GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,190
1 members and 2,189 guests
No Members online

Old 01-14-2013, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Help with Pref/Mixer Ideas

Hey I am the new social chair at my chapter. We were one of the top fraternities on campus but fell under sanctions due to "rowdy behavior during night time hours." In short we just got off probation for a post championship party and are hoping to climb back up the social ladder with some great events so guys if there are event ideas that worked out great for you please throw me a line let me know what they were and ladies if there was events that a fraternity hosted that are memorable and you enjoyed I would love to hear what they were! We are already filling up our social calendar for the next year so that we have big and small events with every sorority on campus. Any and all advice is needed and welcome.

Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter went to a haunted theme park with one of the fraternities. I thought it was a lot of fun. There were 7 'levels' of fear, and at the first one they split us into groups of four. I ended up with three guys and no sisters but it was soo cool to get to know the guys better and they protected me because I am absolutely terrified of clowns! I can handle everything else but clowns = no way. they helped me get over my fear and get through the theme park, and we got to know each other better. Just an idea for next fall.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

One thing you could do is pick an activity a lot of your brothers like and then plan a theme or event around that.

You could also host a BBQ if you have a place to have one on campus and invite the sororities for the "free food and drinks"...they'll come for the food, stay for the guys.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateee View Post
My chapter went to a haunted theme park with one of the fraternities. I thought it was a lot of fun. There were 7 'levels' of fear, and at the first one they split us into groups of four. I ended up with three guys and no sisters but it was soo cool to get to know the guys better and they protected me because I am absolutely terrified of clowns! I can handle everything else but clowns = no way. they helped me get over my fear and get through the theme park, and we got to know each other better. Just an idea for next fall.
That is a great idea! It wouldnt be too hard to set up and it would be a great way to pair off our guys and get the girls involved. Definitely something I am gonna have to look into next fall
Old 02-10-2013, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks to those of you that inboxed me. We had an extremely successful preference last weekend "Snow Ball- Wear something white, wear something tight"

I think it is easier to pick themes around major events for example we are putting the final touches on the details for a dance with 3 other houses here on campus at the end of March themed around the 'March Madness' basketball tourney.