GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Beta > Beta Sigma Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,372
1 members and 1,371 guests
No Members online

Old 11-18-2014, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Thinking of FV ... I have questions!

Hello Everyone!
I am considering doing a FV. I am wanting to target women in my age demographic (18-27). I plan on seeking women that attending the three colleges in my town. Of course membership will be open to anyone 18 +, but I am wanting to make life long friendships with women my own age. I know I need at least 7 women to join me before it can happen. The problem ... all of my good friends have moved due to school or careers. Any suggestions on how to find 4 or 5 more women? Right now it's just my good friend, my sister, and myself. Also, can anyone give me a ballpark estimate on the cost of starting a new chapter? And maybe the time frame it takes? Also, does my pledge period need to be finished before i can FV? Thanks so much ladies
P.S. i am waiting to hear back from the international office regarding FV. The Rushing department suggested to start my own chapter.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:39 PM

Do your good friends who have moved not talk to you anymore?

Did you attend college? If so, does your college have an alumni club in your area?

I'm going to be honest: "targeting" students at schools you have no connection with sounds creepy.

Do you belong to a gym, a church or anything? Have you tried Meetup groups?
Old 11-19-2014, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

My friends and I still talk, just not often. They never really come home either lol
I attended the local community college a few years ago and I am finishing up my undergrad online. My online University does not have any organization like this except for Kappa Delta Pi - Education honor society, which i am a member of.
I have a strong connection with the community college due to being an alumni. The Christian university I have a connection with because i am student teaching through their schools and I went through their school system while growing up. The Liberal Arts college I only know a few professors and i work with some students that attend.
I just moved back to this area and i am not a member of anything such as a gym. My town is so small, that there are no meetup groups within a 50 mile radius and even then its not common. We're a little behind the times with the whole on-line group thing here lol no on uses Yelp or Google review so .... yeah. I do go to church and never really thought of some of the girls there. Maybe because they are usually really busy with their church commitments and life so they didn't pop in my mind right off the bat like the college students did. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by MsJess; 11-19-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, MsJess.
The costs are minimal. Actually, the new members simply pay their fees, and that's it. Now, you many find that you need some funds for supplies, but unless something changed recently, there is no separate cost for a Friendly Venture.

If each of you brings just ONE woman into the chapter, you are almost there. You only need seven to start.

I did a Friendly Venture when I was 22. Almost all of our members came from simple word of mouth.

I am so excited for you! Doing a FV was a wonderful experience for me!! Please let me know if you have other questions.

Wishing you much success!
Erica
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 11-20-2014, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

FV kit should be here today or tomorrow! I haven't been this excited to be apart of something since high school volleyball lol I cannot WAIT for this adventure to begin. I paid my membership fees and put in to be apart of online Alpha Alpha so i can begin my journey before FV starts. I'm thinking I'll start promoting after Christmas break. Just thought I'd share my excitement with you guys
Old 01-19-2015, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

How is it going, MsJess??? Are you enjoying your online chapter?
Old 04-23-2015, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

@Erica812 I haven't heard from an online chapter at all. I contacted the web master and she is taking care of it and I should be connected with an online chapter in May. I decided to hold off on a FV until I got to know BSP a little better.
Hope you are well
Old 05-18-2015, 06:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh! I'm sorry that you didn't get connected right away. Are you interested in visiting with Online Kappa? We have several openings at this time.