GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,512
3 members and 1,509 guests
LaneSig, Sarak24034

Old 03-06-2008, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Numbering

Years ago most GLO's distinguished there badges with engravings on the reverse. These engravings included the chapter and member number. With the rising price and cost of jewelry, and the dying art of miniture engraving GLO's, for the most part, has ceased to do this. This makes it more difficult to locate the precious badges and recognize individual ones as your own. I belive that all GLO's should number and keep a detailed registry of the badges. This would make it more feasible to prove ownership of stolen pins, and trac who has each and where they are. Just a thought.

Joe G.
Sigma Alpha Mu
Past Board of Directors Member
Old 06-04-2009, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a member of the newly installed Eta Xi and am still waiting for my actual key to be finished and given to me. On the search for antique keys to ensure the tradition was alive I ran across the article and cried. I immediately searched your name Mary in the hopes that I can thank you! My school worked so hard to become members of Kappa Kappa Gamma and I feel blessed to know that I have sisters who work so hard to keep the traditions we were so proud to enter into alive. If I had the money I would buy every badge I found. But alas I am a college student!

Thanks Again Mary. This forum has confirmed that all our hard work was worth it.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

There are two Kappa badges on ebay right now-- a plain gold one and a sapphire/pearl one. This is heart breaking. And the prices are at least double what a sister would pay to buy a badge from nationals... literally. The sapphire/pearl is $130 from nationals and they're charging $260.