GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,893
0 members and 1,893 guests
No Members online

Old 01-04-2002, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

My two cents:

I would definitely check out open rush. Most likely (from what;s been posted) those two houses will have COB anyway so you could give them a second look then.

I did it the other way around. I went through open rush and (long story) was dirty rushed. Oddly enough, the houses I went to during COB were not the houses I ended up liking during formal rush. That was just my experience though.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-04-2002, 02:24 PM
UMgirl

<---Comes From A System Same As IU

Michigan system is the same except we only have 16 (but ti was still a pain in the you know what and computerized)
I can see everyones point in this.
For those who say she should go back, its because with this kinda system, especially on the first day....you only talk to each other for maybe 5 mins, and then get traded to maybe 2 others girls for a total of 15 mins. No matter what kind of feeling you get from the house it could be wrong, b/c you dont spend that much time there. Like on girl said when I rushed...this system blows, we dont really get to know you and you dont really get to know who we are. First impressions can be wrong give em a chance.
I can see Roxy's point though. When i went through formal rush out of 16 houses i was asked back to 4, and it didnt make me feel good. Only one was one that i wanted to go back to,. But i dropped. My rho chi called me and asked if I was sure about it, and I told her yes. But I regretted it that entire year.

However you should do what YOU feel is best for you.

COB can be awesome, but usually there are less houses to choose from, and the same houses you didnt want might be the only ones doing it. But COB is far more relaxed and you do spend more time with the girls.
I know there's the "system" which seems to be at larger schools and then alot of panhels at smaller schools (from what Ive seen) seem to have open houses and then you choose which houses you want to go to. I see flaws in both, but i personally would have like sorority rush to be the way fraternity rush was at my school. Go to as many as you want, and recieve as many bids as you want. It only as long as a week compared to 3 and was more relaxed and casual.
I also see alot of people saying that if she had of continued and rejected the bid that she wouldnt have been able to rush the following rush. Its funny cuz at UM your allowed to do that. I did it a semester. The only way you cant rush again, is if you accept a bid and then de-pledge or just dont show to the first couple of meetings. Funny

Last edited by UMgirl; 01-04-2002 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: <---Comes From A System Same As IU

Quote:
Originally posted by UMgirl
The only you can rush again, is if you acceot a bid and then de-pledge or just dont show to the first couple of meetings. Funny
So if you don't get a bid the first time around then you can only join a GLO through COB?? That'd be very discouraging for PNM's who 'mismatch' or get cut early on.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:00 PM
UMgirl

sorry had to go back and edit that. I meant they only way they wont allow you to rush again.
If you dont get one, you can rush anytime. If you get one but decline it, you can still rush anytime. If you get one and accept, but drop during any period before Initiation, you have to wait a full year, and it seems from another thread if you get a bid but decline you cant rush for a term. Just thought it was funny cuz you can do that at UM.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Girl Im sorry that your rush experience had to be like that....I hope you decide to do COB..... you know you can come to the board if you need anything....Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Nichole