GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,220
2 members and 1,218 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 07-17-2003, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Question NCSU--tell me about rush!

I am looking to start college in the fall at North Carolina State and am considering rush. My older brother is greek in TX and down there, greek is pretty big. I am still not sure about it and just wanted to find out how competitive it is at NCState. I haven't gone looking for recs yet, because I still am not sure I wanted to do it. I saw that I don't have to sign up until Sep. 10th and I wanted to wait until school started before I signed up for rush so that I could at least see if it was still something I wanted to do. What can you tell me first hand about rush and the greek system at NCSU? (I already have poured over the school's greek webpage!)
Old 07-17-2003, 02:14 PM

Paging WhiteDaisy128..................
Old 07-17-2003, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
YAY!!! Wow! I'm so excited! There is NEVER anyone going through Rush at NCSU on here!! I'm attend NCSU, it's a great school! You'll love it!

As far as rush, it's not as competitive as most of the threads that you will hear about here on Greek Chat. But it is still a ton of fun! Have you been to orientation yet? If so, we might have talked, if not, make sure you stop by the Greek Life table at the info fair.

Alright, here at NCSU we have 6 awesome NPC chapters (Alpha Delta Pi, Chi Omega, Delta Gamma, Delta Zeta, Sigma Kappa, and Zeta Tau Alpha). You don't really need recs, if a chapter wants you bad enough they will find one for you. But, of course, they wouldn't hurt!

The Greek System at NCSU is strong and growing. We just added another sorority last year since the demand was so high. Sororities average around 111 members. Greek Week and Derby Days are the highlights of the Greek year! They are so much fun!

I encourage you to go through RUSH even if you are unsure about it. You get the opportunity to meet so many awesome women during the process. And plus, it's s ton of fun.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to talk to you about it all!
Old 07-17-2003, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm...I was going to send you a private message, but it won't let me send one to you...so I'll post this here...

You can see pictures from my chapter and from some Greek Life events in general on my webpage. There are quite a few from Greek Week:

Picture link taken down, because just as I suspected, my boyfriend got mad! Hehe, apparently a lot of GCers were checking them out and his connection got reeeeeaaalll slow. Sorry folks.

GeeGee if you want to see the pictures again for whatever reason, just PM me.

Last edited by WhiteDaisy128; 07-17-2003 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I love seeing pictures!! It just makes me more excited about starting school. Thanks for the replies--I do feel a little better knowing that rush at NCSU is not as cut-throat as some of these other schools.
Old 07-17-2003, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I read about some of these other schools and it seems soooooo overwhelming...it's not like that at all here at NCSU. I will say though, that rush week is really busy and might make you think you are getting in over your head, but I pormise it is not that bad once you are a new member of a chapter.

We are pushing rush back this year until mid-September so everyone can get back into the swing of school with out having to worry about rush ontop of it! We think it'll be a real good idea. All of the chapters are excited about rush and can't wait to meet all the PNM's.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:47 PM

geegee,

Please keep us posted on your rush experience. I am always excited when someone is going through where there is a Sigma Kappa chapter...and it doesn't seem to happen that often on this board.

Best of luck!
Old 07-18-2003, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shopgirl
geegee,

Please keep us posted on your rush experience. I am always excited when someone is going through where there is a Sigma Kappa chapter...and it doesn't seem to happen that often on this board.

Best of luck!

I second that! I know Delta Zeta has a lot of chapters, but they rarely seem to be at the schools of the people who post rush threads

Good luck, GeeGee! And have fun!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to butterfly2001nc
what ever happened??
Old 09-29-2003, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IheartAphi
Yes I want to know to

CJ just tell us about your girls to keep me happy.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to butterfly2001nc
yeah! i've never heard bout NCSU's rush! CJ- where are you???

Old 09-29-2003, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
sidenote: I spent my first two AWESOME years at State. Then I transferred to VCU to be closer to home (my mom had heart surgery, made sense at the time.) I pledged at VCU, but now, a year later, I'm thinking about transferring BACK -- and my biggest regret is not rushing at State. I love my girls in Phi Mu, but going home to a full chapter at State would've been something else. You really have nothing to loose by seeing what's out there. Go do it!