GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,291
2 members and 1,289 guests
g41965, naraht

Old 08-09-2005, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Angel hair pasta with pesto chicken, caeser (sp?) salad w/my dad's home made (AMAZING) caeser dressing, and frozen vodka lemonade...mmm, I love being home!
Old 08-10-2005, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
You are the King of the "What's for Dinner" thread.
Thanks for the comment, but, the downside is that I have to sweat keeping the gut under control. As an Army Reserve officer I have to stay inside the height and weight rules and as a Cavalry (Armor) branch type I need to be in "reasonable" shape. Reasonable is defined as being able to tear apart a T-Rex with your bare hands and not break sweat (or so they would have us believe). That means one follows the simple rule, eat well - work out hard. Since I am not into working out it is a serious exercise in self discipline, something I would really rather ignore but, what the hell... So, chow down Hogs!
Old 08-11-2005, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DZGirl
I agree! I get hungry every time I read what he eats!
DZGirl,
Thanks to you also for the kind words. Someday I hope I will be able to call myself a gourmet, but if I'm not careful I'm liable to turn into a gourmand!
Dad and I were supposed to be in the UK this week to determine if it would be practical for me to begin taking over his practice in the EU over the next couple of years. That has been pushed back for a few days but when we get there we are planning to have dinner at Rule's on Maiden Lane. That is one of my favorite restaurants and I am looking forward to Irish Rock Oysters on the half shell, smoked breast of phesant with pear chutney, medallions of vennison in a port wine glaze over braised root veg, and a steamed pudding with double cream. Afterwards we go to the Crusting Pipe in Covent Garden and have aged stilton with vintage port and then back to Dad's club for black coffee, cognac, and a good cigar. I prefer Hoyo de Monterays and he likes Bolivars. This is always a high point of a trip to London when Dad is there.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dekeguy
Thanks for the comment, but, the downside is that I have to sweat keeping the gut under control. As an Army Reserve officer I have to stay inside the height and weight rules and as a Cavalry (Armor) branch type I need to be in "reasonable" shape. Reasonable is defined as being able to tear apart a T-Rex with your bare hands and not break sweat (or so they would have us believe). That means one follows the simple rule, eat well - work out hard. Since I am not into working out it is a serious exercise in self discipline, something I would really rather ignore but, what the hell... So, chow down Hogs!
Ah, the price of good food.

After your second post, now I have a craving for oysters.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

It's beef stew tonight, but I don't think the mister realizes he's the one that's gotta' cook it.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Speghetti T.V. Dinner

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to a.e.B.O.T.
Velvetta Macaroni
Old 08-12-2005, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
dekeguy, You are a rotton SOB. Damn, I am salavating at the moment! Dawg!!

Trying to decide what to do for left over as is so damn HOT in KC.

Cold Salmon, Lemon, or Left over Ham and Beans, Corn Bread slathered with Oleo!

Are You just BSing?
Tom,
No BS! Both Mom and Dad are serious foodies and raised us to appreciate good chow. My sister is a really great cook and even my brother and I are not bad in the kitchen. We figure it takes very little extra effort and not much more expense to enjoy seriously good meals, so we go for it.
Suggestion for your salmon, which I see you eat fairly often. Poach your salmon in a mix of one part vermouth to two parts of water with a couple of bay leaves and some whole pepper corns. When the fish is done drain it, let it cool, then peel off the skin.
Sprinkle the flesh with some Creole Seasoning and serve it with a sauce made of Hellman's Mayo and fine cut tarragon leaves. Fresh are best but dried works very well also. Be real generous with the tarragon. Let it sit in the fridge for an hour or two. Great flavor.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dzfan
dekeguy, that sounds awesome!! so jealous!! Last night I had to pick up food at Whole Foods which was good but not homemade -- just had corn salad, green beans and steak.
Sounds delicious. Ever make a veg stir fry with fresh greenbeans? I get about a pound of green beans, top and tail them and saute' them in some rendered pancetta and a little finely minced fresh garlic. Served up hot and crunchy and they are really great. If I'm not grilling my steak on the coals I like to pan fry it in a tablespoon of olive oil and a pat of butter. Cooked very rare and then reserved on the side while I make a sauce of pan juices, couple of tablespoons of red wine, and some sliced mushrooms. Toast up an English Muffin and serve the steak on the toast with the sauce poured over it and some of the green beans on the side. Glass of Shiraz and I am in tall clover.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I recently told myself and my wallet that I would try to spend less money on fast food, so...I guess it'll be a Stouffers dinner instead of happy hours at Applebee's.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Tried to talk to the b/f into having dinner ready for me by the time I got home, it usually is during the week. Alas, he said I could find him sitting by the pool catching some rays and drinking a beer when I got home! Not the answer I was looking for! I'm guessing we'll be hitting up Applebees (even though I hate their food) for some $1 beers. Gotta love the Applebees by my house...$1 beers all day, every day!
Old 08-12-2005, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Right where I want to start Fresh and move futher from...
Send a message via Yahoo to Pearls4Life
Dang, I don't want to cook but...

baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon and brown sugar, salmon with jerk seasoning and garlic, broccoli and carrots in a salad.

"Success is by "DESIlRE" !!!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Re: Dang, I don't want to cook but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearls4Life
baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon and brown sugar
Dang, I want some SO bad. Anyway, I just finished eating chicken with broccoli.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 08-12-2005, 09:07 PM

Re: Dang, I don't want to cook but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearls4Life
baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon and brown sugar
That sounds so delicious!

I had fish & chips at TGIFridays. It was good.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Homemade chicken parm, tomato sauce and some store-bought pasta. I actually had some time to cook tonight.