GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,399
3 members and 2,396 guests
MSKKG, navane

Old 08-20-2002, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

rush crush

well, now that I am addicted to these rush threads I was just wondering about rush from the active side on other campuses. I love to hear about the PNM's that love certain chapters, but what about actives who love certain PNM's (we call them rush crushes)? At our chapter almost everyone has one by invite and it is a mad house when they read who is coming back and who is not.

Does anyone have a good rush crush story? Did she end up being your little or where you your bigs rush crush?

I have two stories about this. I was not my bigs rush crush but my rho chis (when they were still called that)! Anyway, it was sad because she ended up being in one of the sorority's that I dropped, needless to say that we both cried on bid day. I was truely disappointed but we have stayed close since then. I found out I was her rush crush a few months later when my b/f who is in her sorority and had been in my same rho chi group found out, it made me feel special to have been someones rush crush.

The next year though I had a mad rush crush on this girl that I meet at the first party. She struck me because the first party when she walked in she had a huge smile and some how I could see her wearing our letters even though I had not talked to her. When I did talk to her this feeling was confirmed and I just could not see her going anywhere else. Anyway, I was right and she ended up being my little!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-20-2002, 02:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
We have rush crushes too...

my sophmore year i hung out with a bunch of freshman girls that used to date guys in the same fraternity as my boyfriend at the time was (LXA). There were three girls that I loved to death, of course when they went through Rush I was so excited to see all of them up until Pref. and I knew from my roomate (who was in another GLO) that the 3 were preffing her house too. I was so nervous for them! But on bid day it was great! AZD got two out of the 3 girls. One ended up being my lil' and the other ended up being an additon to an offshoot of my family. The 3rd girl went to the other house, but she remained friends!

my junior year, everyone raved about this one girl and she was like the crush of my close friends/sisters. however, when i met her during 1st round i wasn't all that impressed. I was kinda glad that she went another day on bid day even though lots of my sisters were upset.

my senior year i was a rho chi, and the rho chis had permanently confused all the PNM's as to which houses we belonged too. And we had been dissafiliated so long (from thanksgiving break to feb 1.) that we just kind of formed our own panhellenic org. anyway...this one girl who i loved to death, she and i had soo much in common and was my absolute favorite of all 400+ PNM's going through, ended up coming to me and talking to me about her decisions of what glo to put down first on her bid card. One of them being AZD. She was like "now, i know I can talk to you bc I know you aren't one of these two orgs. . our rush group decided you are a sigma..." so we talked and i told her to follow her heart and all that good stuff and she was so excited when she found out i was an AZD too on bid day. She still is one of my favorites whenever i go back!
Old 08-20-2002, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I have had at least one rush crush per year.....

The first was Sasha, who was a freshman with me....I was pledged to KD when she went through recruitment, but not yet initiated. I wanted to wait until the girls in my class pledged to initiate. Sasha lived on my hall and was very cool, but I didn't know her very well. During rush, it looked like she was going to be a KD, so I chose to pref her. She did pledge, and the sisters let me take her as a little, as sort of a gift for chosing to be a pledge for so long.

My next "crush" was also during formal recruitment. Katie was a commuter who I had seen around and always made me laugh. Not too many people knew her, but I talked this girl up sooooooooooo much to my sisters. She ended up pledging and becoming my 2nd little sis!

My final one was Mandy during COB-ing. KD held an open recruitment party for upperclassmen with ZTA, and a lot of people thought Mandy was deadset on Zeta...but alas! She is now my great-great-great great grandlittle!!! hehehe
Old 08-20-2002, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

my rush crushes always end up joining another (all the same) sorority... AND it's a family thing, cause my big's (sorry i'm not into being pc tonite) rush crushes always have done the same and now starting last spring so did my little's. BUT maybe it ends up working for the best (well kindof) cause if we had taken our crushes as littles (which happens alot in our chapter) then we wouldn't have our family ( i was cob'ed and so was my little so i guess we were cob crushes? hehe).... i guess but man i just don't get what it is that has made them ALL go xyz (and then not like it and regret not going adpi)???? supposedly we are pretty good rushers (yeah most valuable rusher, hehe) ..... maybe we can break the streak this year.... it's gotten so bad i'm afraid to pref someone for fear they'll go xyz instead!!!! ....keep your fingers crossed for us!

~*~

Last edited by sweetie adpi; 08-20-2002 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Do you guys want a rush account from the actives point of view? If so, I would able to do that for you guys!!
Old 08-20-2002, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I DO!!!!
Old 08-20-2002, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

So, I have a quick, interesting "rush crush" story.

One year in recruitment, I met this PNM who I adored. She was so spunky and energetic and I just HAD to have her in my chapter. Well, she cut us and joined another chapter.

