GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,290
2 members and 2,288 guests
Low D Flat

Old 08-17-2007, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax View Post
If that was the case, they shouldn't have kept inviting her back. Sounds like her hostess wasn't communicating well that day, I can't imagine any chapter saying that bald-faced.
I can understand what hollywin's talking about, though, because a chapter did something similar with me when I rushed. It's not an outright "we won't pledge you if you're not _______," it's just a very clear "we are all _______ and that is one of the things I love about this chapter." The chapter that this happened with for me then cut me right before prefs, and I didn't understand why they had bothered to keep me around when it was obvious that I didn't fit what they wanted in a new member.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessUGAmom View Post

Is there somewhere to find out the numbers of how many were invited to prefs at the houses?
Highly doubtful. Number invited to prefs often = number appearing on their bid list, which sensitive info which houses don't often go around offering up voluntarily.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Final Bid Day numbers are in for UGA:

Chapter
Pledged
Quota
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Omicron Pi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Delta Zeta
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Phi Mu
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Delta Tau
Sigma Kappa
Zeta Tau Alpha
Old 08-17-2007, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I have heard as of last night DG was up to 43!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNM2789 View Post
I wish someone would have told me this!!!! I just finished recruitment and actually quit before prefs because I only had one house who asked me to prefs. I almost wish I stayed because seeing all the girls in their bid day t-shirts makes me so sad! I always imagined I would join a sorority, but no one in my family ever has, so I am not a legacy. I met a few KD girls last year and was even told by them that i would "definitely" get in-- i had my hopes up and was cut by KD second round.

Does anyone know about UGA's spring recruitment?? Or how the sororities feel about sophmores who rush?
Hi PNM, I pledged Gamma Phi in the spring of 1999. I loved it - it was so much more relaxing and "real" than fall rush. The way it works is that not every house participates in spring rush. If the sorority does not reach quota in the fall or happens to have new members drop out, then they may participate in spring rush and accept whatever number will allow them to keep a full membership. I believe those are the only reasons the sorority would do spring rush, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I will be honest, the very traditional sororities are sometimes known to penalize sophmores because rush is so competitive and it's just one more reason they can use to further the process of elimination. However, that's not to say that if you happened to become friends with women in a particular group or groups and were interested in being recruited by those houses, those genuine connections and friendships would most certainly help you out.

I hope this helps. Feel free to holler if you have other questions.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaPhiUGA View Post
Hi PNM, I pledged Gamma Phi in the spring of 1999. I loved it - it was so much more relaxing and "real" than fall rush. The way it works is that not every house participates in spring rush. If the sorority does not reach quota in the fall or happens to have new members drop out, then they may participate in spring rush and accept whatever number will allow them to keep a full membership. I believe those are the only reasons the sorority would do spring rush, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I will be honest, the very traditional sororities are sometimes known to penalize sophmores because rush is so competitive and it's just one more reason they can use to further the process of elimination. However, that's not to say that if you happened to become friends with women in a particular group or groups and were interested in being recruited by those houses, those genuine connections and friendships would most certainly help you out.

I hope this helps. Feel free to holler if you have other questions.
Also if a chapter loses girls to mid-term graduation and is still under chapter total....
Old 08-17-2007, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

AXO

Hi, Does anyone know the number of legacies each sorority took? Is that info available anywhere? Also did anyone find a list of recruits & hometowns like Auburn Greek Life posts? Love to know about local girls.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Melon Girl,
Could there be an error on the DDD number by some chance? I spoke with an advisor this morning and she told me that Tri-Delta had 56 new members. I double checked the number with her again and she said 56. She was thrilled with the class, especially since there were several legacies who accepted bids.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

melongirl,

I thought you said quota was 52? ::
Old 08-17-2007, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Melon Girl,
Could there be an error on the DDD number by some chance? I spoke with an advisor this morning and she told me that Tri-Delta had 56 new members. I double checked the number with her again and she said 56. She was thrilled with the class, especially since there were several legacies who accepted bids.
Yes. As ugadg posted, they are now up to 43. But this is the only "official list" I got, so its a start. Feel free to update as you get your updates!!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
melongirl,

That's what I was told last night by a rush advisor!! Then I got this email forwarded from Greek Life! I'm not trying to mislead anyone... just passing along info as I get it.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
melongirl,

That's what a lot of us thought. That was the info posted in the AGD forum by a very reliable source.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNM2789 View Post
I met a few KD girls last year and was even told by them that i would "definitely" get in-- i had my hopes up and was cut by KD second round.
I am very sorry if, in fact, KD sisters told you this. This is very much against NPC rules, and I am very disappointed that they would say this to you. I hope your future Greek experience goes well for you, though!!! Please do not take this as a common experience from the KD sisterhood.

Last edited by kathykd2005; 08-17-2007 at 06:53 PM. Reason: further thoughts to add
Old 08-17-2007, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonchica View Post
I received an email with 62 new member names!
I apologize, the number is 61.

My bad.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.uga.edu/panhellenic/Libra...cement2007.htm

I apologize if this was posted before. I just saw it and thought others might have missed it. UGA posted a list!