GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,475
1 members and 2,474 guests
flirt5721

Old 04-28-2016, 12:45 AM

Alpha Phi has been chosen to colonize at Southeast Missouri State University in Fall 2016!
Old 04-28-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi4Ever View Post
Alpha Phi has been chosen to colonize at Southeast Missouri State University in Fall 2016!
http://news.semo.edu/alpha-phi-joini...east-sorority/

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 04-28-2016, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Might this be a situation where one of the original ETSU NPC presenters quietly dropped out, and a different third presenter was added? I know of two situations, in the past seven years, where that situation occurred.

If indeed there were a total of four NPC presenters, ETSU may be stacking. Four NPC's recently presented at another university, and only one of the four was named for a colony.

However, sometimes a second colony group will be stacked silently and I'll be surprised two years later that GC never listed them as 'chosen to stack/colonize' originally

It would be nice if they did a stack. They could use it. From what I understand from alumnae from ETSU chapters, they have been asking for extension for years but it never happened. They have had budget cuts and a new president in the past 5 years, and enrollment had been down. There are only 4 sororities on campus. Other schools in the region have seen their Greek Life grow. Appalachian State has 3 new sororities since 2008, several fraternities have come on campus as well. It is great that ETSU has opened for extension and at least one is going to come on campus. Would be nice to see a stacked one though.
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:25 PM

I would be a little disappointed if ETSU stacks, only because that would be a shame for Phi Mu. The 3 dormant groups are AOII, DZ, and Phi Mu. I know that the Phi Mu alumnae were really hoping for the chance at recolonization but Phi Mu declined to submit due to the colony commitments they already have. With a stack, not only might they have been able to accommodate it, but it also would lessen the chances of future expansion.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Our Stanford chapter was also an early, single letter chpater (Mu). I would also love to see us return. Delta Gamma and Gamma Phi Beta are both very strong in California, so I would hope either of us could have a successful recolonization. We have tons of active alumnae in the area.
We've had such a great run the past couple of years with Beta's (Michigan), Iota's (Columbia), now Phi's (Washington U), and soon (eventually...) Chi's (Oregon State) recolonizations. Mu would be the final possible single-letter recolonization for us, and I bet there's a ton of support for it. It'd be almost too good to be true.

Fingers crossed, but good luck to all single-letter and double-letter folks!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Zeta - Murray State Colony

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
I have no inside information, but I think it is on hold. The stack at Murray seems very aggressive, without obvious need.
Well, it looks like the colonization might happen after all! Delta Zeta is listed on Murray State's Greek Organizations page:
http://www.murraystate.edu/campus/or...nizations.aspx

Edited to add another article, which was also on Twitter:
http://thenews.org/2016/04/21/new-so...gns-of-change/
Old 04-28-2016, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Delta Pi has announced that they will be colonizing at Campbell University (NC) this fall! This will be the second NPC sorority on campus after Delta Phi Epsilon a couple years ago.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Presenting at UC Davis:
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Omicron Pi
Phi Mu
Old 04-28-2016, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

California State University, Dominguez Hills is open for Extension to bring a new chapter to campus in Spring 2017.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi4Ever View Post
Awesome! It's a very nice campus with a great student body. I know someone who works there and she loves working with the students there.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
I would be a little disappointed if ETSU stacks, only because that would be a shame for Phi Mu. The 3 dormant groups are AOII, DZ, and Phi Mu. I know that the Phi Mu alumnae were really hoping for the chance at recolonization but Phi Mu declined to submit due to the colony commitments they already have. With a stack, not only might they have been able to accommodate it, but it also would lessen the chances of future expansion.
I hadn't realized that they didn't submit a packet. It would be nice to have all 3 back on campus.

Their housing situation is different now. They no longer have a dorm in the central part of campus. They actually have apartment type housing just off campus now. I've heard it's really nice!
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Alpha Theta has been invited to colonize at Colorado School of Mines this fall.

link here
Old 04-28-2016, 10:48 PM

A reliable source confirmed Alpha Phi is not presenting at ETSU. The original poster was misinformed.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridentia View Post
Presenting at UC Davis:
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Omicron Pi
Phi Mu
The information passed to me says that Alpha Delta Pi is presenting, not Alpha Omicron Pi.

Opening for expansion:

Bryant University(RI)

Lindenwood University- Belleville campus(IL) - previously announced for expansion

Hastings College(NE)- currently has local groups; opening for national

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 04-29-2016, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Hastings College(NE)- currently has local groups; opening for national
Are these locals looking to affliliate with NPC, or is the opening for a NPC group to add to the existing locals?