GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,460
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, anthonshtolze75
» Online Users: 2,383
2 members and 2,381 guests
aamanthalittle3, Low D Flat

Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Love your story, OOM!! Thanks for sharing!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-29-2013, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndl View Post
What a great story! Yay for ZTA. I've gotta ask since I pledged Zeta in 1990 also; what was the skit, because I remember a couple that we did that were just bad
Ha! ha! ha! the skit was like a disney / pinocchio theme where "jiminy cricket active" sang "when you wish upon ZTA" to the little rushee who lied about not liking the chapter.... please tell me you guys NEVER did that one... no PNM should have been exposed to that skit....

Last edited by OldOleMiss; 08-29-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I have had serval request to "release the code"... Because Ole Miss is so competitive, has changed very little in 20+ years and IMHO is rife with waaaaaayyy too much tent talk and preconceived notions I do not want to add to any of that and / or color any PNM's mind...therefore I do not feel comfortable in revealing the code on the public page. If you absolutely can not live without it PM me....
Old 08-29-2013, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOleMiss View Post
Okay a couple of comments on your comments before I give you the last installment- Elvis Lover- YES! I have kept a journal since High School- it has been a fun (and sometimes painful) ride down memory lane pulling them out to "re-live rush"-- a lot of details have come from that- like how sweet the girls at Marshalls and JC Penny's were, but oddly enough I remember VIVIDLY most of my rush- especially things like Nordstroms leaving me on the sidewalk.

NOW in regards to Nordstroms and the sidewalk- MaryPoppins is 100% Correct- this was 1990-- and if I recall correctly we were the first Recruitment to use that "new fangled" thing called SCANTRON! ha ha ha.... I and Nordstroms was not the only mix-up that occurred that year! I also realized the next year when I participated on the "other side" that the girl at Nordstroms was probably just as flustered and embarrassed as I was, she just didn't recover quick enough to handle it right. If you think about it I messed their entire party up-- she couldn't bump who she was suppose to bump, no one was there to bump me, etc.. etc.. etc.. so while I was humiliated at the time... I quickly got over it. :-)

Clemsongirl- first and foremost YAY!!! on your recruitment! I have been following your story and am THRILLED for you and ADPi- that is one lucky house!!! ALL of my cousins went to Clemson-- including the 2 GLO mentioned here for doing my recs. They LOVED every min. of it!!! (and one was an Aquarius ;-) ). Secondly ha! ha! ha! Canadian- yes, I suppose the poor girl really would have lost her mind with you. A guy friend of mine from college was from Virginia- he tells a similar story about going through Fraternity Recruitment... we still laugh about our "yankee heritage".... and my husband would LOVE you-- GO SOX! :-)

Okay.... that being said let me try and finish up here.....
You are very sweet.

She should have apologized, though, for the mix-up and for being flustered. If you mess up, you can let it all hang out, as long as you are kind to the person who is a guest/customer.

And yay! for Zeta. I really liked the Zeta chapter at my school, and I really the one at SLU, too.

Last edited by KDCat; 08-29-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Cane94G8r97
I pledged ZTA in 1991. Our rush skit was a Little Mermaid themed one. I guess we had a Disney thing happening back in the day.
Always a Zeta Tau Alpha \^^^/
Old 08-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Wonderful story! What I enjoyed most was that you wrote with the ideals of a freshman, but with the maturity of an adult. I'm so happy that you got "crowned"!!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Great story! As someone who "rushed" the last year it was before classes started in 1996 I can relate! I too was left at a house and then the sweet girl who picked me up was sick and she coughed the entire time! Maybe one day I will write my rush story!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

I am so glad to call you my sister. And for you young'uns, I remember the Little Mermaid Skit and saw it performed at our Ok. State chapter in the early '90s when I was an advisor there. That was a fabulous skit! I am, however, glad that my Ole Miss sisters got rid of that Pinocchio one-sounds like a stinker!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post
Great story! As someone who "rushed" the last year it was before classes started in 1996 I can relate! I too was left at a house and then the sweet girl who picked me up was sick and she coughed the entire time! Maybe one day I will write my rush story!
Yes please!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Whatever happened to Tippiechick? Wasn't this her chapter?
Old 08-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, Tippie is from the Ole Miss chapter.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellfish View Post
Whatever happened to Tippiechick? Wasn't this her chapter?
Tippie's still around...I don't think she gets on here that much though...but she's doing well!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes please on the rush story OleMissGlitter-- and too funny on the Little Mermaid skit- a friend of mine rushed The same year I did and I remember her talking about seeing the Little Mermaid skit at her college...
Old 08-29-2013, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you so much for sharing OOM! I loved your story!