GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,459
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, aolviatopz5295
» Online Users: 2,414
0 members and 2,414 guests
No Members online

Old 01-20-2012, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
What is a challenge?
A question or statement used to test whether the person to whom you are talking is a member of your GLO. A member will respond with a specific reponse, but to anyone else it would sound like a "normal" question or statement.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Gorgeous PNM (PNM, not member), nodding towards a plainer PNM and speaking to a member of the sorority: "I can't believe y'all asked her back. She'll never make it into THIS sorority."
And the outcome of that PNM's recruitment?
Old 01-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't see the rushee's nametag (I tried hard!) but I did see Ms. Gorgeous PNM's nametag and unfortunately, she pledged the selective sorority. There must have been something incredible about her (superlegacy?) besides her looks that made her so confident that she'd get in because back then, that group was hard to crack.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
A question or statement used to test whether the person to whom you are talking is a member of your GLO. A member will respond with a specific reponse, but to anyone else it would sound like a "normal" question or statement.
Thank you!

It was open house (day one or two depending on schedules) and I was talking to a PNM. I asked something along the lines of if she was involved in anything on campus. Now it was very loud and I didn't think I had her the PNM correctly when she said "Pit Crew". So I asked again. Same thing repeated. I asked a third time and she got super annoyed, rolled her eyes and just about yelled "PIT CREW!" Now the only thing I could think of with this is nascar, obviously not a campus involvement. I come to find out later that Pit Crew is a student organization that basically is the student section at Oregon basketball games (sometimes other sports but mainly basketball). I hadn't been to a basketball game yet, so I was unaware. It wasn't necessarily weird when you know what it is, but I was definitely weirded out at the time. I don't know what happened to the PNM, but I bet I lost points in her eyes...

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 01-20-2012, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

At a recent informal recruitment event, we had pop as usual. I brought the PNM a glass of diet Coke and after a sip, she looks at me quizzically and asks, "does this have alcohol in it?" I was like, "of course not! We don't have alcohol in the sorority house." On the inside I wanted to be like, "I understand, diet Coke always tastes like it has rum in it to me." I felt super awkward, lol. Not her fault of course. It was still funny.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

A PNM initiated a conversation with me and some other actives about the size of Michael Fassbender's penis, as seen in the movie "Shame."
Old 01-20-2012, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeb View Post
A PNM initiated a conversation with me and some other actives about the size of Michael Fassbender's penis, as seen in the movie "Shame."
I seriously just snorted from laughing so hard. That's ridiculous. How can you even respond to that?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I mentioned something along the lines of how George Clooney made a joke about it at the Golden Globes and moved on. Either that or the conversation ended abruptly because we both had to leave together to see a play.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish I was kidding about this one but, after a PNM shook one of my sisters hands she goes

"Sorry my hands are wet. I can't stop licking them!"

It had something to do with the snack from a previous party
Old 01-20-2012, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyj87 View Post
I wish I was kidding about this one but, after a PNM shook one of my sisters hands she goes

Ewwwww...I'd have just said they were sweaty. Totally preferable to covered in saliva!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 01-21-2012, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyj87 View Post

iLost.