GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,596
1 members and 1,595 guests
FSUZeta

Old 11-05-2001, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyKitty Send a message via Yahoo to PrettyKitty
Quote:
Originally posted by Steeltrap

I'm pretty sure.

But there have been some dustups in recent days.
If you say so...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-06-2001, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

Hello and greek love to the ladies of Zeta Phi Beta,

I generally post in Sigma Gamma Rho but once or twice I have posted on AKA's and Delta's boards. I do read a lot of the posts from other boards. If I can relate to it I'll post but if not, I move on. I have also visited the chat area but the native greek speakers are at the least "rude" to non-greek speakers.

Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
"The more you interact across the street and around the corner, the more likely your neighbors will come down the street for a ZETA GC cookout -- metaphorically speaking.

Leave the lights on for us and we will be by."

My light is always on sis..
NinjaP.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree

Quote:
Originally posted by Special1920
Soror you are so right. At first I thought it was my imagination, then I started really watching. But it's all good, I continue to post all over the place, even though I get ignored in some forums.
I agree with both sorors PrettyKitty and Special1920. I have noticed that some posts get ignored on some boards, but I will continue to post anywhere, as long as I have something valuable to say.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PrettyKitty
Since I have been spending a lil more time on GC, I am starting to see what people are talking about in regards to people who only post in certain forums....hmmm

I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE.
Old 11-07-2001, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I used to post...

wherever I found topics of interest, but I recently found a post that so reeked of immaturity and stupidity, I will have to decline from posting in at least one BGLO forum.

Post wherever you feel comfortable, but sometimes enough is enough for me, even from the Bougie And Pretentious...

It is really sad that some people fail to see that we are all sisters and brothers helping our communities first. Three letters and two colors will never make me. I will always make them with the best I can be.

TRSimon (hey, that rhymes...)
Old 11-07-2001, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyKitty Send a message via Yahoo to PrettyKitty
Thumbs up Re: I used to post...

Quote:
Originally posted by TRSimon
wherever I found topics of interest, but I recently found a post that so reeked of immaturity and stupidity, I will have to decline from posting in at least one BGLO forum.

Post wherever you feel comfortable, but sometimes enough is enough for me, even from the Bougie And Pretentious...

It is really sad that some people fail to see that we are all sisters and brothers helping our communities first. Three letters and two colors will never make me. I will always make them with the best I can be.

TRSimon (hey, that rhymes...)
I know that's right Sister Soror!
Old 11-07-2001, 03:11 PM

Re: I used to post...

Quote:
Originally posted by TRSimon

and AMEN to that!

Greek Love
Old 11-07-2001, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Yes I do...

I do try to post in other forums so that I'm not biased or anything. I view topics that interest me and I try to post responses where I feel that my ray of sunshine will benefit. Other than that, I'm not able to spend that much time in GC world because I have to go to class and study, but I try to visit as often as possible. I have this same attitude when I try to see my niece, who doesn't live with me. She's a real cutie.
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 11-08-2001, 12:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Her Dopenezzz
It would be nice to have an integrated GC community but I think I am going to have to keep it gully and say, "Oh well". I'm sure we'll all get over it.
Old 11-23-2001, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I always start in the AKA forum because that is home for me, however, I check out each BGLO forum before I leave, and post in any forum that has a topic that interests me.
Old 11-23-2001, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Do you post in other forums?

Quote:
Originally posted by Special1920
Do you post in other forums or read other forums on GC?

Personally, I read other forums other then ZPB, as well as post on some if the topic interests me. I don't see a problem with it, and don't feel like it's a slap in the face to my own beloved sorority. I have noticed that I don't see many other people other then my Sorors posting in this forum, and from the looks of things don't look like many others are visiting. Is it an explanation for that? I also noticed when I start a post on certain forums I get no replies, or very few, or my post gets deleted or told to do a search. What's really going on? This should be all love............
I am non=greek but I totally agree with your post. I've been there and done that. I've found myself reading more than responding lately. Discretion plays a big part, even in the non-greek world. I say this to say, we must watch what we say even more being non=-greeks or we will get CHEWED UP. I have seen it happen.
Old 11-23-2001, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually, I have posted and been ignored in all but one of the four forums at one time or another(the fourth I have never started a post there). After a few days I just end up deleting my own post. I don't post often, because when I do post I don't really feel as though I am part of the conversation most of the time. So I post only when something really moves me and I don't really expect a response. But, I do enjoy coming and reading.
Old 11-23-2001, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to novella000
???

Hi Little32,

I was wondering why you delete your posts?
Even if no one necessarily responds to it, that doesn't change your opinion, does it? I just found it kind of interesting... that you would rather delete your posts than to leave them out there. Are you asking questions that get no response? What makes you feel as though the posts are ignored?
I say that b/c what you said reminds me of this lady @ work, who will walk up while people are talking in the breakroom... but rarely says anything. Sometimes, she makes comments and when we start talking to her, she apologizes... Sometimes, what she is talking about is really late -- so we'll all kinda nod or whatever... But she's always apologizing for what she said.... Not that what you said is the same thing. It just made me think of it. It's like, what's wrong with what you said?? Why would you delete your posts?

On the other hand...
I have posted comments, and have deleted some of mine... But it's usually b/c I re-read what I posted and find that there was something I didn't like about my verbiage. Or perhaps the topic gets off the chain, and I would rather disassociate myself/my comments (sorta like walking away from the brawl). I agree with the person(s) who've posted and said that there is some hypersensitivity... So I usually, well, sometimes I re-read my posts, and if they sound antagonizing or sardonic, and I wasn't trying to be -- I have deleted them.
However, if I am piquing, then I usually offer an apology to the individual... Via PC, IM, or post... depends on who/how I offended.
I have to be careful, b/c I dooooo have a very sarcastic wit... And while it may be funny in person, on the web it's different. Sometimes, things/people get BENT. But those are the only times I'll really delete my posts. If no one really responds to a post or topic I bring up in a general manner, then I suppose that it wasn't of interest.

Last edited by novella000; 11-23-2001 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-24-2001, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to shannieglass
I have

..in the past posted in other forums..i do read them all..or at leasat browse through
Old 11-24-2001, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
I post in some of the forums. If I see a topic that's interesting and I'm in the mood to respond(cause sometimes I'd rather just look then resond),I'll do so. And there are some topics, like a particular one in the Greeklife forum, I won't even look at cause I know that the conversation has gotten a little out of hand for the kid