GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,400
0 members and 1,400 guests
No Members online

Old 02-02-2005, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I refuse to accept that drama-queen/princess style/i want everything therefore i get everything is acceptable.

I love throwing parties and such but give me a break. That just makes me feel bad.

I'd like to punch a majority of those girls.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-03-2005, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PM_Mama00
I like watching the show cuz it reminds me of my cousins in NY who had parties almost like those.
Yup.... I'm from NY and definitely had friends whose parents spent more money on their Sweet 16 than mine will on my wedding (plus the cost of their own wedding. lol). If anything, I enjoy watching it because it makes me feel a lot better about how grounded I am (or hope I am at least). Plus, it brings back memories..... BUT, yeah, how about that mother who got totally smashed at her daughter's sweet 16!!???!! I can't imagine, and the father looked like he was in his mid 20s.... for the split second you saw him.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

This show is my guilty pleasure too. These kids are insanely spoiled. Ava has to be the worst so far. She is like 16 going on 6. The fake crying at the restaurant was riddiculous. It's her parents fault though.

I liked the first episode at the Hard Rock (just b/c of all the fights that broke out). What was up with the blonde girl shaving her legs in the kitchen sink? That's classy.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Dear MTV,

I don't think people's parents should spend $200,000.00 on a Sweet 16 party. For my Sweet 16, I had a slumber party and the next day we went to the skating rink. I had a good time, even though I didn't get a shopping spree in Paris.

Keepin' it real,
Karen

Dude, all these kids are spoiled beyond belief, and they just take it for granted. Yeah, $200K can buy a house, there's no need to spend that much on a party. Next week's episode feature's a guys 16th bday party...hopefully he won't be a b!tch like all the girls that have been on the show.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoffZ
This show is my guilty pleasure too. These kids are insanely spoiled. Ava has to be the worst so far. She is like 16 going on 6. The fake crying at the restaurant was riddiculous. It's her parents fault though..
Agreed. I said the exact same thing re her parents.

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTABullwinkle
I am so glad that I wasn't the only one who has this "guilty pleasure" and watched these train wrecks. Who has $200,000 to spend on a Sweet 16, let alone a wedding. Those girls were right...If this is her Sweet 16 party, what in the world will her wedding be like?!?

OTH, wouldn't you love to know what in the world these parents did for work as a living????
Yup.
You know, I loved it when Mom cut the credit card.
Ava, get your spoiled ass a job so you can at the least understand the value of money..

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 02-03-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Credit Card!?!?

Cutting the credit card would have been the least of my worries. Let me, at 15 yrs old, sneak off to Santa Anywhere after my mother had told me no. I would have been grounded until I graduated from college.

But like everyone else is saying, it is her parents fault. Making her wait a day or so to get her car was a waste of time. They knew they were going to give it to her so they should have just given the truck to her on her birthday. If they wanted to teach her a lesson, they should have cancelled everything! No party, no truck, no shopping....just a day old cake from Super Walmart!
Old 02-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Credit Card!?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dedicated2Delta
Cutting the credit card would have been the least of my worries. Let me, at 15 yrs old, sneak off to Santa Anywhere after my mother had told me no. I would have been grounded until I graduated from college.

But like everyone else is saying, it is her parents fault. Making her wait a day or so to get her car was a waste of time. They knew they were going to give it to her so they should have just given the truck to her on her birthday. If they wanted to teach her a lesson, they should have cancelled everything! No party, no truck, no shopping....just a day old cake from Super Walmart!
Hee, hee..

My thing is the complete disrespect she has for her parents. The way she speaks to them and plays them.. sad, sad, sad.

Sure, give her a cake, but present it to her on a garbage can lid..
Old 02-03-2005, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

that would have been some good mtv if they didn't give her her big party and just gave her some meesly cake. or if they even forgot it!!

i think i cried on my 16th b-day. my parents forgot and in the middle of the day when they didn't say anything, i was upset so cried. then they felt bad and gave me some money to go shopping with my friends.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

My step-mom got carjacked on my 16th birthday...all my presents were in the trunk of the car. We were so overjoyed that the men who took her (at knife-point) decided to dump her w/o hurting her, that I completely forgot the day was my birthday for about a week....and the whole incident put so many things in perspective, I didn't even care about my forgotten birthday afterwards. (We never saw the car again, and the guys were never caught).

I watched the show this week, and was truly sickened by Ava and her parents. Uch.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
I remember my sixteenth birthday...

My parents forgot, because my sister was getting married around the same time! They all thought I was jealous of her, but I was just mad because they forgot! Then I went to this school dance and a total nerd tried to dance with me...but I wanted to dance with the school hunk, Jake. Then, I saw Jake's perfect girlfriend, Carolyn. I really wanted to die after that. Then I ran into the nerd again, and he wanted to borrow my underwear! The weird Chinese guy that my grandparents brought home got a date, and he'd only been there a few hours!

Well, my parent's finally realized that it was my birthday and they felt awful. I went to my sister's wedding and wore the dumb bridesmaid dress. A bonus though: my sister took a few muscle relaxers and it made her totally woozie! Then when everyone was leaving...they'd forgotten me again...I see Jake in his red Porsche right outside the church! We went to his house, he made me a cake, and we kissed on the table! It turned out to be a great birthday after all! *sigh*

Wait...maybe that was a movie I saw...

aj
Old 02-03-2005, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I've seen this show once, the one with the 2 girls at the Hard Rock Cafe. I hated the blond, loved the brunette, she's wasn't as bitchy, heh

I plan on doing the same thing for my 22nd bday that I did for my Sweet 16.....a GIANT waterballoon/water gun fight. It was the BEST! Like seriously, my parents got those plastic pools, filled them up w/water and balloon, went nuts a the dollar store getting those el cheapo guns. Oh man, it was so fun
Old 02-03-2005, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by ajuhdg

My parents forgot, because my sister was getting married around the same time! They all thought I was jealous of her, but I was just mad because they forgot! Then I went to this school dance and a total nerd tried to dance with me...but I wanted to dance with the school hunk, Jake. Then, I saw Jake's perfect girlfriend, Carolyn. I really wanted to die after that. Then I ran into the nerd again, and he wanted to borrow my underwear! The weird Chinese guy that my grandparents brought home got a date, and he'd only been there a few hours!

Well, my parent's finally realized that it was my birthday and they felt awful. I went to my sister's wedding and wore the dumb bridesmaid dress. A bonus though: my sister took a few muscle relaxers and it made her totally woozie! Then when everyone was leaving...they'd forgotten me again...I see Jake in his red Porsche right outside the church! We went to his house, he made me a cake, and we kissed on the table! It turned out to be a great birthday after all! *sigh*

aj

so as i was reading this, i was like this sounds so familiar to a story i know. then i realized you were talking about sixteen candles. yeah i'm quick tonight.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

aj
HEY!

That sounds JUST LIKE MY 16th BIRTHDAY!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AznSAE
i saw a bunch of re-runs for this show over the weekend. what a load of crap! $100k-$200k on a freaking b-day party? if i was the parent, she would either get a car or a party, not both. i dont think i even got a cake on my 16th b-day.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

aj
Hahaha, after the first half of the first paragraph, I was like, "Hey, that's just like Sixteen Candles!" Duh....