GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,330
1 members and 2,329 guests
naraht

Old 07-14-2020, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Virtual Fellowship Events

What sort of virtual fellowship events have your chapters and alumni/ae groups engaged in since the pandemic started?

Or, what sort of virtual gatherings have you participated in that had activities that would work well for a group?

I know Sister Havana mentioned in another thread something akin to speed dating in breakout rooms.

For myself, one friend had an Easter get-together on Zoom that involved an in-house scavenger hunt.

A fraternity brother's wife had a surprise birthday party for him and we did a trivia quiz via Kahoot.

And I saw one alumni chapter of Alpha do a Family Feud game with the local AKAs as the other team.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Our local Alumnae Chapter did our annual spring luncheon, International Reunion Day, via Zoom complete with a Power Point presentation that was shared with the groups and an opportunity for attendees to share their favorite Alpha Gam memories.

We also did a Kahoot trivia game for our Alpha Gam Night In Founder's Day celebration...also via zoom.

We've done several happy hour events via Zoom (having one this week actually) and we have a "mixer" coming up via Zoom with the local Delta Gamma Alumnae Chapter.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
Our local Alumnae Chapter did our annual spring luncheon, International Reunion Day, via Zoom complete with a Power Point presentation that was shared with the groups and an opportunity for attendees to share their favorite Alpha Gam memories.
I've seen some orgs (maybe a Junior League) have a luncheon in which they all had the same meal--maybe it was delivered by the same caterer that morning and all you had to do was warm it up.

I wonder how much that cost per person. I wish I could remember where I saw that.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapter wise, we have done a couple of virtual gamenights (we also did a scavenger hunt) and we also talked about things like Census 2020 and voting. We also had a really great health and wellness program for the community, which included info on dealing with stress/mental health during the pandemic/BLM movement, meditation and yoga. It was nice to be able to connect with Sorors and friends.

My line sister is 2nd VP and responsible for our scholarships. She was looking for ideas and I suggested we do a virtual workout fundraiser. I’ve seen a few events or groups where people do workouts together to keep each other accountable.

Since our regional conferences are virtual this year, my region is in the midst of hosting programming every night, including a gamenight this Friday! I’m really excited for it, because we’ve ever had anything like this region-wide! The region also hosted a dance party on Sunday, with one of our DJ Sorors on the 1’s and 2’s.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
I've seen some orgs (maybe a Junior League) have a luncheon in which they all had the same meal--maybe it was delivered by the same caterer that morning and all you had to do was warm it up.

I wonder how much that cost per person. I wish I could remember where I saw that.
WOW! Yeah...we did ours in the am and ended early enough so that folks could sign off to eat. I don't think I'd want to be watching people eat in a Zoom. LOL
Old 07-14-2020, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post

You probably saw it on my Neos Instagram page. One of my other Neos coordinated the program for a women’s organization they are in. They had a package with the program, gifts and the meal delivered to attendees and they enjoyed the food during the virtual program! It looked pretty cool.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
The Chicago APO alumni association has been doing a monthly virtual happy hour via Zoom.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Our undergrads who have been home since March have conducted several activities for the whole chapter, one being a TRIVIA NIGHT. Our activities committee gathered minute little-known info from and about brothers (including from me, an advisor!) then kept score as brothers guessed and accumulated correct answers at an evening “event”.

The top 3 got virtual gift cards emailed to them. (Pizza Hut, Amazon, etc.)

The guys loved it!
Old 07-16-2020, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Ooh, great thread! We have had a pretty full schedule of Zoom events since April, with more to come--but then again, we *were* supposed to have had our convention last week.

For collegians and alumnae there have been separate town halls, for all members we have had sing alongs, bingo (with gift card prizes), trivia (which I sadly missed), and I want to say a few other social events, but I'm blanking. We have also started up a pen pal network. All of the events I have been able to attend have left my sorority-loving heart super full!

Last edited by TheGreenHeart; 07-16-2020 at 11:25 PM. Reason: .