GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,382
0 members and 1,382 guests
No Members online

Old 01-01-2004, 01:19 PM

Well, we aren't allowed to have pictures taken with our pink lycra catsuits on. And it's a real shame because we are very conscientious about our fat-circling and as a result everyone looks fabulous in them!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-01-2004, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Quote:
Originally posted by ISUKappa
I don't know if we were first, but it's definitely SNF John, though, in a pinch, a Welcome Back Kotter John is permissable. Oh wait, I mean, umm. . . noooo, we definitely don't use a light-up dance floor for our super secret disco dancing ritual.
Oh, we were definitely the first. We've been using the John Travolta blowup dolls since we were founded, I beleive. (See, everyone else thinks their founders are amazing- ours were designing a ritual using blowup dolls of a man who wouldn't be born for another 80 years!)
Old 01-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

i am laughing so hard!

this thread is too funny....i am imagining russell in his get-up, the dg's in their pink tutus, the brite green catsuits of dz and those lovely blue on blue platforms of the kappas--but come on kappas, leave the tiaras to us ztas(the crown is one of our symbols)... we'll promise not to steal your platform idea!!

truthfully, our ritual equipment comes from our headquarters-each member is responsible for a white dress at the time of pledging/joining, and can be used throughout the collegiate and into the alumna world, providing that one is not sick of it by then!!
editops!! excuse me!! brite pink catsuits of dz

edit 2: photos are not taken in the chapter room. robes for the officers, which are purchased from hq, are not worn outside the chapter room. however the turquiose and grey fuzzy slippers from hq ARE allowed outside the chapter room, as well as the wonder bras and the fish net stockings.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 01-01-2004 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-01-2004, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteDaisy128
LAURA!!! I can't believe you told!! Gosh!!! Hehe, all of our stuff comes from EO...even the bronze garters (boy those are heavy!!).
BUT, I didn't tell them about the blue feather boas, so HA!!
Old 01-01-2004, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

LMAO at this thread.

We order everything from our IHQ, but there was a time in a pinch where we realized we did not have a Gammie Bug outfit large enough to fit one of our alumnae initiates, so we made a Gammie Bug outfit for her out of some cardboard and paint we picked up at the local megastore. I don't think they would have minded.

Incidentally, there is an organization that sells a bunch of pink lycra catsuits and bronze anchors, etc, located just a few blocks from my apartment, and my sorority sister and I are DYING to break in and see everything because we're nosy.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Re: Re: The Men's Perspective

Quote:
Originally posted by exlurker
If you can say -- are cummerbunds permitted even though they are a later addition, and if so are they also lime green?
Vest, no cumberbund. Jacket has coat tails. We're very traditional, or we wouldn't wear lime-green.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose
Well, we aren't allowed to have pictures taken with our pink lycra catsuits on. And it's a real shame because we are very conscientious about our fat-circling and as a result everyone looks fabulous in them!
I thought you use "Prince Ali" song from the movie Aladdin in your ritual!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteDaisy128
LAURA!!! I can't believe you told!! Gosh!!! Hehe, all of our stuff comes from EO...even the bronze garters (boy those are heavy!!).
You think bronze garters are heavy?! Try wearing golden haloes for 16 hours straight!!

I personally feel that this is the root of "Not tonight, sweetie, I have a headache!"

And texas*princess, don't breathe a word about the feathers!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Glitter650
and I thought Phi Sig was "first NPC to use a hollywood star in our ritual " but we use grease John... not Saturday night fever john...
i almost fell out of my chair laughing! i wonder if this is on ariesrising's site???

we don't wear catsuits. you would think we would since the lion is our mascot, but with our southern roots, we much prefer hoop skirts with lots of petticoats (think mary had a little lamb). we do have a pattern for those, but they are sure hard to sew! i think our staff and sheep must be ordered from hq, tho. it would be tough to find a pink sheep in the middle of winter!
Old 01-01-2004, 04:56 PM

We have to purchase our goats from Nationals. They breed them especially for ZTAs.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Y'all crack me up!! I can't wait to see what get-up my lovely Griffindors wear (when the big day comes, that is!)
Old 01-01-2004, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Well I wasn't going to say anything but since Phi Sig is all about the egyptian symbols we wear complete nemes head piece and our president wears the traditional pharoh beard for initiation... all of which are ordered through Central office... see there's this big part where we sort of re in act the whole cleopatra romance thing and that's where we bring in our JOhn blow up doll... DARN I"VE SAID TOO MUCH !!! I hope my sisters forgive me.... but I just love our ritual so much I want others to know how great it is
Old 01-01-2004, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to efcheerBB
This is a hilarious thread.

I didn't know anyone else wore catsuits for their rituals. But ours are Cafe Au Lait with Old Blue accents.

All of our founders must have been thinking along the same lines when they were coming up with our rituals

GO GREEN GO WHITE
Old 01-01-2004, 06:40 PM

our catsuits can be from anywhere...but the dolphin and pansy costume has be bought from EO, along with all the water we have to truck in for posiden to make a special guest apperance.

and pictures are a BIG no no!! someone whipped out a camera to take a pictures of the newest memebers, and i thought the alumna advisor was going to have a heart attack...that and we had to kill a man who cracked the door open when we were setting up. poor katie...she no longer has a boyfriend...

damn it! know i've said too much!!! 20 lashes with a trident!!
Old 01-01-2004, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisigduchesscv
Quote:
Originally posted by Glitter650
Well I wasn't going to say anything but since Phi Sig is all about the egyptian symbols we wear complete nemes head piece and our president wears the traditional pharoh beard for initiation... all of which are ordered through Central office... see there's this big part where we sort of re in act the whole cleopatra romance thing and that's where we bring in our JOhn blow up doll... DARN I"VE SAID TOO MUCH !!! I hope my sisters forgive me.... but I just love our ritual so much I want others to know how great it is
Glitter,

We will forgive you as long as you don't mention the part of the ritual where we sing our special ritual hymn "Walk Like an Egyptian"

Carolyn

IG - CKA
Vice Archon - So. LA County Alumnae Chapter