GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,543
2 members and 2,541 guests
JayhawkAOII, Titchou

Old 10-31-2005, 03:23 AM
GreekChat Member

"gym" sorority???

I want to found an athletic based/fitness/"gym" sorority. There are gym frats, but no gym sororities that I am aware of. Can anyone tell me if there are? Or give me any information at all as to how I go about starting this business, getting info around, etc?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-31-2005, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm interested in knowing more about these gym fraternities. Can you tell me the names and where they are located?

PsychTau
Old 11-07-2005, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Phi Epsilon Kappa is one, but I haven't found a website yet. It's national.

Another one that seems to be (have been) local was Delta Theta Epsilon at UIUC.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Senusret I
Phi Epsilon Kappa is one, but I haven't found a website yet. It's national.

Another one that seems to be (have been) local was Delta Theta Epsilon at UIUC.
Phi Epsilon Kappa website
Old 11-09-2005, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Found this on the internet.....

OMICRON THETA CHI SORORITY
Pre-professional honor sorority consisting of approximately thirty active sisters who are preparing for a career as a health professional by majoring in vaious science-related fields. A grade point average of 2.5 is required to actively participate within the sorority and sicne many of the sisters take the same classes, there is always someone willing to help study for a test or give advice on which teachers are best. Omicron Theta Chi prides itself on the competitive academic achievements of its sisters and shares their many talents with the surrounding community through service activities and educational forums. The sisters of Omicron Theta Chi are serious about education and future success. Each sister has a genuine personal interest in the well being of her fellow sisters: academically socially, and emotionally. In addition to strengthening personal connections within the sorority, exchanges with other Greek organizations such as socials and our annual dance party allow the sisters to have some fun while getting to meet other people around campus. Omicron Theta Chi welcome all women studying for a career in the health field who want to get involved, have fun, and make lifelong friendships with some beautiful, talented, and amazing women.

CONTACT
Lenore , President
leenoree@aol.com
www.omicronthetachi.org

There are several "teacher" sororities of Health education is your major. just google sorority for teachers and they will come up. But this was the only health one I saw. Did not see any for athletes.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

OOOHHHHHHHHH......when you said "gym" sorority I was thinking about a sorority for girls who work out together...not a professional based group.

Obviously, I've never heard of them...and just goes to show you there's a group for just about everyone under the sun!!

PsychTau
Old 11-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

I wasn't aware that there was a "gym" sorority, either. I have heard of sororities that have a high amount of phys ed majors, or one team or another (my own chapter's photo in the 1942 says that they all are members of the Athletic Association).

Interesting!
Old 11-09-2005, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PsychTau2
OOOHHHHHHHHH......when you said "gym" sorority I was thinking about a sorority for girls who work out together...not a professional based group.

Obviously, I've never heard of them...and just goes to show you there's a group for just about everyone under the sun!!

PsychTau

I thought the same thing. I thought the original poster was looking to form a group of girls that she could go to the gym with.

PSimissU