GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,162
0 members and 1,162 guests
No Members online

Old 03-15-2009, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CuriousWildcat Send a message via MSN to CuriousWildcat
Looking back 2.5 Years!

I was just reading recruitment stories and thinking about my own, so I thought I'd post a reflection on the experience 2 and a half years later!

When I didn't get any invites to pref night, I was crushed! Mainly because I think I'm awesome (tee hee!) and didn't understand why people didn't want me as a sister. I now realize there was much more in it then them just "not wanting me". But regardless, I am so much happier since I was NOT placed in a sorority from recruitment.

When I was dropped, I spent about a month hanging out with 2 people and being kinda sad. But then I decided that was crazy and I needed to meet more people, so then I emailed everyone until I found a way to join the Wildcat Marching Band late!

From joining band, I learned about SAI(Women's Music Fraternity, for which I am president-elect for next year!), my major Arts Administration, which I never would have learned about, KKPsi (Honorary Band Fraternity, for which I am currently Treasurer), met ALL of my friends and my boyfriend through these various activities and found out about my SECOND major!

I can honestly say going through recruitment and getting dropped was the best thing to happen to me. I hope people who are on the fence about going through go for it! For most people, my scenario is basically "worst case" and it turned out to be wonderful!

J2
ΣАІ
ΚΚΨ
University of Kentucky
Old 03-15-2009, 11:56 PM

i'm glad college is going so well for you. Proof that yes, college does go on after recruitment.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousWildcat View Post
I was just reading recruitment stories and thinking about my own, so I thought I'd post a reflection on the experience 2 and a half years later!

When I didn't get any invites to pref night, I was crushed! Mainly because I think I'm awesome (tee hee!) and didn't understand why people didn't want me as a sister. I now realize there was much more in it then them just "not wanting me". But regardless, I am so much happier since I was NOT placed in a sorority from recruitment.

When I was dropped, I spent about a month hanging out with 2 people and being kinda sad. But then I decided that was crazy and I needed to meet more people, so then I emailed everyone until I found a way to join the Wildcat Marching Band late!

From joining band, I learned about SAI(Women's Music Fraternity, for which I am president-elect for next year!), my major Arts Administration, which I never would have learned about, KKPsi (Honorary Band Fraternity, for which I am currently Treasurer), met ALL of my friends and my boyfriend through these various activities and found out about my SECOND major!

I can honestly say going through recruitment and getting dropped was the best thing to happen to me. I hope people who are on the fence about going through go for it! For most people, my scenario is basically "worst case" and it turned out to be wonderful!
Excellent post! I am happy you found yourself in SAI & KKPsi! As is commonly said, everything happens for a reason!
Old 06-14-2009, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

It is cool to get an update and learn that things have gone well for you. And yes, as hard as it seems at the time it is happening, things work out the way they do for a reasons that are not apparent at the time.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.