GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,413
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, LarryByday
» Online Users: 583
1 members and 582 guests
gatordeltapgh

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2017, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

PNMs must list all sororities where they have attended parties for that round, except pref round, but they must attend all parties to which they have been invited.

If the PNM chooses to, she can list just one choice on her MRABA (bid card) after pref round. This is called single intentional preference, abbreviated SIP, aka suiciding. It is not recommended that PNMs do this, because they are not eligible to be a quota addition should they not match with their single choice.

The recruitment counselors are encouraged to counsel the PNMs to list all the sororities where they attended pref parties, because Panhellenic's goal is to have as many PNMs receive a bid as possible. The RCs sometimes mistakenly tell PNMs that the computer will kick out their MRABAs if they don't fill it out completely. This is not accurate.

Panhellenic's goal is accomplished by PNMs maximizing their options by listing all the sororities they attended pref parties for in rank order, but the PNM does not have to do so. Had your daughter only listed her first choice, she most likely would've not received a bid. Thank goodness she was open to her 2nd choice.