GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,214
1 members and 1,213 guests
No Members online

Old 05-03-2016, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Housing Options

New Mexico State is in the process of trying to develop a Greek Village/Row. The options are not really to build new but remodeling some existing structures.

I am trying to figure out what are some of the housing options that other schools have that don't actually have a house.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 05-03-2016, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Clemson has two separate building structures set up for Greek housing on-campus. There are two buildings that are four stories each and hold three sororities each, with the bottom floor holding a large open meeting room and three smaller rooms designated for each chapter as well as a laundry facility room. The other six sororities and some fraternities live on the Greek Quad, which is a bunch of four-story buildings with a similar setup.

Here are some links to the housing website, and I can answer more questions if you have them: http://housing.clemson.edu/livin-opt...-housing/quad/
http://housing.clemson.edu/livin-opt...-housing/quad/
Old 05-04-2016, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

Check out Auburn University Panhellenic.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Baylor does not have houses ,but each sorority has space in the Stacy Riddle forum. http://www.baylor.edu/stacyriddleforum/
Old 05-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Pitt has one dorm that is exclusively for sororities. It was part of an upper class apartment complex at one time. This floor plan is more from pre-2000:

Read more about it here.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Northern Arizona has an all-Greek residence hall. Link below.

http://nau.edu/Residence-Life/Housin...ns/Greek-Life/
Old 03-30-2017, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it’s awesome that some universities dedicate on-campus space for Greeks! At the University of Florida, we don’t have that option. There are several chapters that have either recently been colonized and don’t yet have a house, or their house has been in the process of re-construction, leaving no official space for sorority activities. There are no on-campus dorms or designated areas solely for sororities, however certain chapters have chosen to hold official meetings in classrooms and auditoriums on campus. These rooms are unfortunately often too small or filled with immovable chairs, though, which makes it difficult to work around for certain rituals or events. There are a few sororities who temporarily rented out large common spaces in apartments near UF’s Sorority Row. Chapter women generally want to live in apartments close to Row, anyway, to be close to their sisters and other Panhellenic friends, and often hold informal get-togethers at sisters’ apartments when there is no chapter house to meet at. If your chapter does not have a house, I would highly suggest renting out a common space instead of using a cramped classroom in order to create the most comfortable and welcoming environment for sisters (this is especially important during recruitment)!
Old 03-30-2017, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Pitt has one dorm that is exclusively for sororities. It was part of an upper class apartment complex at one time. This floor plan is more from pre-2000:

Read more about it here.

That is really, really close to what Carnegie Mellon had for sororities when I was there -- each chapter had a floor in Morewood Gardens, and MG must have been designed by the same architect <grin>.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

At Wake Forest each chapter has a hall of dorms that they are allotted. They each also have a lounge space below the dorm rooms that can be used for meetings and even social events (fraternities frequently throw parties in their lounges!)
Old 03-31-2017, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

App State bought an old hotel and converted it into a panhellenic hall. Each sorority has a certain number of rooms and a "parlor room". There is no other sorority housing.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post

Read more about it here.

Amazing. I have looked at this floor plan thousands of times, and am just realizing now that they have Fifth Avenue on the wrong side of the building! The rooms on the bottom of the photo look onto Fifth Avenue, while the rooms at the top look into the Schenley Quadrangle.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

honey, I have some questions if you feel up to answering:

1) are rooms 13, 15, 18, 20 for singles?

2) what's room 12? I don't see a bath. Does it share the bath with 13 & 15?

3) how many live in rooms 1, 3, 5, 6, 8 & 10? Are there four shared baths for all those rooms?

4) there is not enough closet space IMO. And the thought of sharing those bathrooms - gah! But then I'm not 18-21 years old, so my opinion doesn't mean anything. This does look interesting, and a whole lot more appealing than sleeping porches.

thanks for indulging my West Coast lifestyle brain.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

We LOVED our sleeping porch! You could go up and nap at any time and not be disturbed, and it was always quiet - not true when you have sleeping quarters in the same room as living space.

I think Vanderbilt has lodges. There is space for meeting/rituals, lockable storage for ritual equipment and records, a kitchen area, and rooms for a few officers to live there.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Loved our sleeping porches too. Just as AnchorAlumna described.

Doesn't Texas Tech have lodges? And Emory?

U of Miami has a Panhellenic building where each sorority has a living/meeting/chapter room,a locked storage closet, an office, and a bathroom. It may also have a kitchenette; I just can't remember.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Texas Tech has lodges. I think Emory has townhouses like Georgia State.