GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,404
0 members and 2,404 guests
No Members online

Old 08-16-2010, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Three Really Fabulous UGA Stories All At Once

I wrote 10 recs for UGA this year, and as usual I got great updates from a few and little to no updates from the others.

5 sent me no updates at all (Update: One of the girls who sent me zero updates just emailed me to say she went Pi Beta Phi.)
1 was released after round two
1 pledged Delta Delta Delta (please see http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=115410 for more information)

The other 3, well, they gave me great updates and had very interesting, very different recruitments. Since I only post happy endings, you know these will all turn out fine in the end.

I hope this does not end up a very, very confusing thread to read. I actually considered making three separate threads to avoid confusion, but I just couldn't stand the thought of how much time it would take to keep up with that.

Last edited by dgdramadawg; 08-17-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-16-2010, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

well you have my attention im ready for the challenge
Old 08-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

me too!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Dude, you got me all excited and then I scrolled down the page and nothing! WAAAAAAA!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

dgdramadawg, you are like the Evelyn Wood of recruitment story writers. That is a good thing.

Any story from you is worth waiting for.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-17-2010, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
dgdramadawg, you are like the Evelyn Wood of recruitment story writers. That is a good thing.

Any story from you is worth waiting for.
You are too sweet.

I do apologize for the wait... I got caught up with my Monday night TV and such and wasn't really sure what to name the houses (I'm kind of running out of themes). Came up with a theme watching my shows, so at least that's good. Alright, out with the excuses and onto the story.

Meet the Three PNMs:
Sally - a sophomore who waited a year to go through recruitment and knew a little about each house (enough to know, as she said, that they were all good in their own ways).
Patty - a freshman who planned to only pledge if she found the "right" house.
Lucy - a freshman who was dead set on being in a sorority, though she had no clue about any of the houses going in.

To tell you anything more specific would potentially give away their identities to anyone who might know them. That is how super-involved these girls were in high school.

Meet the houses:
Nancy
Shane
Silas
Andy
Doug
Celia
Isabelle
Dean
Heylia
Conrad
Esteban
Pilar
Cesar
Lupita
Sanjay
Vaneeta
Baby Stephen

Round one tomorrow when I have time to really write... otherwise I'll just be copying their favorites down and that's really no fun.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
Meet the houses:
Nancy
Shane
Silas
Andy
Doug
Celia
Isabelle
Dean
Heylia
Conrad
Esteban
Pilar
Cesar
Lupita
Sanjay
Vaneeta
Baby Stephen
YAAAAAAAAY WEEDS!

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Round One

So we're all clear, the degrees of affection:
Love
Really Like
Lukewarm
Didn't Like

NANCY
Sally really liked this house, but didn't LOVE it.
Patty LOVED this house and said she could tell it was a contender right away.
Lucy said the girls were super sweet and she also thought it could be a contender. LOVED it.

SHANE
Sally thought the girls were really sweet, but didn't know if she would fit in.
Patty didn't really make a connection with anyone. She felt like the conversations felt forced.
Lucy liked this house, but didn't LOVE it.

SILAS
Sally LOVED this house.
Patty thought this house just exuded an air of class from moment one. She also LOVED it.
Lucy really liked this house.

ANDY
Sally did not really feel comfortable here.
Patty thought the girls were nice, enough but didn't really feel comfortable.
Lucy really liked this house, but not as much as she expected to.

DOUG
Sally really liked this house.
Patty LOVED this house and had great conversations with every girl.
Lucy liked this house.

CELIA
Sally liked this house, but she doesn't expect them to invite her back.
Patty LOVED this house a good deal more than she expected to.
Lucy LOVED this house every bit as much as she expected to.

ISABELLE
Sally was lukewarm about this house; she didn't feel like she really got to know anyone.
Patty was also lukewarm; she felt the conversations were a little forced.
Lucy LOVED this house.

DEAN
Sally liked this house, but she wasn't blown away by it or anything.
Patty LOVED this house and felt the conversations were "effortless."
Lucy said the girls were nice, but at this point she could not see herself here.

HEYLIA
Sally liked this house.
Patty said she didn't really remember much about it (good or bad) and was just kind of lukewarm about it.
Lucy liked this house.

CONRAD
Patty really liked this house.
Lucy liked this house.

ESTEBAN
Sally liked this house.
Patty was lukewarm about this house.
Lucy was lukewarm about this house.

PILAR
Sally liked this house.

CESAR
Patty did not think she would fit in with the girls she met here today, but she was willing to see if she might like other girls she met.
Lucy liked this house.

LUPITA
Sally was lukewarm about this house.
Patty really liked this house.

SANJAY
Patty really liked this house. She said the girls were super friendly.
Lucy liked this house.

VANEETA
Sally liked this house.
Lucy liked this house.

BABY STEPHEN
Sally liked this house.

Sally's favorite:
Silas
Sally's least favorite:
Shane, Andy, Isabelle, Lupita (The only one she absolutely cannot see herself in at this point is Andy. However, if she has a full schedule she will not return to these, as well as Baby Stephen.)

