GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,172
0 members and 2,172 guests
No Members online

Old 08-05-2004, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking our outfits!

Hey guys!

I just wanted to tell you about our outfits for second rounds cuz they are ADORABLE and I'm sooo excited

We are wearing pink and blue skirts that are like the sweatshirt material that look cut off....and they have our letters in rinestones on the bottom right, so cute! We are wearing them with plain white polo shirts and our DG flip flops.

Just thought I'd share that cuz I'm exciiited!

Olivia
Old 08-05-2004, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

We are wearing DG flip flops too!
Old 08-05-2004, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ncsudgalum04
i just had a question. this is eta kappa's second year of formal recruitment ever (my chapter but i'm an alum) so we are tweaking the whole attire thing. i'm still on the list serve for the chapter so i got the email about what to wear each night of recruitment. i was absolutely shocked. they were so strict. i was wondering if all chapters are like that or if i'm just not used to it. they were saying things like, "don't wear hose, so you need to have a good tan or spray tan," and "your nails should be done the night before recruitment begins," or "your hair should be up and curled." i'm so glad i'm not doing it this year because first of all, i'm fair skinned (and too cheap to get a spray tan), i bite my nails, and my hair is short (very short) and stick straight. it's like they aren't taking everything into consideration and want everyone to be a carbon copy of each other. it really upset me because our chapter is full of diverse girls and that's what i love that about us. but with this attire, it seems like they are pretty much saying that this carbon copy is exactly what we want and if you don't fit into it, then you can't be a delta gamma. if you can't tell, i'm totally NOT a fan of formal recruitment. i don't understand why people get so excited about it because i think it's the most unreal thing anyone could possibly go through and it's so stressful for the sisters. plus, ours is around the time of everyone's first exams and that just adds to the stress. and, i learned somewhere (i can't remember) that the majority of members are "liars" which are those girls that say they'll never be a sorority girl and don't go through formal, but through COB. can ya'll explain it for me?
Old 08-05-2004, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

well, I dont really understand what you are talking about with the whole "liars" thing.....but no our chapter is definitly not picky like that. We are told what to wear and that's it. But as a whole, girls in the chapter take care of themselves and realized how important it is to put their best foot forward during formal, so its never been a problem. However, I bite my nails too....and i don't plan on getting acrylics just for rush. Maybe as an alum, you could just send an email to the recruitment chairs and let them know that a simple " look your very best!" would do, and not all that detail. Just a thought
Old 08-05-2004, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

It's okay!

In response to the original topic, cute outifts!

In response to ncsudgalum's post:

I just think your chapter wants to look their best for formal recruitment. To me, looks more "orderly" when everyone is dressed the same. It's definitely something PNMs notice, because I know I did when I went through formal. (But then again, I'm a very detail-oriented person.)

Think of it like a cheerleading/dance competition...you all have to wear your hair up/down, same make up, same outfit etc...It's only for 5 to 6 days at most out of the whole year. I don't think it will hurt to dress alike for a week. You have the rest of the year to dress how you want. That's how I look at it.

Yes,your chapter may be diverse, but when everything matches, it looks SHARP. I wouldn't let it bother you that much, because I KNOW there are other chapters out there (not just DG) that are more strict than that!
Old 08-05-2004, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

We have to have our nails done before rush too.

This is our second year of formal recruitment.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ncsudgalum04
thanks ladies, i really appreciate your input. i just wanna let you know that i think everybody looks wonderful when they dress alike as well, but it's the details that make you your own individual self. i understand that we shouldn't paint our fingernails blue and we shouldn't tease our hair, but just leave a little room to express your individuality. that's what i always look for in a PNM. i think that's what makes the person unique and interesting. thanks again ladies!

and yes, those outfits do sound very cute!