GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,619
0 members and 1,619 guests
No Members online

Old 08-17-2000, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by prospectiverushee:
Hey juniorgirl,

I go to LSU to and I rushed last year. The same thing happened to me too. I only got one invitation back and then I was cut after the 2nd round. Feel free to email me any time and we can exchange notes

I really am sorry that you got cut. I'm sure you would have made a fine addition to any of the chapters here on campus. But it's their lost.
If you don't mind saying, which house invited you back for the second round?

Old 08-17-2000, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Quote:
Originally posted by juniorgrrl:
If you don't mind saying, which house invited you back for the second round?

I got invited back by Tri-Delta

Old 08-17-2000, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Last year, I was invited back to Chi Omega and Kappa Alpha Theta for rounds 2-3, and just Theta for Pref.

This year KAT invited me back to round 2, and cut me after that.
Old 08-17-2000, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Quote:
Last year, I was invited back to Chi Omega and Kappa Alpha Theta for rounds 2-3, and just Theta for Pref.

This year KAT invited me back to round 2, and cut me after that.
If Theta invited you back for Pref last year,why didn't you accept a bid from them. If you don't mind me asking. What didn't you like about them. Now that rush is over, what are you going to do now? Are you going to rush again next year or are you going to try something else. Hope you don't mind me asking you all of these questions.

Old 08-17-2000, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mwedzi:
juniorgrrl, if you feel that the npc sororities are rushing on superficial characteristics, have you thought of rushing other sororities? Perhaps one that is related to your discipline where other qualities would be more important?
Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you. mwedzi raises a good question-does your campus have professional sororities that would interest you? Also, a lot of social sororities have alumnae initiate programs.
Old 08-18-2000, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

Hey juniorgirl,

I go to LSU to and I rushed last year. The same thing happened to me too. I only got one invitation back and then I was cut after the 2nd round. Feel free to email me any time and we can exchange notes

I really am sorry that you got cut. I'm sure you would have made a fine addition to any of the chapters here on campus. But it's their lost.
Old 08-18-2000, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by prospectiverushee:
If Theta invited you back for Pref last year,why didn't you accept a bid from them.

I can't say for sure, since it's not my situation, but perhaps she did not get a bid from theta. Just because you pref somewhere does not guarantee you a bid, especially if you pref at only one house. I preffed three houses and got my third choice, meaning I was not high enough on the bid list at my top two choices to receive a bid .

[This message has been edited by Indy2000 (edited August 18, 2000).]
Old 08-18-2000, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Its not that I didn't like KAT. By the end of the week, I was so stressed out by the whole process, I just couldn't see myself pulling myself together for one more party. I basically freaked out and withdrew.

Yes, I would have had a bid from them, because if we only have one house to pref, we are guaranteed a bid.

I'm not going to rush again, because there literally is no point. Because of the stupid "cut once, always cut" rule, I am 100% ineligible to join any of the NPC groups on this campus. I understand that the chapters want to honor the original decision of the chapter, but I don't agree with the policy. I find it to be very snobbish in the sense that it says "well, something you did wasn't right at one point in time, so don't ever think you could be one of us." Keep in mind 8 of the houses last year cut me after Round I. It kinda sucks to know that roughly 800 girls made final judgements you, after 30 minutes of idle chat. I had high grades, I had recommendations, so the reason they cut me is still a mystery. I did all the "right" things.

I have explored the professional groups on campus, but none of them appealed to me the way the NPC groups did. There is something very special about the history of the groups here, and most other organizations don't really compare to it.

[This message has been edited by juniorgrrl (edited August 18, 2000).]
Hey juniorgirl,

Email me as soon as you can. I think I may be able to help you out.

Old 08-19-2000, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Its not that I didn't like KAT. By the end of the week, I was so stressed out by the whole process, I just couldn't see myself pulling myself together for one more party. I basically freaked out and withdrew.

Yes, I would have had a bid from them, because if we only have one house to pref, we are guaranteed a bid.

I'm not going to rush again, because there literally is no point. Because of the stupid "cut once, always cut" rule, I am 100% ineligible to join any of the NPC groups on this campus. I understand that the chapters want to honor the original decision of the chapter, but I don't agree with the policy. I find it to be very snobbish in the sense that it says "well, something you did wasn't right at one point in time, so don't ever think you could be one of us." Keep in mind 8 of the houses last year cut me after Round I. It kinda sucks to know that roughly 800 girls made final judgements you, after 30 minutes of idle chat. I had high grades, I had recommendations, so the reason they cut me is still a mystery. I did all the "right" things.

I have explored the professional groups on campus, but none of them appealed to me the way the NPC groups did. There is something very special about the history of the groups here, and most other organizations don't really compare to it.

[This message has been edited by juniorgrrl (edited August 18, 2000).]
Old 08-19-2000, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I just want to thank everyone for their advice and support throughout a tough week. Not getting a bid didn't break my heart, nor did it make me question my self-worth, but when I drove by Sorority Row today and saw all the girls in their jerseys, enjoying Bid Day, I did feel some pangs of disappointment and hurt. Its very hard not to wonder "what do they have that I don't?"

Either way, I truly apreciate all the support from everyone here. Thanks!