GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,640
2 members and 1,638 guests
Sarak24034

Old 08-09-2009, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

The last two sorority house pages are done!

Alpha Sigma Tau (http://alphasigmatauhouses.blogspot.com) and Theta Phi Alpha (http://thetaphialphahouses.blogspot.com), although I couldn't find many housed TPA chapters.

I've started the fraternity houses now, you can see the index page at http://fraternityhousesindex.blogspot.com, although I've only finished the one for Sigma Alpha Epsilon (http://saehouses.blogspot.com).

Thanks again everyone for all the help, and I hope yall enjoy!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

The Sigma Nus have a pool! *jealous*
Old 08-09-2009, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditone View Post
I agree to a point. But they are young and silly. As long as the stuff comes back, I think it's all in fun. And timeless.

Plus, come on people. That is a frickin' anchor up there. You gotta give props for that.
I think it's kind of funny to pinkle yard decorations, as long as the stuff comes back and isn't damaged, and as long as no one gets hurt in the process. (I should note that I think random objects in unexpected places are funny...like the shopping cart in a tree outside one of the fraternity houses a few months ago.)

I'm not okay with taking things out of a house -- as in breaking in. I know some orgs that have done that on a couple of different campuses in my area, and that just crosses a line.

Thank you for posting the funny Sigma Nu house pic!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurexrushgirl View Post

i know cornell has alot of greek houses, but are they really nice? does anyone have pictures of the inside?

The only house I can think of off hand that has pics of the interiors is Delta Phi or as it is known at Cornell, "Llenroc". They have a nice tour of their house here I have heard they are pretty open to tours since it is a historic site for the University as it was built for Ezra Cornell and is on the National Register of Historic Places. But IMHO forget the rooms, the views from that house of Cayuga Lake are a-maaaaz-ing and the real prize of the house.

For a lot of general photos about their Fraternity & the Ithaca area Alpha Delta Phi has a great site.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I'm fairly certain that they return that stuff.

I mean, whenever a fraternity took something from a sorority house, it always somehow came back.
The Phi Delt's here once (somehow) managed to steal our DG chapter's common room furniture. The Phi Delt's had DGs sofa and love seat out in their front yard..they even took pictures and posted them in a facebook group!! OH they also took their big bid day letters and this Little Tikes tugboat that the DGs had for some reason...its name was Tuggy lol.

ETA: http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=de....3765950933..1

^^The facebook group....not sure if you will be able to see it or not!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by myopicsunflower View Post
I'm not okay with taking things out of a house -- as in breaking in. I know some orgs that have done that on a couple of different campuses in my area, and that just crosses a line.
::sigh:: We had problems with that last year because although we had a house, no one was living in, so it would go all night unwatched. We would lock up, but people people still found ways of breaking in. I believe a couple of little decorative statues were taken...Oh, and our first Greek Oscar was jacked, so that was kind of sad. But nothing too big or important. I heard one fraternity who recently came back to campus had their charter stolen, and I was terrified that was going to happen to us.

Hopefully that will stop now that girls will be living in!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditone View Post
ASU - Sigma Nu (Zeta Upsilon). Thought I'd post this as it is hilarious. No idea how they got all those things up there.

and I have to include a pic of the backyard:

LOL...I passed that house everyday while driving to park back in lot 59 at ASU!!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
- So, do the fraternities own the houses? If so, and since they have been there so long, are they going to replace them with anything for the orgs?

- General Question for the board: When this project came around, would the houses have fared better if they were all built in the general southern plantation style? I think so for some reason.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FSUfiji
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post
Very, very nice. How many does it sleep?

(My great-grandfather was a Fiji at U of TN!)
Thanks! It Sleeps 28 guys
Florida State University
Old 08-11-2009, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FSUfiji
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
very nice fsufiji-it appears that you are now a down the street neighbor of my chapter?
Yup! Its going to be nice having ZTA as neighbors!
Florida State University
Old 08-11-2009, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Most likely Delta Gamma. It's tradition that their housed chapters have an actual anchor somewhere on the property.

I didn't know that. I'll have to keep an eye out when the house at North Texas is finished- I wonder if they'll keep it outside somewhere.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
::sigh:: We had problems with that last year because although we had a house, no one was living in, so it would go all night unwatched. We would lock up, but people people still found ways of breaking in. I believe a couple of little decorative statues were taken...Oh, and our first Greek Oscar was jacked, so that was kind of sad. But nothing too big or important. I heard one fraternity who recently came back to campus had their charter stolen, and I was terrified that was going to happen to us.

Hopefully that will stop now that girls will be living in!

What?!?! Did you ever get it back? If you didn't I must say (and pardon my french) but whoever took it was a huge asshole.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle555 View Post
The Phi Delt's here once (somehow) managed to steal our DG chapter's common room furniture. The Phi Delt's had DGs sofa and love seat out in their front yard..they even took pictures and posted them in a facebook group!! OH they also took their big bid day letters and this Little Tikes tugboat that the DGs had for some reason...its name was Tuggy lol.

ETA: http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=de....3765950933..1

^^The facebook group....not sure if you will be able to see it or not!

They got 'em good

"If you find the girls that love the you, you love..well then that's just fAbulΦus."
Old 08-11-2009, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectinpurple View Post
What?!?! Did you ever get it back? If you didn't I must say (and pardon my french) but whoever took it was a huge asshole.
I would be more horrified about the charter being stolen. Especially for a new chapter that knows first hand the hard work it takes to get that charter...

I would MURDER over a charter, no joke.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post
I would be more horrified about the charter being stolen. Especially for a new chapter that knows first hand the hard work it takes to get that charter...

I would MURDER over a charter, no joke.
Agreed. Among chapters we have a tradition of taking stuff so the other chapter will come visit to get it back. I heard one story that a chapter president opened his door to somebody knocking and it was his pledges. They had taken the charter from another chapter. As soon as he saw that he made them turn right around and return it.