ( and all the food was great, he-he ) and I thought that it would be sooo difficult to decide.........but..........when I walked into phi mu the girl who talked to me seemed so genuinely excited to have me back and my friend who is a phi mu had told the girl I was talking to all about me so she seemed really interested in getting to know the real me. we were then taken to the dining room were each table had a place for two people. when I sat down at the table and saw that my name was written on the piece of cake with pink frosting I started to get teary. I had a great conversation with my rusher and then we were moved into the living room for the rest of prefs. They sang, they told stories of how sisterhood at phi mu changed their lives, and I bawled like a baby the whole time. after that we were given pink carnations and the rusher and rushee each plucked a petal from the flower and threw it into the fountain to make a wish. as I was doing so the girl who was rushing me said that she hoped my wish was the same as hers.
when it was time to sign my bid card I had no doubt in my mind of which chapter to put first, phi mu, and I hope with all my heart that when I open my bid card tonight at 6 pm that I will see the letters I dreamed of last night
As most of you know...lol, BGLO have a different process for becoming a member...a sorority sister. I have to tell you, Greekchat has been a true education. I read the entire thread of UF girl and I cried and smiled reading all of her posts. How exciting it all must be. I am rooting for you to girl! Your last post was quite a special story. Thank you for being so generous in sharing your moment, and teaching those of us who are not familiar with rushing. GOOD LUCK!!!!!! ((((big huggies))))
Old 08-26-2001, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh...that was such a wonderful story. I am so happy for you. The Phi Mu's on my campus are a great bunch of girls and their parties so far during my recruitment have been so much fun. They are so enthusiastic and so sweet. Anyways, good luck tonight when you open the bid envelope!!!! I'm sure everything will work out perfectly for you !!
Old 08-26-2001, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOPIHottie Send a message via Yahoo to AOPIHottie
Oh, cant wait to find out if she is a phi mu!!!!!!!! So right about now, she is getting to know her new sister?? I don't know the time there, but I hope that is what is going on.....I will be on here ALL NIGHT watching probaly, yeah, I have no life, but I am so into these girls and finding out where they have found home.
Good luck on bid sweetie!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2001, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to canadajen
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AOPIHottie
[B]Oh, cant wait to find out if she is a phi mu!!!!!!!!.....I will be on here ALL NIGHT watching probaly, yeah, I have no life, but I am so into these girls and finding out where they have found home.

I DEFINITELY second that ... I've been back on here so many times already, and will keep coming back!!

- Jen
Old 08-26-2001, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

i'm praying for you UFGirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you get Phi Mu!!!!! Good luck girl!!!
Old 08-26-2001, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
I bet she's at bid night festivities with her sisters
Old 08-26-2001, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
fingers crossed!!!
Old 08-27-2001, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Thumbs up

the suspense is a killer for all of us!!!!!! its 12:27amEST!!!!!
Old 08-27-2001, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry Re: Today's the day!!

Quote:
Originally posted by UFgirl
after that we were given pink carnations and the rusher and rushee each plucked a petal from the flower and threw it into the fountain to make a wish. as I was doing so the girl who was rushing me said that she hoped my wish was the same as hers.
GRRRRR!!!! I can't even tell you how mad this makes me! Phi Mu stole our prefs ritual! My sorority, Alpha Xi Delta, used this for a decade at UF (we lost our charter last year ) and now that we're gone, so much that was special to our chapter is being taken by others. TKE rented our house and tore down all the letters. A O Pi will take over our philanthropy I'm sure. (We had the best one - Men of UF Calendar, benefitting Boggy Creek Gang Camp for critically/terminally ill kids) Now, our beautiful, special preferentials ritual is no longer ours too.

I know Panhellenic requires all the chapters to submit their rush plans and ceremonies ahead of time, so as to prevent rush infractions and duplications. Phi Mu has not used this ceremony as far as I know. We used to compete for many of the same rushees, so I'm sure many of their sisters saw our ceremony firsthand. Now that we're gone, they decided to use it.

Sigh.

P.S. UF Girl - please don't think I'm mad at you. This obviously isn't your fault. This is just my irritations with the sometimes-nasty competitiveness of the Greek system at UF

Last edited by G8Ralphaxi; 08-27-2001 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-27-2001, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UFgirl
I keep trying to post but it just doesn't go through. Maybe my computer is just wiggy......anyway..........I'M PHI MU
I'll give more detail later about everything, but right now I have to study....thanks to everyone for all their support!
Old 08-27-2001, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Phi Mu has just welcomed a fabulous woman into their chapter
Old 08-27-2001, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

UF GIRL -- I"M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I guess I'm living vicariously through you and the other rushee's posts - since I'm not rushing till prolly next year! LOL. Thank you so much for telling us of your rush experience!!
Old 08-27-2001, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Hooray for you UFGirl! Remember to come back and share every little detail with us. We *want* to know!

Congrats on Phi Mu! You're going to have a wonderful time and make so many special memories!
Old 08-27-2001, 02:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to canadajen
Thumbs up CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am so very happy to hear that your wish of Phi Mu came true tonight!! You were definitely in many people's thoughts tonight, as you can see by the number of posts & views!! Welcome into the greek sisterhood, you certainly will make a wonderful addition

You'd better believe that were going to hold you to your promise of sharing all the details with us sometime very soon!! Can't wait to hear them ...

Once again, congratulations on pledging Phi Mu UF girl (sorry, I don't know your name yet). Enjoy every minute of it!!!

Greek Love,
- Jen
Alpha Gamma Delta

Last edited by canadajen; 08-27-2001 at 02:57 AM.
Old 08-27-2001, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOPIHottie Send a message via Yahoo to AOPIHottie
Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats UF Girl!!! We are all sooooo happy and excited for you! Good luck to you, and we hope you will continue to post here, and let us know all about your pledge period, Good luck for a great fall semester!!!!!!!!
And Phi Mu is lucky to have such a sweet and wonderful young woman to call a sister, and the Greek Community here at Greek Chat is lucky to welcome you as a sister.

Much Greek Love,

AOPIHottie
Closed Thread