GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,291
1 members and 2,290 guests
No Members online

Old 04-12-2003, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

If I may interject: Diamonds go well with almost anything in my opinion. Except maybe raggidy cotton t-shirts.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-13-2003, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
When I'm a rich old lady, though, I am going to upgrade my current lavalier to something like this:

Although, at $495, it's a little out of my broke-college-student price range.
You need to put a kidney on layaway to get one of those, but it's BEAUTIFUL!
Old 04-13-2003, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DGMarie
Sistermadly, you were just initiated recently, why didn't you get the upgraded badge at that time? Just curious.

When I was initiated they did not have my badge ready. They said for AI, they waited until after you were initiated to get yours because of the engraving....so my sponsor let me use her little DG recognition pin (the tiny little anchor badge version).

I got mine last week....
Hey Marie,
When I was alumna initiated into Delta Gamma, and I was filling out the 'paperwork' and sending in my money, the option was actually not offered to me that I could order one of the "fancier badges". I kind of wish that that option had been made available to me, but oh well.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, it would seem like they should've mentioned it to you since otherwise you end up buying TWO badges and what are you going to do with two of them? It was mentioned in my letter but I assumed it was a form-type letter that everyone got.

Marie
Old 04-13-2003, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Quote:
Originally posted by DGMarie
otherwise you end up buying TWO badges and what are you going to do with two of them?
I'm considering donating my plain badge to Beta Theta chapter to use as a 'loaner' during initiation.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I upgraded my plain chapter guard to a pearl one. I wish Delta Zeta offered a white gold badge like some other sororities do!
Old 04-13-2003, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish Alpha Gamma Delta did, too! I don't really have any jewelry (except pearls) that goes with my yellow gold badge, because yellow gold doesn't really look that great on me. It seems to me that if the color of gold isn't required to be yellow by ritual, we ought to be able to get it in white gold, too. I know most of the girls in my chapter would get one!
Old 04-14-2003, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Gamma Phi Beta has a two-toned badge that is soooo neat -- and affordable...wish they'd had it when I was buying mine way back when -- I got the all pearl one and it was a huge chunk of change at the time I recall!
Here is the two-toned badge
Old 04-14-2003, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Finally!!

I remember seeing that GFB badge before & thinking it was a great solution for the yellow vs. white gold question!

I finally got my white gold badge today!! Here it is:

To Be Rather Than To Seem To Be
Old 04-15-2003, 02:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
What a pretty badge, SilverTurtle! I have to admit, I love badges with chased letters.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
I posted about ordering my own badge, but yesterday my husband's upgraded badge arrived! He's a Sinfonian, and PMA only has two kinds-- plain with a chased triangle border, or crown set with faux rubies and pearls. It arrived last night.

Which is nice, since now he won't be so jealous of *my* badge upgrade!!!
Old 04-15-2003, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiBLtColonel
Gamma Phi Beta has a two-toned badge that is soooo neat -- and affordable...wish they'd had it when I was buying mine way back when -- I got the all pearl one and it was a huge chunk of change at the time I recall!
Here is the two-toned badge
I got that badge. I couldn't afford what I really wanted (white gold with pink sapphire points on the phi) and I figured that it would always match my jewelry.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I have it as well, on a pendant and I really like it. It stands out real well and everyone seems to notice it. My original badge is too ornate (gamma/beta are all pink saphirres, phi is all pearls - don't make it anymore) to wear with anything less dressy than a nice dress and I wanted something to wear more often.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to fijijr
I enjoy the fact that FIJI has gone only to the one badge that made from the mold of one of the founder's original badges from 1848. It reminds me that we are all brothers(graduate or chapter) none higher above the others and that the intent of the founders is not overshadowed by jewels or stones.

But please believe me, my wife will wear the bling bling sweetheart badge with the diamonds and such.

Old 04-16-2003, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
I have it as well, on a pendant and I really like it. It stands out real well and everyone seems to notice it. My original badge is too ornate (gamma/beta are all pink saphirres, phi is all pearls - don't make it anymore) to wear with anything less dressy than a nice dress and I wanted something to wear more often.
Melanie, if you ever don't like that blinged out badge anymore, I know somebody who will be happy to take it off your hands! And lol at Fijijr, I told my boyfriend that if he pins me I want a blinged out SigEp sweetheart badge, and he told me it won't be any more blinged out than his!