GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Community Service / Philanthropy

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,492
0 members and 1,492 guests
No Members online

Old 05-18-2004, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

My chapter never did powder puff because it would have been faaaaar too violent between the sororities.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-18-2004, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

The Ladies of Gamma Phi Beta hold a powder puff tournement during the fall semester at SSU. When i was there it was soooooo fun. Each sorority got either a fraternity or a sport team to coach them. It got a little intense but it always turned out to be such a good time. Its a time when you can really see every sorority come together as a team, and play football. Its really comical too.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BabyP
personally, i think "powder puff" is demeaning and more of an american thing. I think something multicultural is best. recently our university had multi--cultural awareness and show....alot of greeks showed up and particpated and it was a BLAST........ that is more helpful and more meaningful than throwing some ball around...... no offense for those who are sport fans.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to piphimaggie
We did do powderpuff last Fall for Parent's weekend....and unlike the year before when we had mixed teams, we did chapter vs. chapter....
let's just say that I'm not sure we're going to do that ever again considering that ladies on both teams had minor concussions and a host of other injuries....it was only supposed to be FLAG FOOTBALL...but they were tackling like they were members of a professional f-ball team...
ay yai yai...
Old 09-20-2004, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Hometown: Vallejo, Moving to Sacramento in the fall
Send a message via AIM to PiLove Send a message via Yahoo to PiLove
Sigma Pi does "Sorority Superbowl" every year around the end of football season. The competition is pretty vicious. I heard some certain sorority got so rough they ended up with permanent knee injuries. But the money goes to a good cause and generally everyone has fun.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
Quote:
Originally posted by PiLove
Sigma Pi does "Sorority Superbowl" every year around the end of football season. The competition is pretty vicious. I heard some certain sorority got so rough they ended up with permanent knee injuries. But the money goes to a good cause and generally everyone has fun.
It does...

When you are scheduling something like football, make sure that two weeks later isn't Greek Week.