GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,563
0 members and 2,563 guests
No Members online

Old 11-18-2013, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Joined a sorority other than your legacy? NPC wants to hear from you

From Facebook this morning:

Quote:
Are you interested in sharing your Panhellenic story? NPC is currently seeking Panhellenic legacy stories - you joined a different organization than others in your family - from across the country. Please send your 250 word legacy story and photograph of your family legacy to npcintern@npcwomen.org.
link

There are scores around here for which this would apply. I think that it is great for NPC to do this type of PR work, but I won't hold my breath that the message reaches all the special snowflakes and special mommies that it is meant for. Perhaps it can be an educational and insightful tool for some, however.

Our APH has intentionally included these types of stories when we do our info session for the high school seniors each spring. Looking around the room, especially at the moms, is um, interesting. It is crystal clear that the majority in the room have already chartered their daughter's course. Or, at least *think* that they have. This is so far from the message that they want to hear. However, several have come back in the fall, after SEC and Texas recruitment, and thanked us for the heads up.

Last edited by ComradesTrue; 11-18-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I am *so* responding to that call.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenidallas View Post
I am *so* responding to that call.
Me, too. My daughter was just elected VP-Housing for her Pi Beta Phi chapter, and I'm HCB president of one of our chapters. We think that would be a fun story.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
Definitely responding to that call!

I was dropped from the one legacy chapter I had on campus, but that was the best thing that could've happened to me (knowing the new member class they had that year it was the WRONG fit). My mother handled the situation with grace and class and on the day I accepted my bid was pleased to get a delivery from a local florist of a dozen Delta Gamma cream colored roses!

Ironically, my sister's sorority was not on campus while I was there but colonized just after I left. I always wonder what it would've been like to be a legacy to 2 houses on campus instead of just one.

While it's a little sad not to be a part of something I can share with my Mom and Sister, my niece (my brother's daughter) joined Delta Gamma at her school and I was happy to share that with her!