GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 822
2 members and 820 guests
LarryByday

Old 12-11-2001, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I met a Chi Omega from LSU here in New York. She seemed nice and smart and is very pretty. She represents you well.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-11-2001, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MaryMayXO
I can only say good things about Chi O at UCF!! UCF also has a very strong Greek System. We were voted #1 Greek System in Florida. The system is growing, Theta just colonized last year (I love those girls, too!!). Our chapters here, on a whole, are very strong.
Chi Omega has only been on campus since April 1998, but for the little time we've been here, we've done so much!! We placed in numerous events such as Homecoming, Dance Marathon, Greek Week, and other philanthropies. The current panhellenic president and treasurer are Chi Omegas. Most of all, and the most important to me, is that we have SUCH a close sisterhood. Where ever you go, you see Chi Os hang out in huge numbers. We're a diverse group of girls who are well respected here at UCF.

It's so nice to hear all the kind words about Chi Omegas from other schools!! We rock!
Old 12-11-2001, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

The Chi Omegas at Arizona State are an incredibly strong chapter. They are one of the highest in academics. They are an all-around good group of girls.
Old 12-11-2001, 03:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sue_XO Send a message via Yahoo to Sue_XO
Twinstars,
I'm sorry that the chapter at your school has given off a bad impression.

I hope you have gotten to know the Chi O's on G.C. and have seen us in a better light. I know the ones on this board that I have met are role models I would want my children to look up to.

Can't comment on Chi O's though for this post- I'm totally biased and love each and every one of them!!!!

Sue
Old 12-11-2001, 03:58 PM

Re: Chi Omega

Quote:
Originally posted by ErikaXO
Ok, gang, since we are doing everyone else, let's have it......how are the Chi Os?

XO doesn't have a chapter on my campus. I'm hoping Erica will come here and start one.

Last edited by madmax; 12-12-2001 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-11-2001, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Chi Omega's at Emporia State University

Some of my best friends were Chi Omega's at ESU. They just opened a brand new house and it's beautiful. We were the biggest rivals (in a very good way), and always helped one another to be the best. Great Panhellenic sisters.

Interfraternally,
Old 12-11-2001, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

The XOs that I knew at GMU were very nice and smart. I didnt hang out with them really(not as much as aoii) but they were really cool. I had a blast at a xo formal at vt once. All the xos on gc are very nice

Kevin
Beta Theta Pi
Old 12-12-2001, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Miami,
I'm part of the GMU chapter now! I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to know or hang out with any girls from our chapter. We definately have a very strong presence on campus and a good sisterhood! We're the top sorority for academics, we won intramurals last year, Derby Days several years in a row, and Greek Week! But all the chapters on campus are great girls!

Old 12-12-2001, 05:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey ChiOqt,

Thank You. Dont get me wrong I new a few xos but we didnt generally hang out with them all the time. I just wished we did hang out more but thats ok. I had one brother, jack, that dated one of your sisters and another brother mike d. that actually married one of your sisters.(they are almost 10 yrs apart). I agree, all the sororities at Mason are fine sororities. Especially XO.
Old 12-12-2001, 02:24 PM
Banned

bump
Old 12-16-2001, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Chi Omega at Indiana University....

Hottest sorority on campus!!

Id go as far as saying untouchable.

Nah, no one is that surreal. But as far as repuation goes...I'll break down and be superficial...Chi Omega probably has the best. They have the hottest girls and party pretty hard. I dont know how their grades go, but I know that they're pretty respected. All of the fraternities want to pair with them but only a select few are so lucky

XP2k
Old 12-16-2001, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

ChiOS

I haven't rushed yet.. at Cornell we have our rush in the spring.

Since I placed out of a lot of freshmen classes, I'm taking more advanced classes and have met quite afew upperclassmen in various sororities here.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but I have 2 friends in ChiO here. I feel bad for them because they are the nicest and sweetest girls, but have the smallest house on campus, and people call them rude names such as "Cow Omega", how rude! They get a lot of girls from the marching band via informal rush, and they usually appeal to girls who wouldn't think of joining a sorority.

The two girls I know still love their house so much, but they are always stressed out cause they only have 40 girls or so and most ofthe other houses have 110-130 girls.

Three out of the thirteen sororities at Cornell have really low numbers, yet Cornell does nothing to help them. They are even talking about bringing in a new sorority when three sororities never even make quota. How's that fair???
Old 12-17-2001, 12:03 AM

I know one of the alums from the ChiO chapter at Cornell and she is very nice and very talented. I don't know the other members at that chapter, but this sister is an excellent role model for any sorority.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
I agree H2oot. The member you are talking about is intelligent, talented, funny and very attractive. I am proud to have her as a sister!
Old 12-17-2001, 12:36 PM

Yes you can't win, everyone has a bad nickname. If it's a weak chapter they are called "Cow Omega" (or if your hubby wants to be a jerk he calls it that!!!) If you were a strong chapter, you are the Chi Hos.....(we got that one a lot although we were FAR from hos!!!!!!!)