GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,129
2 members and 1,127 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 08-26-2003, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Fraternity Rush Stories? Anyone? Anyone?...Bueller?

Aw c'mon! Doesn't anyone want to share how fraternity rush is going on their campus/chapter?
There are soooo many sorority recruitment threads, can't we have one fraternity rush thread now that Betarulz summer rush thread has ended?
Old 08-27-2003, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
My boyfriend's little brother has one... No updates as yet...
Old 08-27-2003, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Pi Kapp 142 Send a message via Yahoo to Pi Kapp 142
Rush starts tommorrow at SF State. Just to give everyone an idea of what we are up against, SF State is the number one ideal commuter school acording to U.S. News.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Our rush starts September 9th. Thus far we have done a little direct marketing by sending letters to all the freshmen males telling them about us and giving them a rush calendar. The freshmen move in on Sunday Aug. 31 so we are going to help out with that with our enw rush shirts. Thats all for now.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
We Start ours next week. I'll let you guys and girls know on what's happening.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 08-28-2003, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Well at SIUE, Fraternity Rush is the week of September 8-12. Here several chapters have big events prior to rush week and that pretty much all of the Greeks come to. Sigma Pi has a Pig Roast/Luau today on the Quad, and next weekend AKL has their Back to School Concert with about 3-4 bands. We also do a couple of "Greek Info Nights", and everyone does info tables during Welcome Week.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
my little brother's best friend is rushing
i think there's 6 fraternities on his campus
it's very competitive there
so, we'll see
i think he's like my brother with his choices
he's got
Old 08-28-2003, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

i posted this in the "who's rushing in the fall?" thread, but i'll copy and paste it here in case anyone wants a little more of testosterone geared rush stories...or results:

since the men seem to be so underrated in the rush forum, i'd like to say that my boyfriend and one of his best friends are now ACACIA pledges at LSU. he, as in the one that belongs to me, hasn't officially signed a bid card since he didn't go through rush, but the boys are coming after him pretty hard. he seems to be enjoying the attention, PLUS his grandmother offered to pay his dues! i guess he's not positive if he's going to do it or not, but i'd say there's a fair chance - he already goes to their meetings =) i'm happy for him because this group seems to be WAY more relaxed than the group he pledged (and then depledged) last year. he's not sure if the fraternity life is for him anymore, but he's going to give it a shot. aahh, i didn't mean for this to be so long...i just mean to say YAY for acacia at LSU!
Old 08-28-2003, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyj39
Quote:
Originally posted by Pi Kapp 142
Rush starts tommorrow at SF State. Just to give everyone an idea of what we are up against, SF State is the number one ideal commuter school acording to U.S. News.
Really? That's cool! Good luck with Rush!

Are you guys planning Presents again this year? Will it be with the Phi Taus? I am an alum of SFSU. Just wondering...
Old 08-28-2003, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

My Fraternities Rush: I'm from Fort Hays State University, which is a small school in
western Kansas. The campus is less than 2% greek which makes rush difficult. We have
been recruiting since early in the summer. Over the summer, we went to several cities in
Kansas which helped us pick up 2 pledges. Hopefully next year it will be alot more.
When began our rush week last wednesday before school began. Since then we have held
several events. BBQ's, Sand Volleyball, Pizza Olympics, and a Hawaiian Luau last night.
Tonight we have our 4th annual Battle of the Bands planned. Each year this is held during
rush week to recruit and raise money for Children's Miracle Network. Through rush this
semester, we have signed 6 new members, but have had several more guys than that come
by our house. We have 3 more weeks before formal pledging to recruit. It won't be as intense
as the last week, but hopefully we will sign at least 12 guys by then. As time goes on, I will
our progress.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

These are the fraternities at Ole Miss. Rush starts for them on October 2 and ends on October 6, 2003 (just like panhellenic)
I am not sure if DKE is still on campus but they are not in their house and I am not sure if they are recognized by IFC at them moment. But anyway, here are the frats and they have been having rush parties since last Spring.

Alpha Tau Omega
Beta Theta Pi
Chi Psi
Delta Psi / St. Anthony Hall
Delta Kappa Epsilon
Kappa Alpha
Kappa Sigma
Phi Delta Theta
Phi Kappa Psi
Phi Kappa Tau
Pi Kappa Alpha
Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Sigma Chi
Sigma Nu
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Old 08-28-2003, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Glad someone started a GUY Rush! Thank you BSUPhiSig!

SAE_KSDE, that is not west Kansas, shoot Dude That Is WESTERN KS!

Moxie, JMOM Son is a New LXA at Baton Rouge, to some, that is LSU!

As You Know, I am still grinning to ear!

Best of Luck To All GUYS Rushing and let us Know GCER GUYS!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-29-2003, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

SAE_KSDE my sister was SSS at Fort Hayes! Neat place, nice atmosphere in town! Best of luck to you for your remaining recruitment!

Tee-hee TOM!

Moxie-hope your Hun goes with it! My daughter says Acacia throws some great exchanges and the guys have a strong brotherhood! Don't they do Night on the Nile?
Old 08-29-2003, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, Sigma Pi had their Pig Roast/Luau last night and it was a HUGE success! About 500 people came out for it, and the chapter got the names of about 30 guys who are interested in Rushing them! On our campus that is an awesome turnout! It's great cause these guys worked so hard and they are so stoked! The next big fraternity event is the Alpha Kappa Lambda's Back to School Concert with about four bands next weekend. They'll probably have 300+ people come out for that too.

Our "official" rush week isn't until the third week of the semester, but we encourage the chapters to hold events and do things on campus to promote their organization, Greek Life, and campus life. So far two out of the four IFC groups are doing this and seeing big payoff. We have to work very hard to promote Greek Life in general here, because since we have no houses on campus, many freshmen and transfer students don't even realize we have a Greek system by the time rush starts!

For everyone's info, here are the fraternities at SIUE:

Alpha Kappa Lambda
Phi Kappa Psi
Sigma Phi Epsilon (only one w/ a house, 2 miles off-campus)
Sigma Pi

"Official" Rush Week is 8-12, but most chapters will have the majority of their guys lined up by then.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

a sorta rush story

I just got back from a Sig Ep Smoker thing. I got to meet this great guy going through. He is so psyched about being part of a GLO, and it is very contaigous! Anyways, he is really torn between Sig Ep and Kappa Sigma. They are both fine organizations on my campus and I said that no matter what he can't really go wrong with either decision. But I did point out all the great guys at Sig Ep and the wonderful bond they share. I have no clue which house he will choose, but I will let yall know tomorrow!