GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,298
1 members and 2,297 guests
chi-o_cat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

dropped out of rush, still allowed to go to house functions?

i'm getting ready to rush at the end of september, but i've been talking to a close cousin who went to a different university than me that just got done with rush week and kind of getting ideas about what the whole process is like from her. only problem is, as much as i like her, she does have a tendency to embellish things and has been known in the past as a bit of a liar.

so she went to school with her best friend of like almost 10 years and they both decided to rush together. but my cousin decided to drop out of rush on like i think she said the 3rd or 4th day... she says its just cause she wasn't feeling it, but i have a feeling it was because she got dropped by the house her and her roommate/best friend were really gunning to be in together, and her best friend got invited back. well on bid day, her best friend actually got a bid to that sorority. and my cousin says she and her best friend have already talked to the sorority and they told her that it was alright for her to bring my cousin to any and everything the sorority does.

it just strikes me as odd. i mean rush week just ended, isn't the house interested in getting to know and focusing on the girls they actually INVITED to be in the house? i might believe it more if initiation was already over, it's been a couple months, and the sorority is interested or looking for more girls. i mean why should the girls that just got invited after such a stressful week feel special when someone who was dropped from the house is already getting invited to come to anything they please not even a day after bid day has ended???? i know from other people who go to school there that the house has filled their quota. then i asked my cousin, "oh what do they mean by you can go to everything? just like parties or exchanges? or do they mean like all their meetings, chapter, and all the special things they do for the new girls like big/little night too?" and she said, "i'm pretty sure they said i could come with her to all that stuff."

so i thought i'd ask you guys, do you think this is true? is that reasonable to believe that she's aloud to even come to chapter and special meetings even though she's not in the house and isn't even a pledge? because if it is true, it makes me question why bother even going all the way through with recruitment or get upset if i get dropped by the house i really want if i can just find someone to leach onto right away and what's the point if someone can enjoy all the perk and fun of being in a sorority without actually being a member or paying any dues??

Last edited by pinkprtygirl; 08-25-2008 at 03:58 PM.