GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,261
1 members and 1,260 guests
No Members online

Old 06-13-2011, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face Cal State Chico or Fresno?

I'll be transferring to either Chico or Fresno in a few months. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on either of those places and their greek life. Thank you
Old 06-13-2011, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

You posted here earlier that you went through recruitment in 2010- did you join a sorority?
Old 06-13-2011, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

No, I ended up dropping because I didn't get in the only one I felt like I belonged at. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it again, but I might just try.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretiger2 View Post
No, I ended up dropping because I didn't get in the only one I felt like I belonged at. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it again, but I might just try.
If you do try, you need to be a lot more open minded. It isn't just what you feel, it's how the members of the sororities feel about you. Obviously you didn't "belong" in that group or you would have recieved a bid. Did you get invited to other groups? Did you check them out and give them a chance? If you aren't going to be open to ALL the groups at either campus, don't waste your time going through rush.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretiger2 View Post
I'll be transferring to either Chico or Fresno in a few months. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on either of those places and their greek life. Thank you
Your decision should have already been made. Cal State U's give a May 1 deadline to accept your place.

Greek life should not be the basis of your decision. You should pick the school that has your major and will help you achieve your goals.

DaffyKD
Old 06-13-2011, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffyKD View Post
Your decision should have already been made. Cal State U's give a May 1 deadline to accept your place.
DaffyKD
That's what I was thinking. Are any CSUs accepting spring transfers these days? If they do it's probably limited to junior transfers from a CC in their service area.

In any case, CSU Chico holds formal recruitment in the spring. Pledge classes are big...high 40s?? Opportunities to rush informally in the fall may be very limited as all 5 sororities may be over, at or very close to total.

CSU Fresno holds recruitment in late August and has smaller pledge classes of 25-30 or so.

Open your heart and your mind, and if you're serious this time around, you'll probably find what you are looking for. Good luck!

True Lives to Live From Day to Day

Old 06-13-2011, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Greek life should not be the basis of your decision. You should pick the school that has your major and will help you achieve your goals.

DaffyKD
I'm not sure about Cal State and the google answers aren't helping much, but many transfer deadlines are later. May 1 is often the freshman acceptance date, but for Oregon Schools and a few others that I looked at when I transferred had deadlines as late as August.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 06-13-2011, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

By a few months I mean in spring. I'm moving on out there because I'm going to law school in Cali. Thanks yall
Old 06-13-2011, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
I'm not sure about Cal State and the google answers aren't helping much, but many transfer deadlines are later. May 1 is often the freshman acceptance date, but for Oregon Schools and a few others that I looked at when I transferred had deadlines as late as August.
My son is transferring to a Cal State from community college in fall. He was told there is a May 1 deadline since the cutbacks are so severe most of the schools do not have a later date for transfer students. The fall tuition payment is due this week along with the housing fees.

DaffyKD
Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My son is transferring to a Cal State from community college in fall. He was told there is a May 1 deadline since the cutbacks are so severe most of the schools do not have a later date for transfer students. The fall tuition payment is due this week along with the housing fees.

DaffyKD
/delurking
This is what I was told at my school as well. We had to have our transfer decisions by May 1st and we had to attend a transfer orientation shortly thereafter. It was mandatory and if you didn't stay the whole day, you were denied. My school told me that they don't have Spring transfers anymore because there are so, so, so many students that are trying to transfer into the school from community colleges.

/back to lurking
Old 06-14-2011, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

To the OP, plus other interested Gcers

For CSU Fresno, there's a chart showing “Fall 2010” GPAs by council and chapters within each council, plus all men, all women, etc. There's some historical data on GPAs going back few years, too. If that kind of information interests you, see

http://www.csufresno.edu/studentacti...r%20report.pdf

Last edited by exlurker; 06-14-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's a helpful link about CSU Chico:

http://www.csuchico.edu/sac/documents/orgSor.pdf

and one for CSU Fresno:

http://www.csufresno.edu/studentacti...fe/index.shtml