GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,341
1 members and 1,340 guests
No Members online

Old 12-01-2005, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey, gang--Greetings from 'Lanta, y'all, home of the 2005 NIC/AFA Convention! I've seen a number of IHQ-types as well as 'Chops plying their trade as Greek advisors. Very cool to be one of the crew.

I'll find out what I can about the electronic stuff if/when I get a chance to chat w/folks in the know. If anything newsworthy's noted, I'll share w/the rest of the class.

In ZAX in Atlanta,
BF

"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power."
Old 12-03-2005, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

No tidbits...sorry, gang.

ZAX,
BF

"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power."
Old 12-03-2005, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Electronic C & C still isnt the same.

Oh well, hopefully times will get better.

Boz, Wish I was there with You and all of the GC Brothers!

Do Well!!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 12-04-2005, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

You can download and make a paper copy of the C&C

Brothers,

I love paper too! Visit my house and you will understand what I mean. However, I do like the interactive nature of the electronic C&C. Check out the reference to the When? building in my current history article to understand what I mean.

You can download the magazine to your screen and then print off a copy. It looks like a magazine and it is laid out a bit differently than the computer version. And, it does have a cover....

I have meet with the team that is responsible for both publications; they are talented and dedicated Brothers. They also like games and movies. Very funny in person. You would like them if you meet them.

Yours in ZAX,

Mike Raymond, Z-U Zeta
Old 12-04-2005, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Edwin Markham

Brother Bill,

I really like the quote from Markam that you use as a tagline. I happen to own a copy of his most famous poem, "The Man with the Hoe," that he signed with a dedication to the Grand Chapter of Theta Kappa Nu in 1928. Nicely framed, with the official colors of TKN, in my office.

I will probably write about him in a future C&C article.

And, Gamma Zeta, no jokes about the "hoe" in the poem's title!

Yours in ZAX,

Mike Raymond, ZUZ

Last edited by docroc67; 12-05-2005 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I was just looking at the Electronic C&C.

I like to see if there are any good parts under "voices" I enjoy Ed Leonard's travels. However, there is a "Voice"/BLOG that just says " I heard there are two chapters that are Hazing"

Since it is the "Cross and Crescent" I would think it would be above that sort of gossip and innuendo. Heck, you dont even see that sort of stuff on here- i.e " I heard Univ of xxx is hazing..."

Lenoxxx

Visit this website if you miss what TV Guide did in destroying www.jumptheshark.com a fan website run by the fans in 2009!
Old 12-26-2005, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

The January Cross & Crescent

Brothers,

The January issue of the Cross & Crescent will be posted on January 2, 2006. This will make three electronic issues that have been produced on schedule. Jason is doing a great job as the new editor. He is very dedicated to this project and has contributed much to its "interactive" nature.

I have two articles this time: The Iswza Society of Cornell and Part Two of my Rene' d' Anjou article that appeared in the last paper issue of the C&C. I think some of you will really like the King Rene' article because I made some connections between King Rene', Lambda Chi Alpha, and Dan Brown's popular book, THE DA VINCI CODE.

If you have not tried the new Electronic C&C, I urge you to do so.

Yours in ZAX,

Mike Raymond, Z-U Zeta

Last edited by docroc67; 12-26-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Mike, looking forward to reading Your Articles as they are always well written and informative.

But, I would like to see more information out ot the New Electronic Cross and Cresent. If We as a International Fraternity are going to save Money this way, then put more meat into the Dang thing!

I still am not impressed one iota.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-02-2006, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

It's Here!

Brothers,

The latest issue of the C&C Magazine hit the electronic airwaves this morning. I want to direct your attention to Bill Farkas's comments. I believe that he is setting the stage for a series of articles about the condition and future of our fraternity. Please read what he has to say, comment on the article, and stay tuned for more insight from Bill and his staff.

This issue has some real "meat!" Follow some of the links provided within the articles and you might be amazed at where they take you! There is much more content than meets the eye....

I would encourage the posting of comments about the electronic C&C and its specific articles and departments. The C&C is, in great measure, a volunteer operation. It is a great example of our leadership reaching out for help and our members responding in a positive manner.

Happy New Year,

Yours in ZAX,

Mike R., Z-U Zeta
Old 01-03-2006, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Brother Raymond, another well written Article that does show History of LXA.

This C & C does have a little more in it. I guess it is like The Neophyte isnt it? One has to learn His/Its Way!

As always, anything from LXA is always enjoyable to read,

I was in hopes that the Brother that all helped to find would be in this issue.

I didnt really know who to write about the passing even though I did send it in.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-03-2006, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Man alot of hostility in some of the C&C online article responses. Im starting to like it now that random people are throwing out a comment here and there.

Lenoxxx

Visit this website if you miss what TV Guide did in destroying www.jumptheshark.com a fan website run by the fans in 2009!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to john1082 Send a message via AIM to john1082 Send a message via MSN to john1082 Send a message via Yahoo to john1082
Poor Bill

Bill Farkas is the 'Cat Herder in Chief'. When he walked in the financial house was a wreck, numbers were down, and the undergraduates sometimes questioned the value of Indianapolis. He will have his hands full for a year or two.

Yet he isn't blowing smoke about it. The information is accurate and he isn't sugar coating it. Despite all this there is hope and passion - and the ability to make it happen.

Sounds like my kind of Brother.

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 01-19-2006, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Audio Cross & Crescent

Brothers,

The Electronic C&C now has an Audio version! The first three audio issues can be downloaded at the magazine site. So, those Brothers who can't or don't want to read from a computer screen now have the option of printing a copy (with some different content) or downloading the audio version.

I listened to this month's C&C magazine (Isn't that a strange idea? Listening to a magazine...) this morning and enjoyed it. It was a professional product with good sound and a good reader.

Give it a try. Oh, high speed connection is a must to download. A dial-up will take about 4 hours! I listened to my copy with the built-in Windows Media Player.

Yours in ZAX,

Mike Raymond,
Zeta-Upsilon Zeta
Old 01-20-2006, 07:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EM1843
Hopefully they will being podcasting it. I'd really enjoy that. Maybe they could even get some "celebrity brother" guest readers, LOL! It'd be like the old time radio shows...
Old 02-02-2006, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

The February Issue of the C&C is Online

Brothers,

The fourth issue of the Electronic Cross and Crescent is online. This makes four issues in a row that have been produced on time. I think that this issue is quite good. A nice selection of topics, lots of interactivity, and a professional layout. Be sure to check out the "Special Valentine" sidebar, don't overlook the Blog, and try the Podcast feature. Give Jason and Chris a big "pat on the back" for another great issue of the C&C. Be sure to leave feedback. Jono, I liked your comments on the "Smoot" article!

Stay tuned,

Mike Raymond,
Zeta-Upsilon Zeta