GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,124
1 members and 1,123 guests
No Members online

Old 05-05-2004, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to rebelkelagd
Thumbs up Rebel Yell Gives AGD Props

In the Rebel Yell, University of Nevada, Las Vegas's newspaper there was the following article:
Thurs. Apr 29, 2004

By Neil Guieb and Christine Isaaq(pledge class 03)
A sorority so well rounded with 9 Greek Week wins, 12 Homecoming Trophies and 10 Rebel Cups under its belt canhave no other name than Alpha Gamma Delta.

In reality, AGD is not even a sorority, but a women's fraternity. Alpha Gamma Delta has been easily proving their strength and campus presence to their male counterparts since their colonization here at UNLV in 1989.

Since that time, AGD has been found all over campus excelling in academics, intramurals, honor societies, student government and promoting Greek Life. Some current prominent members include: UNLV's strongest woman Korie Brust, CSUN Services Director Anisa Izzolo and Assistant Ea Madrigal; the rugby team's Dezirae Klaizner; and Vagina Monologues' Amy Buchanan, Viviana Dearmas and Aundrea Taylor-Caldwell (who was also this year's "Ideal Rebel") Tiffany Soto won the last week Greek Week's Outstanding Chapter Member of the Year Award.

Founded on May 30, 1904, in Syracuse New York, Alpha Gamma Delta will actually be celebrating their centennial (yay) this year. AGD is now an international fraternity with over 175 chapters and nearly 123, 000 members worldwide.

Just this past year, Delta Omicron (AGD's chapter here at UNLV) raised over $4,000 in their philanthropy "Battle of the Gods" along with several thousand canned goods.

They also raised the most money ever in the history of Rock-a-thon, their annual philanthropy with Lambda Chi Alpha where members from both chapters sit on a rocking chair night and day to raise money for Juvenile Diabetes and UNLV preschool.

They recently won the Rape Crisis Program Award at past Sunday's Greek Showcase. AGD is also currently in first place for Rebel Cup, winning soccer and basketball this season. These ladies definitely achieve whatever goal they set for themselves. Inner turmoil and election controversies aside, AGD might be the best women's fraternity on campus.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Yippee! Red and Buff Roses to Delta Omicron!

I met several of their sisters when they were one of the Installation Teams for Delta Tau Chapter, and I must say that I am not one bit surprised by this article. They were lovely, smart, outgoing young women, and a credit to Alpha Gam!
Old 05-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Unregistered-

What a lovely article!

Every year, a lot of Hawai`i high school seniors decide to attend UNLV for college and I've been privileged to know a bunch. Not too many of them become Greek (since it's not a big thing here), but when I mention that I'm an Alpha Gam, they always have great things to say about the UNLV Alpha Gams. They really are a class act!

Red and buff roses also to Tiffany S.!
Old 05-05-2004, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

WONDERFUL ARTICLE!!

(Not sure what the last sentence was about but they could have left it out!!))