GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,397
0 members and 2,397 guests
No Members online

Old 08-09-2000, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Cut once, cut again?

Hey everybody!
I was just wondering if anybody had anything to say on the implicit policy some sororities have that if your're cut once, you'll be cut again. I went through rush last year as a freshman and had a blast, but I deferred on preference night when I was dropped by my two favorite houses. I gave all the houses a fair shot, but these two house just really stood out and I felt so at home in them. It was like I was just hanging out with long-time friends and the time spent at these two house just flew by. Would I have a fair shot at getting into either of these two houses going through fall rush as a sophomore? I know there are way to many variables to mention, I was just mainly concerned with the "cut once, cut again" policy. Lots of other girls I know have the same concern regarding it. Thanks in advance! The discussions here are the best. Everyone is so honest and supportive. Best of luck to all rushees this fall!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-10-2000, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, I forgot to mention that I go to a big western school (about 35,000 students).
Old 08-10-2000, 06:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

if you have developed friendships with the sisters in those houses over the past year since you last rushed, you still have a great chance of getting in. circumstances are different this time since now you have some friends pulling for you during voting.

if you aren't really close with anyone, or don't even know many casually, you will probably be cut again, because nothing has changed since last time.

basically what it comes down to: is there any reason the women in those houses would like you MORE or LESS than they did the last time you rushed?

reasons they might like you MORE:
--you've become good friends w/ several of the sisters
--you're had great involvement on campus over the last year
--you've become more friendly and outgoing (and are more likely to be successful at rush-chat)

reasons they could like you LESS:
--you've done something over the past year to acquire a slutty or otherwise bad reputation (you'd be a liability to the house)
--you've supremely pissed off one or several sisters
--you were accidentally rude to a sister
--you have had a whole year on campus and have not gotten involved in anything.
Old 08-11-2000, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with twinstars. But, even if something in the 'bad' list has happened, I'd rush again. But I'd be sure to keep an open mind. A lot can happen in a year and your perspective may have changed. XYZ may have been IT last year, but now you may see yourself as an ABC. It happened to 3 of my pledge sisters that went thru as freshman, got bids from other houses, and all dropped. When I rushed as a freshman, I talked to one girl(who happend to end up being a pledge sister) and she said it just didn't feel right at the other house. So, go through again. Focus on all the houses. Maybe you'll click with a different one this year. Maybe not. But remember to go where you'll be comfortable, and have fun through rush.
Old 09-21-2000, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I know how you feel about deferring because the 2 you wanted cut you. I feel like that too. The ones I got invited back to are 2 of the ones I felt LEAST comfortable with. I ranked them in order of who I felt most comfortable with. So getting cut from my favorite ones hurts a lot. As long as I go to these 2 parties tonight, I will still be eligible for snap bids... but I don't expect any. That's a question i have... if I got cut from a sorority, how likely am I to get a snap bid from them? Just wondering...