GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,258
1 members and 1,257 guests
No Members online

Old 06-25-2005, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

A thank you and some advice for fall PNMs

Hello fellow gc'ers,

I went through recruitment last fall at the University of Texas. I got some of my recs from girls on gc, and I wanted to extend a thank you to everyone on gc who wrote me a rec and to everyone who offered advice my way. You all were very helpful and eased my nerves so much!

For those of you who didn't know, I ended up pledging (and being initiated!) into Alpha Phi. There was actually another girl on gc who also went A-Phi here (what are the odds?!). I know who she is, she has asked me to remain anonymous, though.

I want to wish the fall PNMs of 2005 the best of luck this year. If you are going through recruitment at a big southern school and have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me! I went through without any legacies, so all of the advice I got was from my friends, family friends, the greek office, and the wonderful ladies of gc. If it weren't for these people, let's just say I would have been quite overwhelmed during recruitment! Always keep in mind that although recruitment week can be somewhat scary and intense, the end reward is an incredible 4 years of friendships and memories that will last you a lifetime.

If you are thinking about going through recruitment, I would recommend it. I have met my best friends through my sorority and really been able to thrive during college. It has been such an incredible experience for me, and I always encourage girls to give sorority life a chance. It's amazing.

So, thank you to the women of greekchat, and best wishes to this year's PNMs.