GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,643
1 members and 1,642 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 09-22-2013, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Dessert Recruitment!

Hi everyone. I am an active and a sophomore so I went through recruitment last winter. This will be my recruitment story from then. I was NOT a legacy to any of the groups. I was unprepared in the sense that I did not have recs. I did have an ok GPA (between 3.3 and 3.6 I’ll say), I made sure to get appropriate/fashionable outfits, and also many people from my high school went to this same college, so I knew lots of friends in the sororities.

I’m going to try to write up a bunch, post that, write up more, post that, etc.

Everyone visited all the sororities at least once before cuts were made. I picked my favorite desserts because it’s making me want them

Caramel Apples – The girls here were really enthusiastic and upbeat, I liked the girl I talked to, I don’t know if she liked me? The next girl was super nice too. She was a junior but I felt like I could be friends with her and she would give me really good advice. I definitely wanted to see more of this group. I knew a girl in this group from high school. We were acquaintances.

Cheesecake – I don’t remember a ton about this group, but I do remember liking them. I felt comfortable with this group and that I could be myself around them. I knew one girl in this group.

Pie Crust – These girls seemed pretty perfect. I heard they had a great GPA, all really beautiful but nice/classy too. The girls I talked to were sweet, but I don’t know if I’d be asked back. I would like to be invited back though, for sure. I knew some people in this group from my high school, but weren’t really friends with them.

Coffee Ice Cream – I actually knew a girl in this group from middle school, but she went to a different high school than me. The girls I talked to were really cool, for sure, but based on how sought after they are I just really don’t think I’ll get an invite back. I’m pretty, ok grades, social, but I know a ton of people want this group. I really liked/got along with all the girls I talked to though, so of course, I would love to be asked back.

Cookie Dough – These girls were really enthusiastic. I liked their energy and they seemed extremely involved, which I liked. I think it’s really fun to get involved on campus in Greek events and this is one of the things I really wanted out of a sorority in addition to great friends. I would like to be invited back.

Cold Stone Cake Batter Ice Cream – These girls were really nice and it looked like they were involved on campus. I didn’t know anyone from high school here, but I’ll just be honest. I heard they were a lot smaller than the other sororities. Every girl I spoke to was nice and I connected with, although they didn’t seem that outgoing.

Reese’s Cups – The second I walked in I fell in love. I seriously loved every girl I talked to and got along with them SO well. I love their philanthropy, they seem super involved on campus, are nice/hilarious, etc. This is my first choice by far, I would love to be invited back.

Strawberry Smoothie – I liked these girls. Definitely clicked with them and they seemed chill. I met a few girls in my major which was cool because it is not an extremely common major.

Thin Mints – I knew a lot of girls from high school in this chapter. They were very excited and seemed very social and involved. I felt comfortable here, but didn’t know if that was because I talked to some people I knew.

Oreo Crumble Ice Cream Cake – I have to be honest, I really don’t remember much about this chapter. I remember liking every chapter though and wanting to go back to all of them, so I’m sure I connected with the girls I spoke to.

Red Velvet Cupcakes – I knew one or two girls from high school in this sorority, but wasn’t super close with them. This chapter is very involved on campus, and they are always hosting events and participating in other Greek groups events, which seems like a lot of fun. I would like to be invited back here. This group seems very tight. A lot of the girls in my recruitment group had great things to say about Red Velvet Cupcakes.

Vanilla Ice Cream w/ Whipped Cream & Rainbow Sprinkles – This group seemed very normal which is a good thing. This could definitely be a good group of loyal girlfriends. Everyone was very nice and a friend of mine pledged this group at a different school, so I had a good feeling about them.

White Chocolate Hershey Kisses – I liked this group a lot, and like Thin Mints, I had many friends from high school in this chapter. Even though I didn’t talk to my friends during the party, I still felt really comfortable with the girls. I felt like I could fit in well here.

Peach Sorbet - The newest house. This house wasn’t my favorite, but the girls did seem nice. I’m not sure if this is where I want to be, but want to give them another chance (if they give me one).

Lemon Italian Ice – I don’t remember a lot about this house. I remember feeling like I was more outgoing than the girls I talked to.

Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream – Again, I felt a lot more outgoing than the girls I spoke with. These girls were so nice and I felt very comfortable around them.

Phew. I’ll type more later!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I was invited back to these houses and was very glad to get a chance to talk with all the girls more:

Caramel Apples – The party was lively and everyone (PNMs and actives) seemed happy to be there. I definitely felt more engaged with this group. They seemed like a lot of fun, and I felt inspired to get involved in leadership roles if I joined this sorority. I wanted to return.

Cheesecake – I remember having more good conversations with these girls. They seemed sarcastic and funny, a group I could let loose around, although I’m not sure how involved they seemed on campus.

Strawberry Smoothie – I liked these girls today. Good conversations. Nothing awkward but nothing stuck out either. I want to come back because I remember how much I liked them the other day. Plus, the girl in my major the other day had said there were more people with that major in this sorority.

Thin Mints – I had a really great time at Thin Mints. I have to admit I felt like everything just clicked. I felt I already fit in well with the chapter (hopefully the feeling was mutual) and that I could make great contributions to their activities. I would like to be invited back here.

Oreo Crumble Ice Cream Cake – Nothing stuck out to me in a great or negative way.

Vanilla Ice Cream w/ Whipped Cream & Rainbow Sprinkles – I liked the girls I spoke with today., but nothing stood out in a good or bad way. The girls were nice.

White Chocolate Hershey Kisses – This was probably my favorite party of the day. I just felt so right at this party. The girls totally got me and I felt like I fit in very well! I would be disappointed if I do not get invited back.

Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream – I did not feel like this was the group for me. I didn’t seem to have much in common with the girls I spoke with. Every time the girl would get really excited about something, I didn’t really share the enthusiasm, and vice versa. It just seemed like we were on different pages, which was not good.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm feeling this theme you got going on. The desserts sound delectable!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Keep it going.
(And now I'm hungry for Diddy Riese cookies ...)