GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,368
1 members and 1,367 guests
No Members online

Old 08-09-2002, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

What's your beauty regime?

Hello everyone.. Have you ever seen a black women or one of another nationality who looks much younger than her age and you stop and wonder or you may ask "How do you keep your skin looking so smooth and young" and she say simply "Soap and water". I'm asking the question tonight what is your beauty regime is there anything that you do that has really helped your skin or any family secrets that mom or grandmother had that you've carried with you throughout the years. For me I love Ambi and mud masks. I used to put egg on my face let it dry and wash it.....seems like my skin would glow afterwards and I'd look like a peach. Any good or bad beauty secrets you've encountered?

Last edited by oneinamillion; 08-09-2002 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-10-2002, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

8/10/2002 Wow I guess no one has any beauty secrets they'd like to share?!
Old 08-11-2002, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ykimber
Well I can say that my biggest secret is I don't use soap on my face I just wash with a terry cloth rag and warm water. But If may skin is oily from hair products, I use Mary Kay Facial wash called Valocity and it work to get the oil out.

I can also say that I use Plamers Cocoa Butter, the actual cream not the lotion and that works wonder on scars and blimishes and it keeps you skin smooth!

Another secret is lip gloss! Keep them lips shiny!
Old 08-11-2002, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking LOL, I'm late huh?

I don't like Fashion Fair's make-up, I usually use MAC, But I love the Botanicals face wash & toner. Afterwards I use Hidden Beauty night cream. If you have ANY pimples at night you will have ZERO by morning. It also evened out my exquizit skin tone.
Old 08-11-2002, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ykimber
Well I can say that my biggest secret is I don't use soap on my face I just wash with a terry cloth rag and warm water. But If may skin is oily from hair products, I use Mary Kay Facial wash called Valocity and it work to get the oil out.

I can also say that I use Plamers Cocoa Butter, the actual cream not the lotion and that works wonder on scars and blimishes and it keeps you skin smooth!

Another secret is lip gloss! Keep them lips shiny!
I use Palmer's on my legs in the winter to get them in shape for the summer......it works a miracle
Old 08-13-2002, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ykimber
Palmers is a miracle worker! I want to buy stock in that company!
Old 08-13-2002, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I use Cliniques 3-step system 2 times a day. I use their facial scub once a week. I also steam my face once a week. When I do wear make-up, the only make-up I will use is Aveda. That goes for powder, lipstick or anything else. I pretty much keep it simple and use baby lotion. Inexpensive and smells nice. I also like Nexxus products. Aveda is good for natural hair.
Old 08-13-2002, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Facial Steamers

I use facial steamers every now and then. It works so well on my face. It'll bring a glow to my scene and really unclog any pores.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I use Mary Kay products to care for my skin, but M.A.C. for make up products. I think they're both great for the skin, especially African American women.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by delph998
I use Mary Kay products to care for my skin, but M.A.C. for make up products. I think they're both great for the skin, especially African American women.
I hear soo much about Mac products. I'll be trying some of their colours for the eyes. They have so many.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by oneinamillion

I hear soo much about Mac products. I'll be trying some of their colours for the eyes. They have so many.
You would not be disappointed by their eye colors. I could go on and on about how great their make up is. Tell me what you think of it once you try it.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Clarins

I use Clarins for skin care, although it is expensive. I've used Clarins since 1993, when I was 29.

For instance, one night cream that was recommended to me costs $60. The good thing, however, is that they are generous with samples.

Make-up is a mix. Foundation is Prescriptives Traceless, level 3. Powder is Sephora Artist, which sadly was discontinued, so I have to find new translucent powder. Eyeshadows are Stila, eyebrow pencil is Prescriptives, eyeliner pencil is L'Oreal. Mascara is Oil of Olay, blush is Prescriptives, lip liners and sticks are either Prescriptives or Club Monaco, w/Bobbi Brown gloss.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Chanel?

Has anyone had any experiences with Chanel makeup. I know it's very expensive; but does anyone on this forum use the makeup?
Old 08-15-2002, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hey, I like this thread! Since I was out recently and nobody believed me when I told my age, I'll share.

Steeltrap, I'm with you with the makeup thing. I will wear whatever looks good on me, Lancome, Fashion Fair, Maybelline....

What I am sure to do, Onein a million, is to remove my make-up every night. I never go to bed with makeup on. I remove my eye make-up with petroleum jelly first and then I use cold creme on my face (Ponds or Suave). I have also used Fashion Fair's Deep Cleansing Lotion. To cleanse, I will use whatever is in the soap dish followed with witch hazel.

The moisturizers I have used and have good success with are Fashion Fair's. I have used the oil-free one in the summertime since I'm oily this time of year.

The one and only utmost beauty tip I suggest for anybody (I learned from my mother who has never looked her age) is to constantly drink water, water, and more water.

Last edited by BlueReign; 08-15-2002 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:51 AM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlueReign

What I am sure to do, Onein a million, is to remove my make-up every night. I never go to bed with makeup on. I remove my eye make-up with petroleum jelly first and then I use cold creme on my face (Ponds or Suave). I have also used Fashion Fair's Deep Cleansing Lotion. To cleanse, I will use whatever is in the soap dish followed with witch hazel.

Former supermodel Beverly Johnson uses witch hazel as well and she looks very young.