Patty's favorite:
Nancy, Silas, Doug, Celia, Dean
Patty's least favorite:
Shane, Andy, Isabelle, Heylia, Esteban, Pilar, Cesar, Vaneeta, Baby Stephen (The only one she absolutely cannot see herself in at this point is Andy. She said she found it very difficult to rank these houses because most of them were very similar and it was hard to decide which she would give a second chance assuming she was invited back by those that she loves, really likes, and likes. She ultimately ranked Heylia, Cesar, and Baby Stephen higher than the others in this group.)

Lucy's favorite:
Nancy, Celia, Isabelle
Lucy's least favorite:
Dean, Esteban, Pilar, Lupita, Baby Stephen (The only one she absolutely cannot see herself in at this point is Dean. However, if she has a full schedule she will not return to these five.)
Old 08-17-2010, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Round Two Invites

Sally's Invites:
Sanjay
Cesar
Lupita
Conrad
Heylia
Vaneeta
Esteban
Dean
Andy
Sally's Thoughts on Sally's Invites:
Sally was very disappointed to be cut by Silas. She was also prepared for heavy cuts as an upperclassman, but she was sad to only have 9 parties until she realized that many freshmen didn't have that many! She plans to put her best foot forward with all of the groups, though she just can't imagine pledging Andy.

Patty's Invites:
Nancy
Dean
Celia
Doug
Sanjay
Lupita
Conrad
Vaneeta
Cesar
Heylia
Baby Stephen
Isabelle
Patty's Thoughts on Patty's Invites:
Patty was very happy to have 12 invites and knew that she was lucky to have a full schedule with almost all of her top houses. She was disappointed to be cut by Silas, but she had LOVED the top four houses she still had left and was excited about the next round. In particular, she thinks she will end up deciding between the top 7 on this list.

Lucy's Invites:
Shane
Andy
Vaneeta
Esteban
Heylia
Lupita
Dean
Lucy's Thoughts about Lucy's Invites:
Lucy was very disappointed that she was cut by Nancy, Celia, and Isabelle. She was happy to be invited back by 7 chapters, though! She is going to put her best foot forward with all of the chapters (even Dean).

If you're keeping track, the only overlapping groups for all three are Vaneeta, Heylia, Lupita, and Dean.

Last edited by dgdramadawg; 08-18-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

This is where this gets kind of tricky, since not all 3 girls visited every house for each round moving forward.

SANJAY
Sally LOVED this house. It is definitely her new favorite. The girls are so sweet and welcoming.
Patty really liked this house. She again thought that the girls were super friendly.

CESAR
Sally LOVED this house. It is definitely her other new favorite. She enjoyed how down to earth the girls were.
Patty just did not feel a connection with this house. She said the girls were nice, but she didn't get to have any conversations aside from the usual chit chat.

LUPITA
Sally really liked this house. She was just blown away by how beautiful the physical building was, but she also liked the girl who took her around.
Patty really liked this house. She got to know the girls a bit better and places it about equal to Sanjay.
Lucy liked this house. She said the girls were very nice.

CONRAD
Sally really liked this house. The girls were sweet and the house was pretty!
Patty really liked this house. She would put it in the same category as Sanjay and Lupita.

HEYLIA
Sally really liked this house. She thought the girls were very sweet.
Patty liked this house, but not as much as many of the others.
Lucy liked this house. She thought the girls were really sweet.

VANEETA
Sally really liked this house. She loved the physical house and the girls in it!
Patty was lukewarm about this house. The girls were nice, but she still didn't feel a connection.
Lucy really liked this house. She felt very relaxed with those who she met this round.

ESTEBAN
Sally liked this house. The girls were very relaxed and nice.
Lucy liked this house. The girls were very sweet.

DEAN
Sally liked this house. The girls were very welcoming.
Patty LOVED this house. The conversations were very easy yet again.
Lucy had nice conversations with the girls, but still didn't feel a connection here.

ANDY
Sally still did not feel a connection here.
Lucy really liked this house, but didn't like the physical building as much as the girls in it.

NANCY
Patty, once again, LOVED Nancy. This is definitely one of her top houses.

CELIA
Patty just LOVED the easy-going, fun nature of the girls in this house.

DOUG
Patty LOVED these sweet, fun girls. She enjoyed joking around with them and seeing the house.

BABY STEPHEN
Patty did not really make a connection with anyone here, but thought they were nice.

ISABELLE
Patty thought their house was very pretty, but just didn't feel comfortable here.

SHANE
Lucy thought these girls were really sweet. She really likes this house and could see it being a contender.

The only houses that did not invite back any of the three girls were Silas and Pilar.

For the next round, the girls needed to list their top 6 and then rank the remaining houses.

