GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 847
1 members and 846 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 08-18-2009, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

UCF recruitment 2009 (RUSH)

Okay previous years girls have wrote about their recruitment on this website. I decided to do it this year because it really DID make the difference in helping me decide whether to rush or not.

Here's the story of my rush:

First, One thing I want to clear up- I thought rush was just some unorganized thing where you met people and got hazed. NO. It is actually a well thought-out, planned for months event that all greeks go through.

At UCF, your first night you meet with your Rho Gamma. That is your group leader for the week. She walks you through what to wear each day and exactly how the days are going to play out. She will help you with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you need for the entire week. The Rho Gammas are amazing You go home that night (it takes about an hour) and get LOTS of rest for the next day where you will meet every single chapter...

Okay so I'm going to name the 10 sororities after colors to keep their identities secret and to not make anyone bias.
1. Red
2. Blue
3. Green
4. Purple
5. Yellow
6. Orange
7. Black
8. Brown
9. White
10. Gold

The first day (which was today for me) is the longest and most intense day. YOU MUST WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES! You walk around to all 10 houses and meet each sorority. Before you enter each house your rho gamma teaches you the sororities chant and shows you their hand symbol. Then the girls open the door and have a cute little dance/song for you while you walk in. Everyone's happy and excited and shouting and it just makes you feel at home it's really nice. Every girl gets paired up with a girl that's already in the sorority and you just sit around or walk around and talk about EVERYTHING! You can ask these girls whatever you want. It's a great way to get to know them. It's loud and chaotic but it's worth it.

For me this is how the sororities worked out:
1. Red- I thought that I wouldn't like this sorority because of things I had heard about it but the girls were so NICE and so FUNNY! I felt like I could potentially fit in here. (REMINDER: KEEP AN OPEN MIND! you might miss out on your perfect sorority by listening to some stupid rumors)

2. Blue- The first girl I met was kind-of weird and awkward but she passed me off to another girl and we instantly clicked and I ended up having a ton of fun!

3. Green- The girl I was paired up with was SO nervous and she kept asking me the same questions over and over again. I was pretty bored.

4. Purple- All these girls were BEAUTIFUL! Their house was amazing! They were all sweet and nice but I kind-of felt like they were being fake.

5. Yellow- These girls were genuine and fun and SO involved on campus. I could see myself being one of them.

6. Orange- I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS ONE! Me and the girl instantly clicked and she introduced me to her big sister and her roomie. All of them were awesome.

7. Black- I just had fun with this one, I was tired so we talked about shopping and stuff like that. No small talk like the other ones.

8. Brown- I had like 5 minute conversations with 4 girls. I felt like I was being passed around way to much. The house was amazing though. I couldn't focus, let alone finish a sentence.

9. White- This house was WAY to loud! I couldn't hear anything the girl was saying. I was pretty bored because I had to ask her to repeat things a million times.

10. Gold- SO AWKWARD! I couldn't find anything in common with this girl, she talked the whole time and I was just nodding along.

Anyway, at the end of the day they make you rate each sorority and cut your bottom two. I decided to cut Gold and Green. Tomorrow we find out where I will be invited back to for Philanthropy Day YayyY!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

This should be posted under Recruitment Stories, not Greek Life...