GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,470
1 members and 1,469 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 04-22-2022, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
To me, it's a red flag when someone from a city with an alum group reaches out that far. But most kids have no idea there's an alum group of anything in there town. I'd send her back to her hometown alum group.
Now, that group that won't write one without knowing here....I understand, but it wouldn't take much effort to inquire among one's friends and find someone who does know her. If I can find someone who knows the candidate and will be candid about their opinion, and I trust them, that's good enough for me.
That's how I write my recs because, at my age, I RARELY know any of the PNMs from my town.
I can see how one might think something is up if a girl asks for a rec from out of town. I can tell you here in Naples, the Alumnae Panhellenic is not at all supportive of recs. They remain in their little "ladies lunch" bubble and do nothing with the community. They do offer some small scholarships for girls who will be rushing, which always blew my mind. It seemed to me it would make more sense to support girls who are members of sororities, rather than girls who might or might not pledge. A sorority sister and I offered to start a recruitment workshop outreach program for the AP and were shot down.
So maybe the 3 hours away PNM encountered a local Alumnae Panhellenic similar to the one here in Naples. In that instance, I might share the name of a sorority sister in her city that she could reach out to.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
I would love an updated list of who is doing what...traditional forms, self introductions, references/introduction forms from anyone including non-members, etc. I just got my first rec request tonight, and it's apparent that well-intentioned mom is about 2 years out of date on the current expectations/rec processes and isn't aware there have been changes for many groups.
The only one I've found who isn't taking any kind of rec at all is Phi Mu.
I posted a list, which may or may not be totally accurate, on Facebook on the Alabama Sorority Recruitment Parents page, in the FiLES section. You'll have to request to join.

Old 06-19-2022, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Something that reminded me of my age today:

I recall (mumble) years ago sending an informational sorority recruitment rec, for a woman I personally knew, directly to the greek life office of a major university. This was done because our NPC had no chapter at said school, and this rec would thus be made available to every greek group on campus that went to their greek life office and looked at it (some may have had a policy never to read unsolicited/non-member written recs).

I imagine with the explosion of social media that what I did back then is unheard of and unnecessary today.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.

Last edited by Cheerio; 06-19-2022 at 02:04 PM.