Sally's Favorite 6:
Sanjay, Cesar, Lupita, Conrad, Heylia, Vaneeta

Patty's Favorite 6:
Nancy, Celia, Doug, Dean, Sanjay, Conrad (Though she had a hard time deciding whether to put Lupita in the top 6 instead of Sanjay or Conrad.)

Lucy's Favorite 6:
Shane, Andy, Vaneeta, Esteban, Heylia, Lupita

Last edited by dgdramadawg; 08-18-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Whew..... that was a mouthful... I look forward to the next segment!

GPhiB
Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Round Three Invites

Sally's Invites:
Lupita
Heylia
Vaneeta
Esteban
Dean
Andy
Sally was happy to have three of her top 6, but unfortunately she was cut by her two new favorites, Sanjay and Cesar. This round she will be shopping for new favorites! Again she expressed that she could see herself pledging anywhere but Andy, and she wondered why Andy kept inviting her back when she didn't really fit in the chapter.

Patty's Invites:
Nancy
Celia
Dean
Doug
Conrad
Lupita
Patty was sad to be cut by Sanjay, but since she had been trying to decide about whether to put Lupita in the top 6 instead of Sanjay, she was totally happy that she got invited back there in Sanjay's place. She really likes or loves all of these houses, so she hopes to get some clarity about which three are the definitive top 3 this round.

Lucy's Invites:
Vaneeta
Andy
Lupita
Dean
Lucy's Thoughts on Lucy's Invites:
Lucy was happy to have three of her top 6 chapters, but she was so sad to be cut by Shane. She really can't see herself pledging Dean, but she is still open to it. She really hopes she will be able to decide between Vaneeta and Andy at this point.

Last edited by dgdramadawg; 08-18-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Round Three

LUPITA
Sally did not like this house as much during this round as round two. She didn't really connect with the girls or the skit today.
Patty didn't really "get" the skit at this house. She still really likes the girls, but not as much as at her top houses.
Lucy liked this house more than the previous round, and she would be fine pledging here, but it is not her favorite.

HEYLIA
Sally really liked these girls today! They are one of her new favorites!

VANEETA
Sally really liked these girls today! They are her other new favorite!
Lucy really LOVES these girls. She can definitely see herself here the more she visits.

ESTEBAN
Sally felt really comfortable here. She really liked this house, but not as much as Heylia and Vaneeta.

DEAN
Sally really liked Dean today and felt more comfortable than before. She would not rank it up with Heylia and Vaneeta, but she liked it more than before.
Patty LOVED this house again. She thought the skit was clever and funny and once again she felt at ease in conversation.
Lucy enjoyed the skit and had a good time meeting the girls, but she just can't see herself here.

ANDY
Sally thought the skit was okay, but she just can't see herself here.
Lucy really liked the skit and could see herself here, but she doesn't know if she LOVES it as much as she loves Vaneeta.

NANCY
Patty thought this house definitely had the funniest skit. She was entertained from beginning to end and LOVED the girls as much as before.

CELIA
Patty thought their skit was cute and LOVED the girls just as much as before.

DOUG
Patty thinks these girls are really sweet and cute, and their skit was really fun. She LOVED them yet again.

CONRAD
Patty didn't really like their skit, but they were still nice girls and she still likes them.

Sally's Rankings:
Heylia, Vaneeta, Esteban, Lupita, Dean, Andy (Sally definitely would divide this into her top 2, her middle 3, and her bottom 1.)

Patty's Rankings:
Nancy, Doug, Celia, Dean, Conrad, Lupita (Patty had a hard time figuring out the order for Celia/Dean in the middle, but she settled on Celia as the last of her top 3 and Dean as the first of her bottom 3 based on all of her overall experiences. She wishes she could go to 4 prefs so she could attend all of her top 4!)

Lucy's Rankings:
Vaneeta, Andy, Lupita, Dean (Lucy definitely has a top 2, a middle 1, and a bottom 1.)

Last edited by dgdramadawg; 08-18-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

All of your threads are fabulous, but this one is taking the cake for perspective. One thing we usually miss when we have multiple rush threads is how the codes match up- for obvious reasons. It is so great to see the three different viewpoints to essentially the same parties.

Plus, a Weeds theme is pretty darn awesome.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Preference Invites

Sally's Invites:
Esteban
Lupita
Dean
"Why do I always get cut by my new favorite house?!?" Seriously, she was a little frustrated that her top houses had once again cut her, but she was happy to say that she would be proud to join any of the three houses. Esteban was a little ahead going into prefs, but she said she could see either Lupita or Dean potentially pulling ahead.

Patty's Invites:
Nancy
Doug
Celia
Patty was ecstatic! She was invited back to her top three, all of which had been favorites since day one! She was excited to attend prefs, though she sort of knew it would be hard for Doug or Celia to get her to put them over Nancy.

Lucy's Invites:
Vaneeta
Andy
Lupita
Lucy's Thoughts on Lucy's Invites:
Lucy was happy to still have both Vaneeta and Andy. While she liked Lupita and wouldn't mind pledging there, she really thinks it's a two-house race for her at this point.