A few months later, I find out that she has a horrible reputation for being a bit promiscuous and doing lots of, um, hard-core drugs... no wonder she had so much energy!
Old 08-21-2002, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

My rush crush was a girl named Lindy. She was a cute blonde, down to earth etc. Of course she was a lot of girls' rush crush in my house, but when i met her I told myself I would fight to make her my little. Even though I knew she was going to join our house-- she made it very clear that we were her first choice-- I still cried when i heard her name called on bid day. I ran to give her a hug. Unfortunately, she never got to be my little, due to money problems she dropped less than a week after bid day. I ended up having a class with her in the spring, but i had colored my hair from blonde to brunette and she colored her hair purple. She seemed to have changed and not in a good way. Perhaps she was still trying to find her place since it was her freshman yr. She was the only rushee that I had spoken to that had an impact on me. But I I found some great new sisters and I got a little sis each semester this past yr!!! They gave me the cutest paddles!
Old 08-21-2002, 09:56 AM

One of my chapter sisters was the rush crush buzzkill...I think every girl she was super interested in, except one, pledged another sorority. Probably because she wanted to change our image and was looking at girls who were nothing like us. Looking at some of them though, I'm very very glad they ended up elsewhere.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:38 PM

I had a lot of rush crushes. One was a Kappa leg. But I didn't know that until after bid day. I saw her the day after and we ran up an hugged eachother. She seemed sad and had told all her friends to rush us. She eventually found her niche in Kappa. So everything turned out alright for her.

Of the rest. Half went Theta and half ChiO. That was really frusturating. Theta is our biggest competition. (Even if we're not their biggest competition. ) ChiO was the other chapter I preffed. It proved to me that these girls easily could have fit in at our chapter too.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:10 PM

I only had one rush crush. Between my joining via COB and being a rho chi, that'll happen to ya She is Indian (as in, from India), and I love Indian cooking, so we shared curry recipes during rush I tried very hard to rush her in, I succeeded but I didn't end up being her big... oh well
Old 09-13-2002, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to suzipiphi Send a message via Yahoo to suzipiphi
Thumbs up

To tell you the truth I have been on both sides of rush crushing. This past week was our recruitment for NMSU and I had three rush crushes and all three of them went Pi phi. It was very exciting and one is now my roommate and another is going to be my lil.

On the opposite side my big sis and I met on the first night of recruitment and by the second day I wanted her to be my big sis. She told me awhile back that I was her rush crush and now we are suitemates. I liked going through but I absolutley love being on the other side(this is my first time going through on the other side for formal recruitment).

Suzi
Old 09-13-2002, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

OK I have to share my rush crush story

I met this one PNM at our first rush event when the freshman came to meet their college. This girl came up to me and was kinda shy, she asked a few questions, and I polietly answered them. Once she saw my excitement she lit right up and you could tell she was so excited to join Sigma Alpha.

Last night I delivered her invite back to pref and she started screaming and gave me and the other sister who came with me a huge hug. I guess my crush for her is based on the fact that we are both so enthusiastic about Sigma ALpha.

I can't wait to see if she gets a bid Needless to say I would love to deliver it, just to see her reaction!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

You know something kind of funny about the rush crush thing that I have noticed as an advisor? Now that I have seen 3 or four classes go all the way through from rush to graduation, the one or two girls that EVERYONE has a rush crush on, like the whole house (or every house on campus, in some cases), the girl we just HAVE to have, very often ends up deactivating as a junior or senior, or really don't contribute a whole lot to the house and are just there to party. Its often the couple of girls who kind of "slipped in" that end up being president or a real Polly Pi Phi. There are certainly exceptions, but this has happened multiple times, so I just sit back and smile during rush when I hear about how we just HAVE to get so and so. Kind of funny, in a nice way.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nwsigkap
I was the rush crush queen this year! And I ended up going 3 for 4 with mine....all three girls I preffed went SK (a little bit of an ego booster )! There were two girls I knew before recruitment that had to be Sigma Kappa's. One of them happened to be my sorority grandma's little sister (yep, a legacy ) Alisha, and the other was her roomate Keri who was next door neighbors with our Pledge Educator for her whole life. So those two didn't take as much convincing even though I worked hard on them. Then there was my good friend Becky who was going through as a sophomore, and everyone loved her too...unfortunatley she dropped us the night before pref. And finally, there is my heart sis Megan. I rushed her so hard and pulled out every story that I could think of! I didn't meet her until day 3, but 1 minute into the conversation I knew we needed her as a Sigma Kappa. Before coming into pref she was torn between us and the sorority my friend Becky ended up joining, but when she left our pref bawling....I was hoping for the best and it happened!

And I totally agree with the non rush crushes ending up some of the biggest contributors. I don't think anyone had a rush crush on me, I think I was the girl everyone liked, but no one was obsessed with. It all works out in the end...I'm doing all right now and ended up with the best mom (aka big) ever!