GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 641
0 members and 641 guests
No Members online

Old 09-10-2017, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightnAiry View Post
I guess I never spent time just being a kid. From my second grade year onward my priority has been my career goal (I would say what but that would be too much information lol) and other kids didn't understand why I spent all my time focusing on that. I went to a small Christian school my entire life (from 2 to 18) so I never had to make friends, I had them by default. (So I sort of understand what you mean Titchou.) And I've never really seen the need in "figuring out" who I am. I've always known who I am and I like who I am. I see it as a source of pride that I've stayed generally the same. It doesn't help that my personality type is incredibly rare and we tend to not relate well with others.

In terms of fictional characters I'm Hermione Granger + Daria + Monica Geller. lol
Well,Monica worked it out pretty well...so can you. The introvert in me dreaded the idea of even speaking in front of my class. In Delta Gamma, I've spoken to 1,000 people at banquets/convocations at our Convention! I didn't get there overnight. Look at how you can be an even better version of yourself and how you can learn to get along with those who think differently - because that's all we're really talking about here with the examples you've given. You aren't a finished product yet!
Old 09-10-2017, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm an ENTP and only 3% of women are such. We tend to be charismatic, knowledgeable, and energetic, but we can also be very argumentative, intolerant, and insensitive unintentionally. It's not on purpose but our minds work so quickly that we tend to dismiss anything and anyone we believe to be illogical and shaky under scrutiny.

I was the child who'd always ask why I had to do something and would argue if it didn't make sense to me.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I joined Alpha Gam when I was 20, and the legal drinking age in my province is 18- even though it's totally legal, I'm not a huge drinker. Quite frankly, alcohol makes me tired and I end up just going to sleep. (If you want fun me, cupcakes and brownies all the way!!) Although I personally have little patience who get smashed, I don't bring it up and discuss- there's no reason to. If you are there are and having fun, most people won't notice. And you don't HAVE to go to everything- just don't go if people are drunk and out of control. I'm going to guess that people are picking up on your mom vibe and not feeling it.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightnAiry View Post
I'm an ENTP and only 3% of women are such. We tend to be charismatic, knowledgeable, and energetic, but we can also be very argumentative, intolerant, and insensitive unintentionally. It's not on purpose but our minds work so quickly that we tend to dismiss anything and anyone we believe to be illogical and shaky under scrutiny.

I was the child who'd always ask why I had to do something and would argue if it didn't make sense to me.
Honey, I'm an INTJ-with a J so strong that my score for the judgmental part was 24-0-ZERO!!!!! But just because I am so much so, I've learned to keep the judgments to myself in certain situations. You're young. You haven't gotten there yet. A friend of mine used to say that honesty was no excuse for rudeness. Step back and see if any of this fits and,if so, work on it.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:24 PM

I will also tell you that my best friend in my chapter did not drink and it really was not a problem.

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdInCanada11 View Post
I joined Alpha Gam when I was 20, and the legal drinking age in my province is 18- even though it's totally legal, I'm not a huge drinker. Quite frankly, alcohol makes me tired and I end up just going to sleep. (If you want fun me, cupcakes and brownies all the way!!) Although I personally have little patience who get smashed, I don't bring it up and discuss- there's no reason to. If you are there are and having fun, most people won't notice. And you don't HAVE to go to everything- just don't go if people are drunk and out of control. I'm going to guess that people are picking up on your mom vibe and not feeling it.
Clarification: by "go to everything" I meant things where alcohol isn't present, if such events are making you uncomfortable.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
Clarification: by "go to everything" I meant things where alcohol isn't present, if such events are making you uncomfortable.
Oh, I'm agreeing with you!! I'm an advisor now- I would NEVER advocate attending something you aren't comfortable with. That being said, sisterhood events, meetings, IM sports are all alcohol free (or should be...), she should have options!