GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,587
0 members and 2,587 guests
No Members online

Old 11-15-2006, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Need Some Advice

Me and 4 friends would like to start a sorority we know all the basics and the ground work but its hard to figure out a purpose thats not already in use. And we have our various reasons not to want to join one established here they all have not so good reps at least the ones that holds our interest and they are not defining true sisterhood we have one sorority fighting amongst themselves over dumb things. So we want to start our own Sorority but need a purpose to exist anyone have any idea's or how did any locals think theirs up?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-15-2006, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmelT View Post
Me and 4 friends would like to start a sorority we know all the basics and the ground work but its hard to figure out a purpose thats not already in use. And we have our various reasons not to want to join one established here they all have not so good reps at least the ones that holds our interest and they are not defining true sisterhood we have one sorority fighting amongst themselves over dumb things. So we want to start our own Sorority but need a purpose to exist anyone have any idea's or how did any locals think theirs up?
Did you do a search through older threads? Please go do that and then come back.
I'm just saying it before anyone else does.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 11-15-2006, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Your sorority's purpose should be something meaningful and important to you and your sisters. It is the reason that you are founding your organization, and should expess what you were founded on and what the purpose of your sorority's existence. If you can't think of something personally meaningful about your group, then perhaps you should rethink starting a sorority. If your purpose is already expressed by another group, then you should find out the proper protocol for becoming a chapter of that group instead of re-inventing the wheel by starting a new sorority.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
I'd search (and ask) over in the Locals forum.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

From what you say about not wanting to join the other sororities because of reputations and not truely liking each other.. Perhaps your purpose should be based on sisterhood and that sort. Maybe you and your friends should make a list of things that are important to you as individuals and come together and find which you all put on your list?